If You Could Choose A New DVC Resort...

Which would you prefer?

• DVC at Polynesian

• DVC at Contemporary

• Eagle Pines

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
But, how would we get to Cataway Cay? They'd have to have a boat service or you'd to to work the cruise in. Days staying at a villa there woudl ahve to be planned around thsi.

But, how would we get to Cataway Cay?

They would fly us in... you know... like on Fantasy Island. Boss, da plane... da plane, boss...da plane! :teeth:

I think you can edit your poll to add DVC-AKL if you want...I voted Polynesian, but DH would buy DVC-AKL in a minute!

I've always thought that if they ever offered a Poly Villas or Contemporary Villas, that I would absolutely have to purchase, there's just no way I could talk myself out of that one. But I hadn't thought of Peddler's idea of a Sports complex villas, and that would be interesting to me as well, maybe a place with a really huge workout center and unbelievably large pool with lap lanes, tennis center, things like that. Although those type of things cost more to maintain than a regular resort probably.

I cast my vote for AKL and stand by that one.

Honestly both the Poly and the Contemporary never did much for me. I've never stayed at the Grand Floridian, but that's the one monorail resort for which I would consider a DVC add-on.

But, in all honesty, if they did add a monorail resort, I have to think that the nightly point costs would be even higher than the BWV / VLW / BCV level.

Is the convenience of using the monorail to get to just the one theme park (two with a transfer to Epcot) worth additional consideration? I can't honestly say that it is for my family.

Originally posted by tjkraz

Is the convenience of using the monorail to get to just the one theme park (two with a transfer to Epcot) worth additional consideration? I can't honestly say that it is for my family.
good point.

I would like to see a resort in the mountains for skiing. Probably out west in CO would be nice. I think that WDW is a great place but I would like to see something not at the water or WDW. The mountains are great in the summer also.

From the looks of things, they'd have a real winner if they went at the Poly or AKL. Maybe they'll see this? Sounds like fast sellers!

Originally posted by tinkgrl
Hi,

I said Eagle Pines. It looks like it will be a nice on if its ever built!! I also like the sounds of AKL villas!

Allison an associate
Offically DVC 7/23/03

I originally voted Contemporary (this resort needs an update and DVC would be ideal), but AKL Villas would be so awesome! Can you IMAGINE??!!

BTW...love the Castaway Cay idea! ;)

Originally posted by zulaya
I think you can edit your poll to add DVC-AKL if you want...I voted Polynesian, but DH would buy DVC-AKL in a minute!

Unfortunately only moderators can edit the poll. I am sorry I forgot about AKL. I would like to see that too.

I voted "other". I have to say DVC at Castaway Cay too. I know there are lots of bugs there but there were a lot in the WDW world area too at one time. Now most of them are in "A Bugs Life."
HBC

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but there will never be a DVC resort at the Poly. I spoke to one of the DVC higher ups about it and was told that 1) there's no room and 2) the ground there is unstable. It's a very wet area (lagoon) and when they refurb the hotel they have to fly in the supplies with a helicopter. They can't use a crane because it would sink. Sorry for the bad news.

Please modify this poll to include Castaway Cay and AKL. If it is not modifiable (is that a word?) a new poll that included these would be interesting.

Originally posted by tvwalsh
Please modify this poll to include Castaway Cay and AKL. If it is not modifiable (is that a word?) a new poll that included these would be interesting.

I agree. My suggestions:

Poly
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Eagle Pines
Castaway Cay
Disneyland
Offsite (maybe even separate options for East / West Coast)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter