Iceland Trip Report...FABULOUS trip!

Love this thread and all the pics! I am a "Disney" person and likely a future ABD client but couldn't justify the cost of this Iceland trip. We did it on our own and are currently in Hofn. The pics of glacier lagoon have me very excited about tomorrow!
We loved this ABD trip-- for us, it was worth every penny! But Iceland is a beautiful place and won't disappoint no matter how you travel there and around!

More photos!....

Thingvellir National Park where the first parliament was born in the 900s. This is located near Lake Thingvallavatn, the largest lake in Iceland.

Gullfoss Waterfall, the two-tiered waterfall

Kerid Crater, formed nearly 6500 years ago...

At the foot of Seljalandfoss, a creek runs where water runs clean and fresh you can literally drink straight from it! That's Stefan our local guide, and we refilled our water bottles from that creek!

Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon, such an impressive sight!

Our plane to Akureyri

This humpback whale swam right next to our boat!

A full skeleton of an 80 foot blue whale at the Whale Museum in Husavik! The baleen looks like hair!

A side trip to boiling mud pots....

An eider duck, its down feathers cost $$ per kilo and a duvet made with these feathers cost as much as $10K!

Greetings! I will be leaving for this trip in less than 48 hours, so excited! I was wondering if you could tell me more about the flight from Reykjavik to Akureyri. The plane looks really small...I flew on a plane like that when I went on the Scotland ABD trip and because of certain events on that flight I am now suffering from anxiety around flying/turbulence. How would you say the flying experience was for you, knowing that I will probably end up having a panic attack during it?
Thanks for your insight!

Greetings! I will be leaving for this trip in less than 48 hours, so excited! I was wondering if you could tell me more about the flight from Reykjavik to Akureyri. The plane looks really small...I flew on a plane like that when I went on the Scotland ABD trip and because of certain events on that flight I am now suffering from anxiety around flying/turbulence. How would you say the flying experience was for you, knowing that I will probably end up having a panic attack during it?
Thanks for your insight!
The flight was fine. The plane is not that small, it holds maybe 70 people? And the flight itself was maybe 35 - 40 minutes. Very smooth.

Thanks for your insight!
I would mention your anxiety attacks to the Guides. I'm sure if there's anything they can do to help, they will. Plus, it's probably better for them to know this ahead of time rather than being surprised!

Sorry for whatever happened on your Scotland flight. The Isle of Lewis was so cool.

Sayhello

Thanks for your insight!

The seating arrangement is 2 on left, 2 on right to give you an idea of plane size. The flight was smooth and very quick... basically a climb up, drink, and then it's time to descend.

I second the suggestion to let the guides know your concerns so they can be aware and help however needed!

I would mention your anxiety attacks to the Guides. I'm sure if there's anything they can do to help, they will. Plus, it's probably better for them to know this ahead of time rather than being surprised!

Sorry for whatever happened on your Scotland flight. The Isle of Lewis was so cool.

Sayhello

the Isle of Lewis was really fun, it's a shame they've removed it from the itinerary now :(
I've talked to the guides in the past, for the Australia trip and the Spain trip as those had internal flights, but they said there was nothing they could do to help me out at those times...it is pretty difficult to re-arrange seats on a commercial flight these days...but thanks for the support!

The seating arrangement is 2 on left, 2 on right to give you an idea of plane size. The flight was smooth and very quick... basically a climb up, drink, and then it's time to descend.

I second the suggestion to let the guides know your concerns so they can be aware and help however needed!

Thank you for your support! It's always nice to know these things in advance so I can prepare myself. As stated above, sometimes it has been difficult for the guides to accommodate my needs but from what you have said hopefully it won't be necessary. I'm trying to stay focused on all the amazing things you have been detailing on this thread and can't wait to finally get there and try them all for myself!

Thank you for your support! It's always nice to know these things in advance so I can prepare myself. As stated above, sometimes it has been difficult for the guides to accommodate my needs but from what you have said hopefully it won't be necessary. I'm trying to stay focused on all the amazing things you have been detailing on this thread and can't wait to finally get there and try them all for myself!
It was a smooth and short flight-- enough time to concentrate on a suduko puzzle to keep your mind occupied!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter