If the Presidential Candidates were Campers...

Here's what I think:

"He's passe. Nobody cares about Mickey anymore. There are whole batches of Mickeys we just can't give away. I think we should phase him out."
- Roy Disney, Walt Disney's brother, 1937

Then again, most Presidents don't make decisions anyways, their advisors do. The question isn't how much experience Obama has, it's how much his advisors would have ;)

That's why I liked Richard Nixon! He surrounded himself with brilliant people,,,, well except those who planted the bugs - they weren't too smart. He did nothing more than any other president (questionable methods of spying on others) only he got caught.

Anyone ever been to the capitol? The acoustics are such that when standing in a particular spot under the dome, you can hear someone whispering on the other side of the room. That's how many politicians got their inside information before electronics!

I was mortified that Nixon did not receive the respect due a president for his funeral. I know his service and the location of his service were his wishes, but the news media really down-played it, and that's what I found disrespectful.

Obama is nothing but a commercial...a celebrity. He has absolutely no substance whatsoever. He stands for absolutely nothing. Oops, I forgot, he stands for hope and change. The man cannot even speak, umm, er, ah, umm, ummm, umm, er, ah, ummm, umm, unless it is written in front of him or on the teleprompter. The ONLY thing he stands for and is known for is being the MOST LIBERAL SENATOR IN THE COUNTRY, period. He is not qualified and scares the crap out of me that people will vote for this guy. And we think the war is expensive? I seriously think people are finally seeing him for what he is...shallow and hollow.

Oh, to get back on post. The only camper Obama may set foot in is a Prevost...and even then I doubt it as he thinks he is beyond even that.

Mccain camped out for 5 1/2 years already and I think he is done camping.

Nader is not worth commenting on and has probably never even set foot outdoors anyway.

doesn't matter who we elect pres. Until we clean out both houses of Congress, it will never get better or change.

We need to look closely at the running mates of both men. The running mates might just be running the country soon.

The pres can't do much except start wars.

doesn't matter who we elect pres. Until we clean out both houses of Congress, it will never get better or change.

You're absolutely correct. Can you say TERM LIMITS?

On another board I frequent a poster took Obama's mug (for his avatar) and the caption was changed from HOPE to NOPE. I just have to laugh every time I see that.

Honest to God, I just wanted to know what kind of campers you guys thought they would have if they camped.

Being that McCain's wife owns the Bud dealership in PHX, I think he'd have a pretty nice beer flowing system.

My main concern with McCain is if he'll even last the 4 years. Considering he just had ANOTHER biopsy just 2 days ago, it's a rather big concern. In the end, with McCain, I think it will depend on who he picks for VP. Cause there is a good chance that guy could become President. I also have fear of another war mongerer in the White House. No thanks.

My main concern with Obama is that I believe he is smart and sincerely wants to do good, but that his lack of experience causes him to slip up at times and say stupid stuff. I don't believe half the crap the news says about him, that is just fear mongering. I also don't like that other than the Iraq War Issue, he hasn't seemed to take a huge stand on anything. Presidents should have convictions, they should not pander (although they all do). I do believe Obama would bring change because he hasn't been in Washington long enough to become entrapped, but I don't think all of a sudden we're all going to be living in mansions either.

Then again, McCain hasn't really taken a stand on much either. Actually, McCain has basically fallen off the face of the earth. I used to think that was a good idea, just let them attack Obama, but now I'm starting to think that it's hurting him.

I've always been a McCain fan, but I think the McCain I was a fan of years ago is not the same McCain he is now. I think he's become too Washington, he's no longer a "maverick", he just kind of goes with whatever people tell him. I also don't believe he is nearly as smart as Obama.

I'd like to think I'd be inside the beer drinkers circle of trust.... although I'm a Miller Lite guy.

The last two presidents were both Washington outsiders and look how well that turned out! :eek:

I like McCain as a senator, but not as a president. And if he has health problems, he could linger for a loooooooong time with our country in crisis before he buys the farm.

Obama doesn't have much experience, but he sure seems to be getting an education during this election process. Did anybody else see "Obama Mia" on Jay Leno the other night? Hysterical!!!!!

I'm personally very worried about the Supreme Court becoming more conservative. I really like balance, and it's starting to swing too far to the right, so that'll be a big factor in my vote.

As far as the candidates and camping? I want them to stay home!!!!! If they came to FW, they'd probably end up taking over the whole campground for security purposes, and then the candidates would probably move out of their "donated" Prevosts becaues they're too primitive, and go stay in a suite in the Grand Floridian and eat at Victoria & Alberts. They'd probably stop by the campground for a photo op.

But what I'd love to see is either of the potential First Ladies handle a week in a popup with four kids of widely varying ages, hot/cold/rainy weather, and have to cook every meal and dump gray water! Now *that* would be funny!!! And how their dh's handle it might help me decide how to vote in November. :confused3

Sue in Texas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter