• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by heidica
I have a question about exactly what to say when you finally get through and want to tell the CM that you want an illumination cruise? Earlier in this thread it said not to say "illumination cruise" because the cm will waste time telling you that there is no such thing, so instead say "specialty cruise". But with different firework cruises (illuminations and wishes) how do you tell them which one you want? When my 90 days comes up, I want to try and reserve a birthday pontoon boat for illuminations. What do you recommend, so there is no confusion and I am not wasting time?

From the first post:

When the reservationist answers do not make small talk, immediately tell him/her that you want to reserve the 8PM specialty cruise for such and such date.

From what I understand, "specialty cruise" only means the Epcot area cruises.

Ed

Originally posted by betterlatethannever
From the first post:

From what I understand, "specialty cruise" only means the Epcot area cruises.

Ed

actually, when I called, the CM asked me if I wanted MK (for Wishes I'm assuming) or Epcot (for Illuminations) ~ I'm not sure how you'd clarify this except to come right out and say you want to see Illuminations, after you say you want a "specialty cruise" ;)

I think I am going to try to make reservations for ten of us in February for the Illuminations Speciality Cruise. (six adults and four children). It is my understanding twelve people can fit in the boat. If I am able to make the reservations, what happens next...do two other people just show up or am I supposed to ask other people if they want to join us? What happens if we want to have snacks and drinks...Do the other two people have to opt for that, too? :bounce:

Originally posted by disney's daughter
I think I am going to try to make reservations for ten of us in February for the Illuminations Speciality Cruise. (six adults and four children). It is my understanding twelve people can fit in the boat. If I am able to make the reservations, what happens next...do two other people just show up or am I supposed to ask other people if they want to join us? What happens if we want to have snacks and drinks...Do the other two people have to opt for that, too? :bounce:

When you book the cruise, it is your cruise. flat fee. You can be by yourself. Disney will not put any other people in it.

IF you want to split the cost, then you can try and get other people to join you.

Ed

I'll be there from Sept 17th-20th if anyone needs a couple to share in the expenses for the cruise. I would love to take my fiance on the Illuminations cruise. My e-mail is nycazn@gmail.com. Thanks.

Welcome to the DIS, <b>nycazn</b>! I'm so glad you decided to join us and I hope you can visit often.

You might have better luck finding a cruise to share if you post to our Illuminations Cruise Central for September. You will find that thread <b>HERE</b>

Good luck!

Katholyn

I have tried to read all posts in this thread and my head is spinning. Forgive me for asking a question that I'm sure has already been asked 50 times in this thread, BUT, when you call to book the specialty cruise do you:

1) say you want a specialty cruise for illuminations (so that it's not confused with wishes);

2) say you want 8pm and then further clarify that it's for illuminations (when exactly does illuminations take place in January 2005????)

I'm confused as to what time you're suppose to specify since the cruise is only 45 minutes (or is it an hour) long and you're trying to time it with the illuminations.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! SO MUCH CONFUSION!!

I'm with blondeqtip. It still isn't clear to me on exactly what you say when you finally get a CM on the phone. On one post, it said to specify EPCOT (versus MK). Or do you specify, Illuminations versus Wishes?? Do you really need to specify a time if the CM knows you want to see Illuminations?? Or if you tell them 8pm, the CM will know you mean Illumations??:confused:

For those who have gotten through and gotten an Illumination cruise - what did you say to the CM so they knew what you were talking about??

Originally posted by blondeqtip

1) say you want a specialty cruise for illuminations (so that it's not confused with wishes);

In the Disney CRO system ALL Fireworks Cruises are called "Specialty Cruises" They are listed as such:
Specialty Cruise Bayside Marina
Specialty Cruise Boardwalk
(Both of these are IllumiNations)
Specialty Cruise Wilderness Lodge
Specialty Cruise Grand Floridian
Specialty Cruise Polynesian Resort
Specialty Cruise Fort Wilderness
Specialty Cruise Contemporary Resort
(All of these are Wishes)

2) say you want 8pm and then further clarify that it's for illuminations (when exactly does illuminations take place in January 2005????)

Except for the time between Thanksgiving and New Years Eve, IllumiNations is ALWAYS at 9pm.

>I'm confused as to what time you're suppose to specify since the cruise is only 45 minutes (or is it an hour) long and you're trying to time it with the illuminations.

The night time cruises are ONLY for Wishes and IllumiNations. You cannot book a pontoon boat with a driver after 5pm except to see one of the shows, so don't worry about the time.

I hope this helps!

Crazy Hakim (Mike)...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

You have answered all my questions. Are you a teacher in your non-mickey life? HAHA.

Seriously, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. It's truly appreciated!

P.S. Did I say thank you?

hi, would you also know what the limit is for the amount of boats parked under the bridge for illuminations? if they allow the max, does it interfere with your view? is one spot better than another? thanks in advance.

Originally posted by francie
hi, would you also know what the limit is for the amount of boats parked under the bridge for illuminations? if they allow the max, does it interfere with your view? is one spot better than another? thanks in advance.

There is space for only 6 boats under the bridge. They are aligned as such.
Space 1-far left closest to United Kingdom.
Space 2-left center between boats
Space 3-next to space 2 and up against bridge center support
Space 4-opposite side of bridge support
Space 5-center space between boats
Space 6-far right closest to France

Check for photo here:
http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/illum.htm

OK, if you understand that, here is how the spaces are assigned.
Space 1 is the Platinum (Grand) Plan boat. This boat is booked by guests on the Platinum Plan which includes a IlluimNations Cruise, but they are grouped togther upon availability until 10 guests are scheduled.
Space 2 and 3 are rugular pontoons, usually held for the largest sized parties, or Special Cruises such as Birthday's and Anniversaries.
Space 4 is Breathless.
Space 5 is again a regular pontoon
Space 6 is always the pontoon launched from BoardWalk (Cap't Jeff's) cruise.

All spaces are almost equal in view. The farther left (Space 1-3) you see the globe from it's initial lighting. The farther right (Space 5-6) have the globe centered at its fianl position just a little better than the left. You should never have a pontoon in front of you.

I hope this is clear. Any other questions?

No getting through to the rec. dept. today....I'm sure the phone lines will be either busy or down for the next few days!! :(
Hope WDW doesn't take a direct hit.

called this am at 6 am cdt not open called at 8:30 cdt open able to snag a boat for dec 4 th hope everyone else has good luck

called this am at 6 am cdt not open called at 8:30 cdt open able to snag a boat for dec 4 th hope everyone else has good luck

thank you, crazy hakim. the only other thing i was wondering about is if you can see the majority of countries that are all lit up from the boats as well as from land? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter