If you are watching the coronation, are you team Camellia

I do see Charles as a bit of a villain in this storyline; he was the one who thought he was entitled to continue to see his mistress after marriage ... but he was also raised to believe he was different from other people (and, well, he was). To some extent he was a victim of his birth.

While she was a lovely person, I don't see her as a perfect princess. I firmly believe she was too young to realize what she was getting into, and I think more than being "quite pleased" to be in the spotlight, I think she figured out that would always be her lot ... so she tried to make the best of the choices she'd made. I don't think she was entirely a victim; she definitely "used Charles" ... she wanted to marry into the royal family. You know the saying: Be careful of what you wish for.

No, they're more complicated than victim and villain, and they both grew /changed over the years.
Sure. I can completely understand this point of view.

As someone who clearly does not follow royalty, the only thing that I wondered about was why Camilla gets to be Queen Camilla when Phillip who was married to Queen Elizabeth forever was never King Phillip. Seems odd to me. I don't really care for any of them. I was hopeful that Charles could be skipped and the title go to William instead.
See post #106

ford family

As someone who clearly does not follow royalty, the only thing that I wondered about was why Camilla gets to be Queen Camilla when Phillip who was married to Queen Elizabeth forever was never King Phillip. Seems odd to me. I don't really care for any of them. I was hopeful that Charles could be skipped and the title go to William instead.
Phillip couldn’t be King because king is higher than Queen.

Found some pretty cool color footage on YouTube of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation:

The listing says it's colorized but someone else says it's actually color footage filmed in Technicolor, and i think that's true because the colors look natural and not added later, and also the part where she's crowned is from a different angle than the black and white TV footage, and you can see the Archbishop place the crown on her head. In the TV footage they cut away at that point and they didn't show it.

it's interesting to compare and contrast with Charles III's coronation.
The tabloids reported that Prince George persuaded his Grandfather that the pages should wear trousers rather than the breeches and stockings that were worn at Queen Elizabeth’s coronation. Apparently he was worried about being teased at school. King Charles also chose to wear his Royal Navy uniform trousers, rather than breeches and stockings. We need @Karin1984 who is good at finding photographs, but I hear that she is busy 🛳.

This is a photograph of what King’s Counsel wear when they take silk. You can see the stockings and buckle shoes, but not the breeches. I hope that the photographs do not offend anyone.😉

D3ABAEE6-DCDD-46F8-8753-22905B560810.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsN_-FiXwAI3NnH?format=jpg&name=medium

Although Judges and King’sCounsel are appointed by the Monarch on the recommendation of the Chancellor of the Exchequer, the independence of the judiciary is one of the cornerstones of the UK constitution. The judiciary is not influenced by anyone, particularly not politicians or the government, so quite different to the U.S.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter