Idaho college murders

As the show " The First 48" indicates in it's title, if they don't have someone in custody within 48 hours, the chances go way down that they'll catch the killer.

As the show " The First 48" indicates in it's title, if they don't have someone in custody within 48 hours, the chances go way down that they'll catch the killer.
Especially if it was a college student because they could easily leave on break.

similar rumors were made when a person down the road from us was murdered a few years back in his bed (child asleep and unharmed in another room). people claimed some (then) recent local animal killings and mutilations 'had to be related' due to the nature of the murder. nothing was further from the truth. entirely unassociated sickos out for thrills killed the animals-the murderer had a personal connection to the victim and it had nothing to do with the animals.

these types of baseless rumors and gossip muddy the waters, hamper investigations and hurt the

The local police sure seem over their heads on this one. I'm not following it closely but I can't say I'd be happy if the Moscow, ID police department was trying to solve the murder of anyone I cared about.
From all accounts, both the state police and FBI are involved. They’re not saying much, though.

The local police sure seem over their heads on this one. I'm not following it closely but I can't say I'd be happy if the Moscow, ID police department was trying to solve the murder of anyone I cared about.
That's the thing about small college towns - they are considered "safe" and and not equipped to handle cases like this. It takes an astounding amount of effort to convict if they do catch the guy. This from the small, "very safe" college town I went to. https://www.yourownbackyardpodcast.com/
Spoiler alert, this guy was finally convicted, but it took 26 years! The case was only solved because of the effort of the guy who produced this podcast. The police did not have a handle on the case at all before he got involved. This should be required listening for anyone sending their kids off to college. LSS - she would not have been killed if just one of several people had not let their guards down - we all need to look out for one another, especially at our most vulnerable. Guessing it will be a similar story in ID if they ever do catch the guy.

From all accounts, both the state police and FBI are involved. They’re not saying much, though.

from our local news (which is their local as well)-

Gov. Brad Little directed up to $1 million in state emergency funds for the ongoing investigation
  • During the investigation:
    • 113 pieces of physical evidence collected and taken to the ISP crime lab
    • Approximately 4,000 crime scene photographs taken
    • Developed multiple three-dimensional scans of the residence
    • ISP Forensic Science scientists and technicians worked hundreds of hours
    • Over 488 digital media submissions by community members to the FBI
Forensic evidence was collected from the crime scene and is currently being processed. The test results will be used by detectives to assist in the investigation. As this is a criminal matter, much of the evidence will not be released to the public.

ASSIGNED RESOURCES​

Moscow Police Department​

• 4 Detectives
  • 24 patrol officers
  • 5 support staff

Federal Bureau of Investigation​

• 22 investigators in Moscow
  • 20 assigned agents located out of the Treasure Valley, ID, Salt Lake City, UT, and West Virginia
  • 2 Behavior Analysis Unit agents

Idaho State Police​

• 20 investigators
  • Public Information Officer
  • ISP Forensics Services and mobile crime scene team
  • 15 uniformed troopers to assist with community patrols

law enforcement in idaho is traditionally tight lipped, it's not just this case. keep in mind that it's been 3 years since tammy daybell was exhumed and a new autopsy was done with no details released to the public beyond that it substantiated her husband chad's 1st degree murder charges seeking the death penalty.

They are. That's why they are using the FBI and forces from other states are involved. There are hundreds of people involved. It's very in depth now. Some believe it's a male college age. Making it easy to go unnoticed. But....how with all the blood.

The stupidest thing I read was blaming the dog. What? Because the dog didn't bark. Derp.

You give the Moscow police department too much credit. They are having to do actual police work. They most likely don't know how to handle this. Locals make fun of them.
This exactly explains their competence. Believe me people Moscow police are in way over thier heads They are use to harrasing people.
We lived in Pullman for 10 years. None of the police in the region are prepared for this. They are accustomed to responding rowdy parties or traffic violations. I knew where the speed traps were in Pullman and Moscow, and laughed at the police blotter on Monday following the weekend's shenanigans.

That's the thing about small college towns - they are considered "safe" and and not equipped to handle cases like this. It takes an astounding amount of effort to convict if they do catch the guy.
This! We lived in the next college town over from Moscow, ten miles away. It was small, safe, and with low crime. I can't recall any major crime violations happening in the region the ten years our family lived there. But the sense of safety is false, but still makes you feel good.

It was a shock to our system when DHs job took us from quiet, safe Pullman/Moscow to Memphis TN, a high crime city. Where the crime is seeping into the "safe" burbs.

They are. That's why they are using the FBI and forces from other states are involved. There are hundreds of people involved. It's very in depth now. Some believe it's a male college age. Making it easy to go unnoticed. But....how with all the blood.

The stupidest thing I read was blaming the dog. What? Because the dog didn't bark. Derp.

Dogs can be a very telling clue. Often if a dog doesn’t bark during a crime, it’s because they know the perpetrator. It’s not “blaming” the dog, it’s another piece of the puzzle to consider.
I saw for the first time that they said the dog was locked in a bathroom. :scratchin

Kaylee’s Dad also spoke out at a gathering saying that the “means of death don’t match” for Kaylee and her friend who was found upstairs with her. I’m not sure what that means. According to reports, they were all stabbed to death.

The intended victim who the perpetrator was angry with was stabbed many more times then the other girl, but the father didn't say who that was. That helps investigators find a suspect if that girl had a jealous stalker or vengeful ex.

The intended victim who the perpetrator was angry with was stabbed many more times then the other girl, but the father didn't say who that was. That helps investigators find a suspect if that girl had a jealous stalker or vengeful ex.
I agree that has to mean something. I wasn’t sure what “means of death don‘t match” meant - like was one not stabbed, but died another way? You may be right though, but it’s all very cryptic.

They said all were stabbed but one was stabbed more brutally or more often was what I heard on the news yesterday

They said all were stabbed but one was stabbed more brutally or more often was what I heard on the news yesterday
Oh, ok, I hadn’t heard that. I hope they get some answers soon. Friends and family keep saying they eliminated some suspects too quickly. I would think that any suspects would‘ve had some cuts on them or bruises, etc., since there seemed to be a struggle with at least two of the victims.

Suspect is in custody.

May JUSTICE come swiftly.

First he gets a trial. I think people are forgetting that they have to prove he did it beyond a reasonable doubt. I hope they can find a jury pool that hasn't already made up their minds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter