If clothes shrink or fall apart quickly

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
like the first 1-3 washes and you know you followed all of the directions, do you take them back? I don't but often think I should. I tend to treat clothes better then the label asks. If it is dark it gets washed in cold no matter what. Dressier things or certain clothing I hang up to dry even though it says they can be dried. So when i can't wear something because it shrinks I feel pretty bothered.

no, i dont take anything back, and i sure dont hand wash nothing either :rotfl:

I don't but I have stopped buying brands that don't hold up well following their washing instructions, ie Land's End. Every time I give them another chance it happens again...fading, pilling, etc after 1 or 2 washes. Cheap Target t-shirts hold up better.

I do. (Or would). I return lots of things if they don't hold up to my expectations. Of course my expectations vary based on where I bought the item and what I paid for it.

I have never had a problem with clothes falling apart or shrinking. I buy higher end clothes. I have never bought Walmart or Target type clothes. Not even for the kids. I think you get what you pay for.

But if I did have to buy those types of clothes I would still expect for them to be wearable or I would take them back.

I have never had a problem with clothes falling apart or shrinking. I buy higher end clothes. I have never bought Walmart or Target type clothes. Not even for the kids. I think you get what you pay for.

But if I did have to buy those types of clothes I would still expect for them to be wearable or I would take them back.

I buy most of my clothes at Target, Walmart and Old Navy. I wash everything in hot water and high in the dryer. I don't ever have problems with clothes falling apart or shrinking. Of course I don't expect them to last years and years, either...

I have trouble with t-shirts from Walmart. They seem to shrink up making every shirt a belly shirt. I just stopped buy clothes there. Sears and JCP are better quality and still budget friendly

I have taken back clothing when it did not hold up to the recommended care on its tag during the first wash. I don't think expecting a garment to hold up to its care instructions for a few washes is asking too much and I would not hesitate to take it back. The clothes I've had have just tended to show their durability during the first wash.

Funny you should bring this up. I just threw away a few shirts I got from JC Penneys that did not hold up well at all. I bought them from Penney's when they were in their "everyday low price" phase. It seemed like when I bought them that they were not the same quality as before, and I was right. I think the brand was St. Johns Bay. I didn't think about taking them back, I've owned them for about six months now.

like the first 1-3 washes and you know you followed all of the directions, do you take them back? I don't but often think I should. I tend to treat clothes better then the label asks. If it is dark it gets washed in cold no matter what. Dressier things or certain clothing I hang up to dry even though it says they can be dried. So when i can't wear something because it shrinks I feel pretty bothered.

Hey Tig,
Yes I take stuff back but then I also stop shopping at the store. It's the main reason I don't shop Kohls

a couple of summers ago, I brought 3 short sleeve lack polos for my dh and sons for a trip to the world. My bf went crazy on me because I got the shirts at lands end and paid about 18 dollars a piece. said I could have gone to Kohls gotten 2 shirts for the price of one lands end.

Soooo, off I go to kohls, buy 3 black polos. washed them 1 time in cold water. shirts shrunk and the color looked horrible (ashy dull) :sad2: took them back, figured I must have gotten a bad batch. exchanged them for 3 new shirts. washed 1 time, same exact thing. shrank horribly, pilled the first time. Girl at the return desk had the nerve to tell me the problem was because I was drying them. I said no, the problem is this stuff in this store is crappy. No way am I buying summer shirts that I have to hang to dry.
this time I exchanged them for a different color. thinking maybe it's the lot. nope.

After 3 attempts I simply got a refund. Yes I totally expect stuff to last at least one season.

I wouldn't because I just can't return things. I just can't do it. I would buy something with a big hole in it and still not be able to return it.

I have stopped buying shirts from Kohl's because it seems that they all get these little, tiny holes in the front at my waistline. I didn't take them back, but always think I should have. I would love to know why they did that, I really loved a couple of them.

I tried to once. A shirt from Penneys came apart the first time I washed it. Took it back and the very rude manager said "How do I know that's what really happened?" She's holding my receipt for over $300 worth of stuff and she thinks I'm having buyer's remorse for a $10 shirt?

Wal-Mart or Old Navy? No. I know their stuff has a short life-expectancy. Somewhere like Nordstrom? Definitely.

I wouldn't- but then again I never save a receipt so even if I wanted to I couldn't lol. But if I bought clothes at Walmart, Kmart, target or old navy I wouldn't expect much of them other than a couple washes before they fell apart anyway,

I have stopped buying shirts from Kohl's because it seems that they all get these little, tiny holes in the front at my waistline. I didn't take them back, but always think I should have. I would love to know why they did that, I really loved a couple of them.

Those are from your belt. I had the same problem until I bought a new belt with a less pokey prong.

I have had clothes from expensive stores as well as cheap stores do this just like I've had them both last forever. But I can't get the idea that if I bought something from Target I shouldn't expect it to hold up a season. No I don't expect less expensive things to last as long as more expensive things. But unless it's from the dollar store or some cheesy holiday item I don't think three washes is expecting too much. If I don't take something back it's because I'm busy and forget and then decide it's too late or I'm not in that area often and don't think the price is worth a return trip. But if I bought something at Target or Old Navy and it shrunk tons or fell apart on the first wash I would be justified in bringing it back. Fading a bit in a cheap t-shirt or jeans I'd expect. Even shrinking a little bit, if it's cheaper I buy it a bit bigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter