Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

Thanks so much for your review. Its too bad that inebriated table couldn't tone it down a bit.

I wouldn't have been too happy as we love the music:sad2::hyper2::drinking1

Did you happen to notice if people were standing up to see the displays on the water? Do you think that if I stood up i would be blocking someones view. I'm barely 5 feet tall:teeth:

Glad you had a nice time!! Were excited and cant wait!!

Just 1 more month for us Whoo hoo!!

Have fun
Liz:rose:

I haven't focused much on the booze portion of the package. My spouse doesn't drink. I do, though. What is included versus not included?

9bfe9dad-6e48-4f80-8bcd-2f791c556a55-jpeg.380063

photo courtesy apdebord.

I think a photo showing how the hedge does (or doesn't) block some part of the show would be most helpful. This photo just shows how it blocks the view of the Friendship boat going back and forth.

I think a photo showing how the hedge does (or doesn't) block some part of the show would be most helpful. This photo just shows how it blocks the view of the Friendship boat going back and forth.

This is my first attempt at uploading photos to DIS. We were on the lower level during Illuminations, though dinner was on the upper patio due to the colder weather. I did not feel like the hedge obstructed our view at all. Everything takes place far enough beyond the hedge. I was standing when I took the pics, and I am 6'1". DW who is probably half a foot shorter did not find the hedge to obstruct the view either. The photo of people are the non-package folks who were allowed to cram into that corner of the patio beyond where the tables for people with the dinner package were blocked off. As you can see, there is another couple who were on the dinner package at the next table over who sat during the show.

ETA: I apologize for the quality of the photos, I am not a photographer and these were shot with my phone camera. Also, I saw a previous post make a comment about possible issues with the sound quality or speakers during the show - we did not notice any such problem. The sound quality was great. We thought it was worth it for a one-time experience, but probably not a repeat event. The photos were from 01/31/19.

20190131_210931.jpg 20190131_210929.jpg 20190131_211250.jpg 20190131_210854.jpg 20190131_211210.jpg

This is my first attempt at uploading photos to DIS. We were on the lower level during Illuminations, though dinner was on the upper patio due to the colder weather. I did not feel like the hedge obstructed our view at all. Everything takes place far enough beyond the hedge. I was standing when I took the pics, and I am 6'1". DW who is probably half a foot shorter did not find the hedge to obstruct the view either. The photo of people are the non-package folks who were allowed to cram into that corner of the patio beyond where the tables for people with the dinner package were blocked off. As you can see, there is another couple who were on the dinner package at the next table over who sat during the show.

ETA: I apologize for the quality of the photos, I am not a photographer and these were shot with my phone camera. Also, I saw a previous post make a comment about possible issues with the sound quality or speakers during the show - we did not notice any such problem. The sound quality was great. We thought it was worth it for a one-time experience, but probably not a repeat event. The photos were from 01/31/19.

View attachment 381772 View attachment 381773 View attachment 381774 View attachment 381775 View attachment 381776

So was there plenty of room for the people with the dinner package to stand without blocking anyone's view? I'm on the shorter side, and my DD9 is a few inches shorter than me so I'm wondering if we'll need to stand to see over the hedge.

Can you provide some unique words in that post to search on? I tried searching for posts in this thread that had the word "beer" and none of them had the menu.

View attachment 381772 View attachment 381773 View attachment 381774 View attachment 381775 View attachment 381776
Thanks for posting!!! your photos are great and very helpful, I think Ill hold on to this for my family, having a seat for my older parents makes it very appealing to me, your photos look better then what I thought.

So was there plenty of room for the people with the dinner package to stand without blocking anyone's view?

The only people that are behind you if you are on the lower patio would be the people on the upper patio. But they are elevated above you. I checked when I stood on the lower patio, and if I had thought I was blocking anyone's view I would have sat down.

Can you provide some unique words in that post to search on? I tried searching for posts in this thread that had the word "beer" and none of them had the menu.

Post#197

We checked in at 7:30 and were seated around 7:50. We’re taking up the entire bottom level, about 15 tables. The top level is still regular diners. Drinks were served by 8:15. Ordered the cocktail with the boba on the side; it’s good, but a little sweet for me. Let me know if you have any questions while I’m here!View attachment 376423 View attachment 376424
View attachment 376425

The only people that are behind you if you are on the lower patio would be the people on the upper patio. But they are elevated above you. I checked when I stood on the lower patio, and if I had thought I was blocking anyone's view I would have sat down.

Awesome, thank you! This makes me feel better about keeping this reservation. So in your opinion, do you think someone a few inches below 5' would be able to see if standing?

I just posted the two photos above. The one of the globe is blurry because I zoomed in, but I think it shows that the hedge doesn't really impact the view, you can still see the entire globe above the hedge. The second photo is from our table, we were at the second table as you walk in, so our view was partially "hedgeless".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter