I want my magic band+

I just spoke with a CM from Shop Disney Parks regarding my MB+ order still pending. I still have a little over a month to wait but was still wondering about the status. She did say that if the bands are shipped but clearly will not arrive by the time of your trip, there is a chance they could replace them and have them sent to the resort. There are a few criteria that have to be met:

1. Shipped status but will not reach you in time.
2. They need at least two days to get you a replacement.
3. This replacement is only available if they have the same MB+ available in stock.

I don't know if there is any flexibility to replacing with a different band if your original one is not available. The CM didn't answer that question when I asked her.

Well that’s crappy. Mine hasn’t shipped and I arrive Friday. So if it doesn’t ship at least by maybe Wednesday at the latest I can’t get replacements. They have no incentive to hurry to ship them then. And there is almost no help for people arriving sooner. Yikes.

Reactions: rlk
I called today. I ordered the morning they were released. My order says in progress. We arrive Saturday. They could not tell my how far along in process it was. Told me once it says shipped they can help me. At that time she said I can request a refund. No idea how that will work being that they are shipped and will arrive just don't know when. If they don't arrive in time I don't want them. Not sure why they just can't cancel them now.

Reactions: rlk
Some posters said there were issues with Partners band, and a few others. Could be:
Internet fact vs real fact
Early firmware has issues pairing with some devices.
Early bands are so old, and stored so poorly the batteries can't be charged.
darn, wish I would not have chosen the "partners" one. It just screamed classic Disney, but there were like 5 others I really loved too. My trip is not until next month, so I am fine waiting.

darn, wish I would not have chosen the "partners" one. It just screamed classic Disney, but there were like 5 others I really loved too. My trip is not until next month, so I am fine waiting.
DH ordered the Partners one, and we received notice it shipped on Sunday the 7th.

That’s great to hear! This was through MDE (not directly through Shop Disney)?
Yes, through MDE for our resort reservation early next year. So we have lots of time for it to arrive, and I'm hoping the folks who ordered via MDE for resort stays coming up SOON get theirs first, either at home or at hotel!

Just got a call from the club level folks at Boardwalk Inn in advance of my stay. The very kind cast member indicated it my bands do not come in advance of my stay that I should just let them know and they’ll give me a voucher. Not sure if all resorts are doing that but I thought I would share.

Just got a call from the club level folks at Boardwalk Inn in advance of my stay. The very kind cast member indicated it my bands do not come in advance of my stay that I should just let them know and they’ll give me a voucher. Not sure if all resorts are doing that but I thought I would share.
Thank you for the info! I ordered the day they were available and hoped they’d be here before we left next Wednesday. We’re not CL but staying at the Boardwalk. A voucher would work for me. We had a problem one year where our bands were never shipped and we got a voucher to pick ones up at the gift shop.

I was chatting in the app with a cast member this morning. I ask her about my order and this was her response. We arrive September 9.

Looks like the high demand of the popular new MagicBand® the order is still in fulfillment, Once completed and shipped it will send an email with the tracking information. If you like I can provide you with the number to merchandise Guest service, and they can see if it will have time to re-route to the resort or if will need to process a refund. Would you like the number now or contact us once it's shipped?

Mine have apparently now shipped! I will attempt to have rerouted to the resort this morning and let you know what happens.

And that would be wrong. I just got a tracking number. Shipping to me house.
I just spoke to someone this morning as my order still shows as in progress and my trip starts tomorrow. The CM I spoke to had no knowledge of orders being rerouted to the resorts. He told me when I get my tracking #, I should call and ask for a refund. I asked if I can get the pre-arrival price to purchase onsite and he said that will be up to the resort. I don't understand how they are prioritizing these as I've seen people with stays later than mine that have received their orders as well as people who ordered later in the day than me (I ordered early in the morning on the 27th). The CM also told me that "in progress" means they are still being engraved. The only thing I can think of is maybe they are working on them in batches by band design and the designs that I chose didn't happen to come up yet. I do wish we had the option to opt out of engraving because we would just make sure to order 4 different designs so the names are really not critical to us.

I was told order is shipping to my resort. The tracking information I was given is based on the shipping address on the order. The CM checked with others and assured me shipping is to resort

The claim is all orders being shipped within 14 days of your stay are being shipped to the resort.

I was told order is shipping to my resort. The tracking information I was given is based on the shipping address on the order. The CM checked with others and assured me shipping is to resort

The claim is all orders being shipped within 14 days of your stay are being shipped to the resort.
I specifically mentioned to the CM I spoke with that I had seen reports of people being told this and he had no knowledge of this being the case, so it looks like the typical situation of different CM's giving out conflicting info. I will definitely still check with the resort when I arrive tomorrow and keep my fingers cross that they are there!

Over the phone they were super not helpful at all. I got no answers and they literally said they weren't sure if I would get it before my Aug 18 vacation. I did email merchandise and they said it will be shipped to my resort. So I guess ill just wait and see...

Who is everyone emailing for answers? I never got a confirmation email when I ordered, so no email to reply to...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter