If This Doesn't Scare You, No Trip Report Will! New 11/15 Two updates!

Great update, Kayce. You got a lot done during your morning hours. Breakfast sounds yummy at the Main Street Bakery. I can't wait to hear how the girls do on Haunted Mansion.

Joining in! Bella's outfit is so cute!

Thank you! I have a complete sewing addiction. For this trip my new trick was applique! I can't stop!!! :rotfl:

Mmmm, Main Street bakery. Just the thought makes me very happy. :goodvibes

I wish I was there right now!

Great update, Kayce. You got a lot done during your morning hours. Breakfast sounds yummy at the Main Street Bakery. I can't wait to hear how the girls do on Haunted Mansion.

We were amazed at how much we got done. Gotta love AM EMH. Haunted Mansion update will hopefully be posted this weekend!

I always love seeing the huge bundle of Mickey balloons on Main Street :goodvibes

I am excited to see what they think of HM, I was terrified when I was younger and even ran out of the line after an hour wait when we got to the front :rotfl: now its one of my favorites

I always love seeing the huge bundle of Mickey balloons on Main Street :goodvibes

I am excited to see what they think of HM, I was terrified when I was younger and even ran out of the line after an hour wait when we got to the front :rotfl: now its one of my favorites

I love the balloons too! I don't remember ever being scared of HM but I'm sure I was when I was very young. I remember going as a teenager and loving it. I had high hopes that day that Bella had outgrown her fear! :thumbsup2

I am going to try to have an update ready tomorrow. I am waiting on Stacy to email me some pictures because I don’t have any of the next part. But in the meantime I wanted to share one of my favorite memories involving the Haunted Mansion, since that is where we headed next with the girls.

I was about 14 at the time and I had brought my friend Cathy along for the trip. She was completely outgoing and even obnoxious and at the time I thought it was hilarious. After we went through the stretching room, she started giving one of the younger CMs a hard time. She kept saying (in a friendly but teasing way), “You can’t talk to us, can you? Can you smile? Hellloooo?” and then saying to me, “See? They can’t talk to us. I can bother him all I want and he can’t say anything back.” So we were giggling about that as we boarded our doom buggy.

Well the next thing we know our db is getting ready to enter the mansion part when this face lit by flashlight pops into our car and he said (totally in character) “BOO!” He had caught up with us and jumped onto the side of our car and swung his flashlight lit face directly in front of us. :scared1: We were NOT expecting that, and we screamed and screamed. My parents were behind us and then said he definitely broke character as he cracked up laughing as he walked away. I giggle just thinking about it, he got her back for sure (and me too!)!!!
:rotfl:

I am going to try to have an update ready tomorrow. I am waiting on Stacy to email me some pictures because I don’t have any of the next part. But in the meantime I wanted to share one of my favorite memories involving the Haunted Mansion, since that is where we headed next with the girls.

I was about 14 at the time and I had brought my friend Cathy along for the trip. She was completely outgoing and even obnoxious and at the time I thought it was hilarious. After we went through the stretching room, she started giving one of the younger CMs a hard time. She kept saying (in a friendly but teasing way), “You can’t talk to us, can you? Can you smile? Hellloooo?” and then saying to me, “See? They can’t talk to us. I can bother him all I want and he can’t say anything back.” So we were giggling about that as we boarded our doom buggy.

Well the next thing we know our db is getting ready to enter the mansion part when this face lit by flashlight pops into our car and he said (totally in character) “BOO!” He had caught up with us and jumped onto the side of our car and swung his flashlight lit face directly in front of us. :scared1: We were NOT expecting that, and we screamed and screamed. My parents were behind us and then said he definitely broke character as he cracked up laughing as he walked away. I giggle just thinking about it, he got her back for sure (and me too!)!!!
:rotfl:

What a great story, Kayce...I love it (and I love your photopass pics...I am finishing up and will be done with our edits tonight).

Joining in! Great start so far, the girls are so cute! I can't wait to hear about the half marathon, I'd love to do one of those someday! :thumbsup2

I apologize now for the lack of pictures in this update. I’m still waiting on them but I am going to go ahead and get it posted. I will post Stacy’s/PP pics when I get them!

When I left off we were going into the Haunted Mansion. We entered through the cemetery because I really wanted to see the new queue. The girls had fun trying all the interactive things to do. We had to wait a couple of minutes when we got to the door, and I told them to watch Madame Leota’s tomb closely. When her eyes flashed open they both screamed in an excited way. They thought it was so cool!

As we entered the stretching room, Bella was ok but Kayla was nervous. She buried her head in Stacy’s legs. Bella told me she was going to close her eyes and of course I told her to go ahead if she needed to. She ended up opening them to look at the pictures stretch and thought the lady with the umbrella was funny.

After the stretching room, Bella was a little nervous and Kayla kept saying she didn’t want to do it. Stacy reassured her that it was fun and it was all ok. Stacy and Kayla rode behind Bella and I. Once we got on, Bella kept her eyes closed for a minute but once she opened them she realized it wasn’t bad. I pointed out the clock that has the 13 at the top and she thought that was funny. After that she loved it! Especially the mirrors. Kayla thought the mirrors were funny, too. Both girls said it was fun!!! Yay!:dance3:

We made our way to Splash Mountain after that to use our Fastpasses. I thought about going to get BTMRR passes for when we were done but Bella was really antsy to get on Splash. Both girls enjoyed it and then we decided to ride stand by for BTMRR which ended up taking 25 minutes. Bella had never ridden this one before but she liked it.

After that we stopped and got a Mickey bar and headed to PoTC. It was a 10 minute wait. Bella is making her “pirate” face in this picture and she didn’t wipe her Mickey bar off her face because she thought it would look like a mustache! :rotfl:
IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

After the ride they had to play around in the gift shop.
IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

Then we walked right on to the Magic Carpets.

IMG_3023-1.jpg

At that point we realized we STILL hadn’t met any characters! I had made a Walgreens photo book with pictures of Bella and the characters from May 2010 and they would sign by their picture. We stopped and got Kayla an autograph book and headed to our first meet and greet!

Up next: Who would we be meeting first?!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter