If you were buying an add on- where and why?

DEDisneylover

Mouseketeer
Realizing that everyone has way different reasons and needs of course...but just curious to see different opinions and views. Love how this board helps me look at things differently than I may have originally. I have a 150 pt VGF resale that I was lucky enough to get prior to the restrictions. I’ve already used most of the 2020 points I’m going to get in April. :) Been considering an add on since I got it, and have only considered BCV or BWV because I want to walk into Epcot. Lately, just searching for BWV because price is lower even though the pool is important to me/my family and I don’t love that one at all. I’ve been thinking I need around 75 points- finding a April UY with that hasn’t happened yet in all the sites I subscribe to.

Where would you get an add on and why? I’m OK with the contracts ending when they do at BCV and BWV because I’ll have my GFV that will continue on. Open to hearing ideas for things I haven’t considered- thanks in advance! :)

We have points at six resorts And just bought 220 more at OKW. It’s our favorite resort. But we aren’t parks people and May go to parks one day out of two weeks. We love OKW for the ambiance, the pool, the close activities like tennis and shuffleboard and for the stellar activities staff as well as the boat to DS.

I just bought resale at SSR. We plan to travel during high point seasons and likely will stay in 1 bedrooms so this was most economical for us.

Also own at BWV and very happy with that contract as well. Love the location.

Well, it sounds from your post that BCV is the resort you’d be much happier with than BWV.

Since you are looking at only 75 points, you are really talking about $3k to go with BCV...average $40 more per point.

IMO, that doesnt seem like enough to choose a resort that isn’t your favorite, Even if you divide that extra over 5 years, it means you spent an extra $600 per year to be where you want.

Over 10 years, it means only $300 more a year to be where you want, I’d say go with BCV and be where you will be the most happy!

We are thinking about adding on as well. We own VGF as well and would like a non MK resort as our second contract. I like RIV but I just cant justify the cost/fees/point charts. I am now looking at SSR and AKL. At the current price per point I can afford to purchase more points at those resorts. Planning on banking and borrowing points to stay in larger villas and grand villas. Not saying this is what you should do, only saying what our current thought process is. Good luck!

BCV is a much smaller resort compared to BWV -- so just be aware that finding that 75 point contract at BCV is likely going to be difficult -- especially if you're going to try and match UY with the VGF.

This might be one of those times I wouldn't worry about matching UYs -- since you'll probably be using those points separately from the VGF points.

It sounds like you already know what you want. It’s just a matter of waiting until the right contract comes along if you want to match use years. I’d check the handful of reputable sites regularly until you find those BCV points you’re hoping for. I love boardwalk, it was the perfect choice for me, but if you don’t love it don’t spend the money there.

We own 340 points at BWV and 125 points at Riviera and LOVE both resorts. We only use the quiet pool at both BWV and Riviera. We love the quiet pools! Having said that our daughter is a teen and doesn't have the need for a more active pool setting with slides, etc. We will probably add on at Riviera...love the resort and the Skyliner makes it all the better.

We had 160 points at SSR, and ended up adding on direct 75 points also at SSR before they changed the minimum to 100 points for direct benefits. Both contracts have the same August use year. We love the resort and the ease of it all the same is nice too.

For you, I'd go with your heart and get BCV.

For me, I'd like to add on at Grand Californian, but I probably won't.

We own at BRV and AKL, our two favorites; we love the national parks and anything outdoors / nature / wildlife as much as we love Disney. This it’s probably no surprise that we want to add on at Reflections next.

If by chance we pass on Reflection, we’ll add on at Copper Creek to keep the Wilderness Lodge when BRV expires.

We’d also love to own at Grand Californian, but the chance of finding a small contract with a September UY in a price we’d be willing to spend is unlikely. :-)

Polynesian, however, is a fourth we might consider, as we love the theming and location.

We are thinking about adding on as well. We own VGF as well and would like a non MK resort as our second contract. I like RIV but I just cant justify the cost/fees/point charts. I am now looking at SSR and AKL. At the current price per point I can afford to purchase more points at those resorts. Planning on banking and borrowing points to stay in larger villas and grand villas. Not saying this is what you should do, only saying what our current thought process is. Good luck!
Do you recommend VGF over BLT?

Depends on when you want to stay/what rooms at BCV/BWV.

For my needs, SSR points can book what I want, and with much better resale value in a few years.

Open to hearing ideas for things I haven’t considered- thanks in advance! :)
Just to increase options have you considered other UY or upping your point amount to 100 points? It might make it easier to find. Before considering a different UY i would research it to fully understand how you could use it. I added on - first bought AK then PVB. I first only wanted 75 points but considered other UY - in the end not seeing too many smaller 75 point contracts i found a 100 point in my same UY. The more options you give yourself the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter