Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Lesley Wake, Jan 8, 2019.

1. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

Thank you for the pictures! They have me leaning towards keeping the reservation, although I need to have my daughter check the menu for her friend. Since they are both underage, if she doesn't like the food, either, it would be a better use of money to eat elsewhere and use a FP for the show.

2. dakotix

dakotix DIS Dad #852 from Central Massachusetts

Rose & Crown is a GREAT place to watch the show. We did this a couple years ago. Our dinner end just as the show was starting and they let us go out on the patio to view the fireworks.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. PrincessArlena'sDad

PrincessArlena'sDad DIS Veteran

I'm a little confused. Some reports say non-package folks are seated on the upper patio, but on cold days, the upper patio is used for package dining.

When the upper patio is used for package dining, where do the non-package folks eat?

5. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Inside the restaurant.

saskdw likes this.
  6. PrincessArlena'sDad

Thanks. But, I'd assume that they'd plan on having diners inside the restaurant either way. Package folks on the lower patio, and non-package folks on the upper side patio, and inside the restaurant?

Or, when the package folks do eat on the lower patio, inside the restaurant is kept empty?

7. anne60

anne60 DIS Veteran

We were there on a warm night last week. We had the package and were seated on the lower patio. There were non-package diners on the upper patio and inside the restaurant. My assumption is that on nice nights they are able to accommodate more walk-ins.

8. PPFlight75

PPFlight75 DIS Veteran

Thank you! This is so helpful!!

9. Liz Z

Liz Z DIS Veteran

Thank You BK2014. I'm so looking forward to this now.:thanks:

Liz:rose:

BK2014 likes this.
  10. AsDreamersDo

AsDreamersDo Earning My Ears

We have this package booked for this summer (so excited!). We have a 4 yo and a 1 yo (will be almost 5 and almost 2 at time of travel), and the little one eats a LOT. When I booked the package, it just included her as a freebie, since she’s under 3. Does anyone know if there’s a way to get her a meal? I love that everything is included/paid up front, but wondering if the prix fixe model can handle an add-on for an under three with a serious appetite!

11. PrincessArlena'sDad

This question seems to be restaurant, or perhaps even server, specific.

At CRT, for example, most often the under 3s will get their own free meal. Same for Akershus. But, there are reports of this not happening.

When you get there, ask your server. Perhaps they will let you order from the regular Rose and Crown menu? Even if someone reports back between now and your date, there's no guarantee you'll have the same experience.

AsDreamersDo likes this.
  12. Alucard84

Alucard84 Earning My Ears

We have 7:45 ADRs here for our March trip. Party of 4. We definitely want to eat here, but with a 3 year old who doesn't eat much, the package is an easy no. Should we back our ADR up to get out earlier so we can find a spot for Illuminations or just roll with it and hope for the best? I just don't want to be stuck inside and miss the show.

13. vacationer1954

vacationer1954 DIS Veteran

I think this is the best approach. Rain or shine, begging for a view is definitely going to be a lot less successful now that so much of those tables are allocated to the package, and it wasn't that successful (our family ran one-for-three) without the package taking up those tables.

14. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I don't know of FP availability for Illuminations. I think there used to be a FP section, however that was removed years ago.

With that said, you dont need one to enjoy the show.

I would. Your odds of a view are now even more reduced than before the package. You can find a nice view outside the restaurant IMO. WE have never once missed a good view of Illuminationsfrom the WS.

15. vacationer1954

vacationer1954 DIS Veteran

We used a FP for Illuminations this past December. It wasn't much better than you could get for yourself just be staking out a spot a half hour earlier.

16. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I didn't realize they were still offered! I would not bother, so I guess that's why i never notice them! LOL!

17. TNickell27

TNickell27 If they had Butterbeer at Epcot, I'd never leave.

We did this package on this week on 2/13! We had a great time! We checked in at 7:45 and were seated about 10 min later. We were seated on the upper patio where are the heat lamps are because it was freezing! There were blankets on each chair as well. I had the Scotch egg and the fish & chips. Also had a black & tan and the signature cocktail. Husband had the Potato soup and loved it. It was honestly a ton of food! We were stuffed! About 10 min before the fireworks started, we were able to walk down to the lower patio and sit there with our blankets for an obstructed view of the show (minus the hedge of course). Honestly, the hedge didn't bother me. I'm short and I still really had no trouble seeing everything. I thought this package was a good value for the money. The service was exceptional and it was nice to be able to relax during the show!

Cramden likes this.
  18. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

Was there no option to stay on the upper patio to watch the show or were you given a choice?

19. BK2014

BK2014 DIS Veteran

When were there on 1/31, we ate in the upper patio and had the option to go to the lower patio to watch the show. I would say about 40% went to the lower patio, and the rest remained on the upper patio. No one else besides package holders were allowed on the lower patio.

gillep likes this.
  20. TNickell27

TNickell27 If they had Butterbeer at Epcot, I'd never leave.

Where are table was on the upper patio had an obstructed view b/c of the roof. Some of the other tables did not and didn't feel the need to move. We weren't forced to move and could have stayed at our table if we wanted!

gillep likes this.