If This Doesn't Scare You, No Trip Report Will! New 11/15 Two updates!

kcandbella

DIS Veteran
Hi and welcome to my second trip report! I have been on a slight hiatus from the DISboards, but am glad to be back to relive the details of our trip. I also hope to get caught up on TRs from old friends and maybe make some new ones, too!

The details:
We stayed at Pop Century from Wednesday, September 28th-Wednesday, October 5th with the DDP.

We attended MNSSHP on Sunday, October 2nd.

I ran in the Wine and Dine half marathon on Saturday, October 1st.

Bella and a friend ran in the kids races the morning of Saturday, October 1st.

We had some awesome DISmeets!

The trip was planned because I have been running on and off for about a year and a half now, and my goal the whole time was to do a half marathon. I originally thought about Marathon weekend 2011, but life got in the way of my training and it just wasn’t in the cards. Then when I read some TRs about last year’s Wine and Dine, I thought it would be perfect! I am a night person, so a night run sounded great to me!

I am a single mom, so the problem I encountered was that I didn’t know if I would be able to take Bella with me or not since I would not have anyone to watch her during the race. I have a lot of DIS friends that were going to be there the same time, and they were all (ok most) bringing their kids so I knew I would miss her if I didn’t. Well, I have a friend, Stacy, who is also a single mom whose daughter is the same age as Bella. When I mentioned the idea of a Disney trip way back in January to her she was IN! We found some awesome airfare deals last spring and we were set! This was Stacy’s first trip since she was little so it was all new to her, and Kayla’s first trip. I was excited to show them around!

Here are some pictures of the cast:
Me and Bella:
IMG_3073.jpg

Stacy and her daughter Kayla:
IMG_3098.jpg

Bella and Kayla:
IMG_3023.jpg

It was a great trip! Hope you will join in the fun!!!

I'm here, Kayce--great intro. Can't wait to read about it all (just sorry we didn't hook up).

Hi Kayce, i'm here. It was great to meet you and Bella. I am excited to hear about the rest of your trip!

I'm here, Kayce--great intro. Can't wait to read about it all (just sorry we didn't hook up).

Me too! I looked for you Thursday morning at MK but we were so distracted with excitement for our first day that I probably could have walked right past you and not noticed. Maybe another time! :goodvibes

I'm so glad you're doing another trip report! Bella is a doll baby! Can't wait for more! :lovestruc

Thank you! Do you have any plans yet for baby Jack's first trip? ;) He is quite the handsome little man!

Hi Kayce, i'm here. It was great to meet you and Bella. I am excited to hear about the rest of your trip!

We enjoyed meeting up with your family, too! So glad we all got to spend a little time together. It was such a fun week!

Joining in !! Can't wait to read how your trip (and your 5K) went !!

Wednesday, September 28th

I woke up that morning sooo excited! There was only one little problem-I had to work all day! I teach kindergarten and I knew it was going to be a long day. Bella and I finished packing our carryons and my dad picked us up and took her to school and then me to work. We had loaded up their van the night before.

After what seemed like eternity the day ended. I ran out the door to where my parents were waiting with Bella to take me to the airport. She gets out of school earlier than I do so they had picked her up first. Stacy and Kayla live on the other side of the airport so the plan was to meet them there.

We got to the airport before they did. After a quick check through security, we were at our gate. Bella played her DS while she waited for Kayla to show up.
101_0010.jpg

Finally, we saw them! We live about an hour apart, so they hadn’t seen each other in a few weeks.
101_0011.jpg

While we were waiting for our flight, the girls ate Burger King and acted silly!
101_0012.jpg

101_0013.jpg

Finally, we were on the plane. I figured Kayla and Stacy would sit across the aisle from Bella and I, but the girls really wanted to sit together so Kayla and Bella sat with me and Stacy sat across the aisle from us.
101_0015.jpg

101_0016.jpg

The girls had fun with the camera in the air.
101_0018.jpg

101_0019.jpg

101_0020.jpg

It was an uneventful flight and we landed 20 minutes early! The girls enjoyed the scenery at MCO.
101_0022.jpg

101_0021.jpg

And soon we were on the Magical Express. We were some of the first ones on so we had to wait a while. Then we stopped at Caribbean Beach before ending up here.
101_0024.jpg

There was no line to check in, and we were given room 9433. I had asked for a room in the 50’s but there were none available so we were told we could switch in the morning if we wanted. By this time, it was after 10 Florida time so we just wanted to get to our rooms.

After we walked through Pop on the way to our room, we were exhausted. We were a little worried about our bags since it was so late, but a call to the front desk ensured that they would bring them to us as soon as possible. We instructed them to go ahead and wake us up when they arrived. We needed them for the next morning! We all climbed into bed and waited for sleep to hit us. It didn’t take the girls long but Stacy and I couldn’t sleep because we were so excited for the morning!!!

Up next: Would our bags arrive before morning? Which park would we hit first???

That .... is impressive !! You GO girl !! Can't wait to read about it !!

Thanks! :goodvibes It was definitely an experience and I am glad I did it! I would totally do it again, too, but only at Disney. As with everything else, they definitely know how to put on a race! :thumbsup2

Great update, Kayce. You can just see the excitement in the girls faces on the plane. :goodvibes

joining in! I've always wanted to run one of the marathons in disney! Its been a goal of mine so I cannot wait to read about your experience! Can't wait to read more! :)

Great update, Kayce. You can just see the excitement in the girls faces on the plane. :goodvibes

They were very excited! So were we! ;)

joining in! I've always wanted to run one of the marathons in disney! Its been a goal of mine so I cannot wait to read about your experience! Can't wait to read more! :)

You should do it! It was a great experience. I will get there before too long. Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Joining in. Bella is such a cool name and your DD is a cutie

Kayce-cute pics!!

Am I the "most" you were referring to in your first post??? :laughing:

It was so much fun to meet you! You KNOW how proud we were when you finished that 1/2!!:wizard:

Joining in! :yay: Great start, looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

I am joining in :thumbsup2

Yay! Thanks for joining!!! :goodvibes

Joining in. Bella is such a cool name and your DD is a cutie

Thank you! I think so of course! ;)

Kayce-cute pics!!

Am I the "most" you were referring to in your first post??? :laughing:

It was so much fun to meet you! You KNOW how proud we were when you finished that 1/2!!:wizard:

Yep, Jill, one post in and you already made the TR! :rotfl: Of course you will be making some more appearances as the days go on...I forgot to take a picture of us in our matching shirts at MNSSHP though. :headache: I was having too much fun jamming to the parade (and sprinting to the bathroom with Bella).

Joining in! :yay: Great start, looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter