I traded my stroller for a wheelchair...A mom & daughter trip to WDW

Great update. Sounds like it was the perfect first night of your trip!

Uh oh. Your poor mom and foot pain. :sad2:

I had never even considered the Wave, but I love the entrance. I am glad you got to ride IASW first. That is a great family tradition! I am glad you are back! Congrats on the new job! :yay:

I'm so excited to hear another good review of the Wave! I can't wait to try it in December - my trip is actually starting to get close enough that it seems real now!!

I'm glad you got to pop into the MK at least for a little while - it sounds like you had a great evening, except for your mom's poor feet!

Nice update. The Wave looks and sounds really good. It'd on our list for possible restaurants to try in the future, so I appreciate the review.

How sweet about Small World. What a perfect way to start the visit to Magic Kingdom.

Loved The Wave, put in on your list, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed at all, it's delish!!popcorn::

I have been thinking all morning about that magical Disney feeling. This time last week, I was at Epcot. Right now, I'm back at my desk. Boo.

I'm so, so glad you were able to take this trip! I want to take Jill within the next year, at least for a long weekend, without the girls. It would be good for her to be just Jill again for a few days.

You are a blessed girl to have had this good time with your 'first' family and then have those great boys waiting back at home for you when it was over!

I know MeMom, there is NOTHING better than all of those magical moments you feel when you're there. I do what you do, too, a week ago, a month ago....sniff, sniff!!:guilty:

I hope that you and Jill get to do a Mom/Daughter trip, it was SO GOOD for me, so I know that it would be SO good for her, too. Not to mention to just have that one on one time with you....it was a trip I will never forget....that precious time that we're so lucky to have, you know? Keep pushing, I hope she gives in!!

I am very blessed....I'm a lucky girl in SO many ways, I've been blessed with a loving family, wonderful friends, opportunities, life is good!!:cloud9:

Great update. Sounds like it was the perfect first night of your trip!

Uh oh. Your poor mom and foot pain. :sad2:

I know, poor Mom, thanks to you, I was prepared!!!:thumbsup2 So Mom thanks you, LL!!

I had never even considered the Wave, but I love the entrance. I am glad you got to ride IASW first. That is a great family tradition! I am glad you are back! Congrats on the new job! :yay:

Hi! Loved the Wave, definately put it on your list of places to try someday. I know you won't be disappointed. I'm sure someday my boys won't think IASW is a great tradition....but it will always be ours, and someday they will appreciate it, right? ;)

Thank you for well wishes!!!:goodvibes

Looks like a good first day. The Wave looks fun.

It was...it was a looong day but so much fun!!!

I'm so excited to hear another good review of the Wave! I can't wait to try it in December - my trip is actually starting to get close enough that it seems real now!!

I'm glad you got to pop into the MK at least for a little while - it sounds like you had a great evening, except for your mom's poor feet!

You will LOVE The Wave, glad you're going, you won't be sorry. Your trip is getting so close!!!! What are your dates, again? It's amazing how time flies...we went early December last year, and here it's almost been a year since that trip! You're going to love it!!:santa:

First, congratulations on starting your career!!! That is very exciting! Plus, it sounds great that your office is going to be flexible with your hours.

Thank you SO much, Brook! I'm excited, nervous, having Mommy guilt, but just really looking forward to the change, too.

Do you have to join the local, state and National Boards? And buy the electronic key? I always felt so bad for people just starting out because it's a LOT of money to start with all the dues, the keys, the lockboxes - plus fees your office may charge to start up. Ugh.

The overhead doesn't seem too bad, compared to many offices, I picked up my packet today from the office and it's not too bad, it's done quarterly so it will be less painful. We can use the offices signs (Just need our name plates), they pay for my 1st HUGE box of cards, no desk fees, it's pretty good.

I do recall our local Board dues being a bit more expensive though because we included all Continuing Education classes in the cost - we were the only Board in the State to do that! :thumbsup2

I kinda miss my job there. While I never did the actual real estate part of it, just being around all that and learning in all the Continuing Ed classes I had to oversee, was so much fun-SUCH an interesting field!!!

I'm excited about it, so much to learn, it's fun!!

And how nice that you have a bit of a head-start and overseer with your Mom being a pro in the business!! :goodvibes
I know, so lucky!!:yay:

Oh-and I have to throw in a real estate lingo here....I hope you can hog your first listing!!
(I know some offices even have a squeaky pig they squeeze when they are able to hog!!! Kinda funny, but that extra commission is always a good thing!!)

LOL! Thanks Brook!! I appreciate that!! Let's hope it comes quick...but I'll be patient, since good things come to those who wait!!!

Back to Disney World....:laughing:
We loved our meal at The Wave too! It was just excellent. We loved the calm atmosphere in there, relaxing, good food, good service!

It was so great, wasn't it? I'd defintately go back, it was one of my favs that week!!:thumbsup2

Sounds like an awesome way to wrap up day one at MK. A very fun, but exhausting night! I hope your Mom's feet get better, but I'm thinking not by the title of your TR!!!! :eek:
stay tuned!!;)

Hope you're well!!

:surfweb:popcorn:: enjoyin reading all about your fab trip.

my 40th is in 2011 and i would like to do disneyworld with just me an my husband after 4 trips with family but my 7 year old is not a happy bunny lol
but im determined to do it even with all the guilt :rolleyes1

I don't know how I've missed your trip report, but I'm so happy that I found it. :) It sounds like your trip is off to a great start.

I love the pics of you and your family. You all look so much alike! I've never looked like anyone in my family, so I've pretty much had the opposite problem. No one thinks I actually belonged with my parents. :lmao:

You will LOVE The Wave, glad you're going, you won't be sorry. Your trip is getting so close!!!! What are your dates, again? It's amazing how time flies...we went early December last year, and here it's almost been a year since that trip! You're going to love it!!:santa:

Our dates are December 19th-27th, I'm so excited to actually be there over Christmas - I can't wait!!

:surfweb:popcorn:: enjoyin reading all about your fab trip.

my 40th is in 2011 and i would like to do disneyworld with just me an my husband after 4 trips with family but my 7 year old is not a happy bunny lol
but im determined to do it even with all the guilt :rolleyes1

Hi!! Thanks for joining me!!:goodvibes You should so try and do an adult trip....it was SO much fun!! My Dh and I went for our honeymoon and then I had this trip and it was so much fun, so different but you can still be a kid, too, you know? I hope you get to go!!!! :thumbsup2

I don't know how I've missed your trip report, but I'm so happy that I found it. :) It sounds like your trip is off to a great start.

I love the pics of you and your family. You all look so much alike! I've never looked like anyone in my family, so I've pretty much had the opposite problem. No one thinks I actually belonged with my parents. :lmao:

Yay! Glad you found me!!!!!:woohoo: I hope you're well!! You're so funny about no one thingks you belonged to your parents...I'm sure that's not entirely true!! My boys are like that....they are all so different...there is no denying that they are ours, but the combo of us in them is so different from each other. You never know what you're going to get!!:laughing:

Our dates are December 19th-27th, I'm so excited to actually be there over Christmas - I can't wait!!

Oh wow! I didn't realize it was over Christmas....how wonderful! Youre going to have such a magical time!!!!!:wizard: I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

No desk fees! Wow! VERY nice. :thumbsup2

I know, yay!!!:woohoo: Went today to drop off my paperwork and order my business cards! It's official! I'm not a RE agent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Hi!!! Welcome aboard!!!:hug:
WOW...small world is right!!!! Are your friends boys about my kids ages? I live in West Plymouth, so it's quite possible, I'm involved in a lot here. You will need to PM me her name and everything!! How funny is that?! And wow your Mom is from Manomet!!! It's a great town...love it here!! We're so lucky to live in such a wonderful area!!!:cloud9:

Thanks for coming for the ride!! :goodvibes

She lives near Long Pond, I'm not sure if that is West Plymouth or not. Her boys are 9, 7 and 4, so maybe you have seen them around! I will PM you her name.

The Wave looks great! There are so many restaurants in WDW that I would like to try, I swear you could go for a month and never try them all! I hope your mom's feet get better, though from the sounds of your title they don't!

Congrats on the job offer, Kristen!! How exciting! And The Wave looks very nice! Glad the first day was so wonderful!!

An all girls trip sounds great! I cannot not wait for more!

Your dinner at The Wave sounded great! Plus you got a lot done in MK that evening! :thumbsup2

Denise

Hi Denise!
Our dinner at The Wave was sooo good! I would highly recommend it, if you haven't been! We did cover some serious ground in a little bit of time at MK, it was nice just to be there, you know?:wizard:

She lives near Long Pond, I'm not sure if that is West Plymouth or not. Her boys are 9, 7 and 4, so maybe you have seen them around! I will PM you her name.

The Wave looks great! There are so many restaurants in WDW that I would like to try, I swear you could go for a month and never try them all! I hope your mom's feet get better, though from the sounds of your title they don't!

There is a good chance that I could know your friend! Long pond is the next exit down...small world, huh?

You're so right about all the places to eat at WDW....you could try a new place at least every day for a month and still not run out of options!! Although I'm guilty of sticking to a few favs..but this trip we did a good job trying some new ones!

Congrats on the job offer, Kristen!! How exciting! And The Wave looks very nice! Glad the first day was so wonderful!!

Thanks Becky! I'm super excited....just ordered my business cards! Eeek!! It's really happening!!!:banana:

An all girls trip sounds great! I cannot not wait for more!

Hi! An all girls trip was SO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks for joining in!!! Hoping to start day 2 now....stay tuned!!:surfweb:

Our alarm goes off at 6 a.m., I jump up and grab a quick shower while Mom & Jodi slowly wake up. I was so excited, we were off to Epcot, it was our 1st full day in one of the parks!!:yay:

We have a quick breakfast in the room, while Mom was getting ready, Jodi and I took a quick spin up to Everything Pop and grabbed some coffee to go along with the bagels and peanut butter Jodi brought for us to have.

We head to the bus stop and it arrives right away, we didn't wait for more than 5 minutes. We got to the park by 9:15 and I was on a mission! I was heading to Soarin' to grab FP and Mom and Jodi were grabbing a wheelchair for Mom. We would each other on the way back and meet up. We had talked Mom into renting a wheelchair for the day (hence my title....), not only did she have a SERIOUS blister on the bottom of her foot, it was soo bad, her ankle was bothering her already and we didn't want her to get hurt any further by walking on it. Thankfully, she agreed and it made all of our lives SO much easier. So, I take off for Soarin', this would be Mom and Jodi's 1st time experiencing this and I was so excited to share it with them, loong story short, by the time I got there, they were coming up the hill! I got myself turned around and somehow wrong the way!!! oops!:headache: BUT the good news was there was only a 10 minute wait! So we cruised on inside and if we waited 10 minutes, that was long, I think it was more like 5! We got seats in the middle row and had our 1st ride at Epcot, it was so MAGICAL! I remember looking over at Mom and Jodi's faces during it and it made me SO happy!!!:cloud9: They loved it just like I knew they would!!! On the way out, we grabbed some FP's for later, we got 10:15-11:15 so we would sneak in another ride for a bit later.

From Soarin' we headed our way over to Test Track!:thumbsup2 None of us had been on this before and I couldn't wait! Here are some pics on the way through....we literally walked right on through.....
Disney2009049.jpg

Mom and Jodi outside (note, they are wearing the tshirts I bought them as a surprise for the trip!)

Disney2009050.jpg

Disney2009051.jpg

Disney2009042.jpg

Disney2009043.jpg

Disney2009045.jpg

Disney2009046.jpg

Disney2009047.jpg

Jodi and I waiting to ride!!:woohoo:

Disney2009048.jpg

Whoa! What a RIDE!! Loved it....we all had a great time!!! :dance3:

Since we were close, we made our way over to Mission Space to check things out over there. I hadn't been on it since my honeymoon and didn't have very fond memories of it, those motion type of rides don't usually agree with me too much, but Mom & Jodi said to just give it a whirl, so I did. Here are a few pics on the way in...
Disney2009052.jpg

Disney2009053.jpg

Disney2009054.jpg

Disney2009055.jpg

Right before we were going in for our mission, I almost bagged the "calm" ride but the lady going on with the three of us, assured me I'd be fine, I'm glad i too her advice, I was fine! Thankfully!!;) It was fun, not sure I'd rush to do it again the next trip but glad we did....

continued on next post....

LOVE Soarin'!! It was my favorite ride! You are brave to ride Mission Space. We waited on Brent to ride it when we went in May--he did the intense version. I'm afraid I'd feel too claustrophobic.

Wow, great EPCOT morning. I don't think I've ever done the big three rides back to back like that. What a way to start the day!

Based on the title. I knew that the wheelchair was coming. Sorry to hear about her problems, but it looks like she's still having a wonderful time.

Bravo to you for trying Mission Space. I don't think I will ever get on that one. :laughing:

I'm so glad you were able to convince your mom to rent a wheelchair. It's not fun at all being miserable in Disney. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter