"I Stuck My Finger in Your Caramel" and Other DDP Shenanigans w/Pics (Complete 6/19)

Can't wait to read the rest of your report and I hope you have a quick recovery from your surgery. I am a longtime lurker of the DIS, but created a profile today to say hi to a fellow East Tennessee Disney fan. I'm in the Tri-Cities. :)

Can't wait to read the rest of your report and I hope you have a quick recovery from your surgery. I am a longtime lurker of the DIS, but created a profile today to say hi to a fellow East Tennessee Disney fan. I'm in the Tri-Cities. :)

I'm from the Tri-Cities too. It IS a small world :cool1: Welcome to the Dis Boards.

The bandages came off this morning so I thought I'd try to do one review and see how it goes. I actually got halfway thru this and accidentally closed it out by mistake :faint:. DIdn't there used to be a smiley banging his head against the wall? Anyway, I'm trying again. Hopefully this will go better.

Well after our 180 day mark we decided to do the dining plan. Any WDW newbie who asks my advice and asks about the DDP I tell them not to do it, but we decided this times it was for us. We needed a few more ADRs to fill out our schedule. We wanted to do BOG but thought there's no way we can get an ADR. Well we lucked out. It was an 8:30 ADR, a little later than we like to eat but you take what you can get.

Be Our Guest

We check in and are seated right around 8:30. I got to carry the candelabra to the table, mainly because DS didn't want to. The restaurant was very dark, I think this is the one I had to use my iPhone flashlight to read the menu. We were led to the Rose Gallery with the twirling Belle and Beast. We had lunch here in Oct and ate in the main ballroom. I was glad to be seated in a different room. The room was very large. The main thing I noticed, other than Beast and Belle, was only four other tables in this room were occupied. It surprised me because I figured as popular as BOG is there would be a butt in every seat.

So we were led to our table with rose napkins on our plates.

That was a nice touch,and my DS was fascinated with it. He kept fooling with it until he figured it out. Now onto the food....

Bread

It was nice to see some bread. They were French bagette rolls. Not as good as Chefs de France but good. We ate them all and asked for more.

Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops

This also had seasonal veggies served in a puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce. This is what I got. Several items on the menu appealed to me but I went with this. It was good, but not what I was expecting. I guess I was thinking more like a pot pie. This wasn't. THere were two scallops and 5 or maybe six average size shrimp, all the meat was good. THe seasonal veggies were about three spinach leaves and the few carrot pieces you can see in the picture. There was very little sauce in the pastry, most of it was outside. It didn't taste very lobstery to me or creamy. The puff pastry was good though. I didn't dislike this meal, it was actually good, it just wasn't what I was expecting and wasn't very filling either.

Grilled Strip Steak

DH and DS both got this. Sorry for the picture, I didn't realize I didn't get the pommes frites in the picture until it was too late. I tried a bite of the steak and it was good. There is garlic butter on top so it gives it some flavor and adds some juiciness to it. Both liked the green beans better than CdF, they were cooked down a little more. The pommes frites are just seasoned fried. Both wish they had some ketchup to go with them. I tried the fried and thought they were good. They did have a lot of flavor but fries need ketchup.

Ok, I rested up a little and can get on with desserts.....

So our server brought out the dessert cart and we go to choose. I didn't know how this was going to go down. I didn't know if we chose then someone else brought them out or if we got them righ then. You do get them right then. Our server, BOB, put some sauce and put the dessert on the plate right there in front of you.

Triple Chocolate Cupcake

Ok this is how I remember our servers name because he said eveyone thought the B and B was for beast and belle, but it spelled his name.....BoB. OH well, the cupcake was good. It was moist and not too rich. It was hard to get into though, I couldn't just peel the wrap off and eat it, I had to dig in with a fork. Even though I enjoyed the cupcake I was a little disappointed at the dessert options. I would like something better than the cupcakes and cream puffs they offer at lunch.

Chocolate Cream Puff

Sorry for the blurry picture. DS got the cream puff, he said it was fine.....that's about all I could get out of him.

The Grey Stuff

DH got this. I mean, how could you eat here and not try the grey stuff....it's decilcious. Well maybe not delicious. It was the gray cookies and cream flavored cream on a hard brownie type thing. Our server even told him the brownie could be hard, sometimes it was sometimes it wasn't. This time it was fairly hard. DS got it mainly so he could try the gray stuff. He thought it was just OK, as I said it is like cookies and cream flavored cool whip or whipped cream.

Two times while we were eating, the bells rang and our host Beast was presented. He just walked into the room, bowed and left. It was kind of neat. We had the option of meeting Beast at the end of the meal but no one cared to, so we just left. On our way out, the CM at the door told us or someone around us that if we waited on the bridge we would have a great view of Wishes. It was almost 10 so we decided to wait and watch. We did have an interesting view.

We got to watch the fireworks behind Beasts Castle instead of Cinderellas castle. It's not the best location but it was kind of awesome watching the fireworks go off behind the castle and mountain. They are quite a bit louder back there than they are in front of Cinderella's Castle. We had to move our heads a lot because the low stuff went off behind Cinderellas castle so we would see some stuff then have to turn to see other fireworks. If that makes sense. It was fun though, I would watch them again from that spot.

Overall Thoughts and Opinions:Overall the food was pretty good. Though my meal wasn't what I was expecting, it still tasted good. The atmosphere is great, I loved eating in the castle and seeing Beast was pretty cool. It was very dark in there though. Our service here was probably the worst we had during our stay and it was still OK, just not as good as we've had thru the rest of the trip. I wish there was some "nicer" dessert options other than cupcakes and cream puffs. I would eat here again, but get something different.

Ok this has nothing to do with reviews, but after we ate at BOG and watched the fireworks, we headed to Buzz for our FP+. I rode in the car by myself and got double 999,999. Yep two of them, by myself. Here's the proof.

This is pretty much how I felt afterwards...:dance3::yay::banana::cheer2::dancer:

I'm trying to finalize my ADR's for our trip and your reviews are really helpful. Glad you are doing well after your surgery and congrats on your Buzz score. I can never even get close to that.

This whole life thing keeps getting in the way of me finishing these reviews. I spent the last two days with DS and DH getting DS registered for college and doing orientation. I only have a few reviews left so I'm going to try to push thru :thumbsup2

Riverside Mill Food Court

We spend last night at MK and pretty much closed MK. We decided that we were just going to sleep in and rest today. We were all tired so this seemed like a good plan.

Once everyone got up we started thinking about lunch. We debated about where to go. We didn't want to go to a park just to eat. We'd done CSR food court, and POR food court. POP food court took our favorite item off the menu. We didn't love A&A food court when we tried it last year. We did CBR food court our last trip, we liked it but not enough to go back. We eventually decided just to go back to POR food court. DS loves the pasta and there's enough variety for everyone.

Oddly enough though I'm the only one who went for variety. DH got the same burger that was just as good this time as last. DS went with the same pasta, but he did get penne instead of fetticini. I'm the only one who got something different.

Make Your Own Salad

This picture is a little chopped and weird looking. This is a good sized salad. You choose your lettuce type, mixed greens or I think Romain. I went with mixed. You could get either steak or chicken strips, I went with steak. I can't remember all the mixins'. Just normal salad type stuff....broccoli, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peas, garbonzo beans, cucumbers.....and much more that I can't think of. There were several different dressing but I went with Ceaser. It's a good salad with quite a bit of meat. I wish some crackers or even a breadstick or something came with it.

Cookies and Cream Milkshake

I won't bore you with the same old pictures of the same food. DS did mix it up a little and got a Cookies and Cream milkshake from the bakery. He said it was good.

Cinnaman Roll

THis is my dessert. I was expecting this to be about like the cinnamon rolls you get out of vending machines. It was a little better than that, a little fresher. It was a lot like the one DS got a Starring Rolls a few days before.

Overall Thoughts and Opinions:This was our second meal here this trip. Everyone enjoys the food. I also like the setting of the food court. You can watch the mill wheel turn. Also there are lots of windows. It started raining hard, it was pleasant to sit and watch the rain. This is our favorite food court........for now......

You may remember on my first dinner review of La Hacienda I mentioned the Star Wars fireworks and how we changed our ADR to get to DHS to see them. Well we LOVED them. They were AMAZING. Fireworks with a Star Wars theme, how much better can you get than that? We loved them so much, that we wanted to see them again, which is not so amazing. Star Wars weekends and of course the Star Wars fireworks are only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Of course we had ADRs planned kind of late each night. We had Chefs de France on Friday, BOG on Saturday, and Teppan Edo on Sunday. We tried to change our 8:10 CdF to an earlier time with no luck. We were LUCKY to get BOG so we didn't even ATTEMPT to change that one. Our Teppan Edo time was I think 8, early in the week we called an got an earlier ADR around 7 or so. We called again two days before our ADR and got a 6:40 ADR. :cool1: We knew we would make the fireworks....

So onto actually talking about Teppan Edo.

Teppan Edo

This is DS's favorite restaurant. We have Japanese steakhouses near home but none of them do "the show" anymore. So it is fun to watch the chef's at work.

We checked in very close to our ADR time, we were running a little behind. We were called to be seated about 15 minutes past our ADR time. We've ate here I think four times and I don't think we've been seated on time even once. It did concern me a little because our last time here our meal took close to two hours and we were concerned about the fireworks thing. So anyway, we got seated with a younger couple with three young kids. I'm going to admit when I saw we were eating with three young kids I wasn't thrilled. All I could think about was they were going to slow our meal down. That just goes to show that's what you get for assuming, they didn't slow our meal down at all.

One comment I would like to make before we get on with the food is the noise in this restaurant. I think this is the loudest restaurant I've ever ate at. I could not hear one word our waittress said to us. Between the cooking at others tables, people talking, and the exhaust hoods I couldn't make out anything. I asked DH if it was just me but he said no, he couldn't hear her either.

Our server passed out warm towels to clean our hands before we ate. I always like this part, there's just something about about a warm towel.

California Roll

DS loves California Roll. Whenever we eat here we always get one to share. Or rather we get one for us to share and I try to eat a couple of pieces before he sucks it down. The roll was good. I'm not a big sushi eater so I can't really say. The only sushi I get is grocery store sushi and the Spicy Tuna roll at Food and wine Festival. This was good, but what do I know?

Onion Volcano

The old onion volcano, it was a big one.

The Sauces

Not sure of the names. On the left is the white sauce he referred to as YumYum sauce, good on everything. It's obviously a mayo based sauce. Of the other two one is a ginger sauce and I don't recall the other. I shouldn't have waited so long to do my reviews and I might've remembered some of this stuff :rotfl2:

Udon Noodles with Zucchini and Onions

This is the noodles. It's not a large serving, it's actually not very much. Just some noodles with sauce and the grilled zucchini and onions.

Beef Rice

The server brings this out in a seperate bowl as the chef is cooking your meal. I had read here on the DIS that instead of serving plain white rice they had went to a fried rice. I was excited because I love fried rice. The menu on allears refers to it as steamed beef rice. I don't know if it was steamed or fried but it was a beef rice. No one really liked this rice. I can't say exactly what wasn't good about it, but I preferred the white rice. I put a bunch of soy sauce on it so I could it eat it and DS did the same. DH didn't even try. I have read that they still have the white rice upon request. If we come back I will definitely get the white rice.

Sirloin Steak and Chicken

DH got the steak and chicken. It was just a smallish steak and a smallish chicken breast. He was asked how he wanted his meat cooked. He asked for medium well and it was prepared correctly. When the chef put the chicken on the table it was a very small serving compared to the other person who got chicken (only DH and one woman got it). I caught DH's eye and said something about that being a very small portion of chicken. He said there was no mushrooms in his serving, he gave them all to that other lady. Now that was fine, DH doesn't like mushrooms. But I thought it odd that the chef didn't ask or anything, just gave him no 'shrooms. So it wasn't all that small of a portion of chicken. The food was fine, just typical hibachi type food.

Swordfish

Before

after

DS and I both got the swordfish. DH was the brave one who tried it on our last trip, he gave me a small bite and I fell in love too. You can see it is a good sized steak. I was surprised that 4 people ordered it, it must be a popular menu item. The last time DH ordered it the chef asked DS how he would like it cooked. THis time we were not given an option. I don't know if that was a mistake or if they just cook it well done now. The fish was very good, but I would have preferred mine cooked medium to medium well, not well done. If you like fish at all I would recommend this entree. It has a more meaty texture than a flaky fish texture. It kind of reminded me of a tuna steak.

Although our food was good I don't think we had the best chef. He didn't put on a good show with the knives and stuff. The last time we went we had a lady chef who wasn't as good with the knives but she made up for it by being very interractvie. This guy didn't do that. He wasn't bad, he wasn't rude, he just wasn't as friendly or as skilled with the knives.

There's not many options for dessert here.

Vanilla Soft Serve

DH and DS both got the vanilla serve.

Green Tea Cheesecake

The last time we ate here DS talked me into getting the ginger chocolate cake and it was so gingery I couldn't eat it. I'd gotten the green tea pudding a few years ago and thought it was good, I had planned on getting that. It was no longer on the menu, but a green tea cheese cake took it's place. I decided to go for it. Although it looks kind of gross, it was actually pretty good. I don't drink green tea but I couldn't really taste it in there. To me it was just a plain cheese cake. Actually it reminded me of the tye dyed cheesecake at POP, where you can almost taste the artificial coloring in it. It had that same texture that reminds me of play-doh. It still wasn't a bad dessert, the raspberry sauce was good.

Overall Thoughts and Opinions: This is tough. I like this meal fairly well but I know I WOULD NOT do it without the dining plan. Assuming allears is correct, DH's meal was $30 and the others were $28 each(I rounded the .95 up to the next dollar). To me that's a lot of $$$$ for the amount of food you get. The meal went fairly quick though we did have to wait to be seated. Our ADR was 6:40 and I think we were walking out of the restaurant a few minutes before 8. It is VERY loud and the new(ish) rice was a bust for us. This is DS's favorite restaurant so we won't be able to leave it off if he comes with us, but if it was just the two of us, I doubt we'd go back.

Is there a better site out there for posting pics to the DIS instead of photobucket. I have always used photobucket without too much trouble but this time around we aren't getting along. I've had numerous problems changing the picture size and saving pictures. I would like a free site not a paid site.

After our finishing our meal at Teppan Edo we rushed out of Epcot and drove to DHS. We had a little time to kill before the fireworks. We staked out a decent spot under cover, it was looking like rain, and waited. I was thirsty so DS and I headed to get a drink. I honestly don't know the name of the store, DS always refers to it as the Villians Store, I do not know if that's the name or not. It's the store near Starring Rolls that has a bunch of food items for sale. I decided I wanted a frozen drink so DS decided to get one too.

Strawberry Goofy Glacier

Blue Raspberry Goofy Glacier

Sorry for the weird grainy picture, my iphone won't hardly take a night picture of any kind. Even with the flash. Both of these drinks were good. My strawberry wasn't near as strong as the one I had earlier in the week at Bigtop. This one was a lot better and tasted more like it should.

Normally we don't get up and do a Counter Service breakfast. But where we did CP for breakfast and did Texas de Brazil offsite for dinner, we had one set of counter service credits left that we had to use up. We had an ADR for Beaches and Cream for a late lunch, so breakfast was really our only option. Since we were staying at CSR Pepper Market was the most logical choice. So we got up early finished our packing, packed the Lander up, and headed to the food court for an early breakfast.

Pepper Market Breakfast

I wondered around for a while thinking about what to get. When I saw the Mickey waffles I was done. I loves me some Mickey Waffles.

Mini Mickey Waffles with Sausage

So as I said I loves me some Mickey waffles and for whatever reason I love the little ones the best. They were just as good as always. The sausage was also good, I love link sausage too. It was like the link sausage at CP.

Omelete with Home Fries

DS and DH both got omeletes. They were different but looked the same so I just posted the one. DH I think got a Southwestern omelete, pictured above. DS got a ham and cheese. Both were made to order. DH is convinced that the eggs weren't real eggs. I'm sure they were our of a bag or box or whatever. I doubt they were cracking fresh eggs. He said the omelete was good though. It was nice they were cooking them fresh so he could get what he wanted on it. Notice the Southwestern came with some salsa. I don't think he used it. It also came with home fries or hash browns, whatever you want to call them. BOth thought they were better with ketchup.

I don't know if I mentioned the mug thing earlier but I will mention it now because I had an incident here that bothered me. I had two different incidents with the refillable mugs and waiting in between refills. Overall I don't care, it's usually not a big deal, but I will tell you about my two incidents. At POR food court, I put the wrong drink in the wrong mug. I poured one out and poured the other in the right mug, then went to refill the other and it put about an ounce in and said I had to wait about 2.5 minutes for a refill. Now that was my own fault, I accept that and I'm fine with it. The one that bothered me happened at Pepper Market at this meal. I had my mug and filled it with Cherry Coke (yes I know it's breakfast and shouldn't be drinking Cherry Coke at breakfast......don't judge me.....) I didn't pay attention when it was filling, the soda fountain I used must've been messed up because it filled my mug with just the soda water, no syrup. So I emptied it and went to refill it, but I had to wait 2.5 minutes :furious:. I know I shouldn't have been drinking coke for breakfast, I should've paid attention when it was filling, and it didn't kill me to wait for a refill. But this one was NOT my fault and it aggravated me. I'm sure people will get on here and tell me why this had to be how it is, save yourself the time because I don't disagree with you, but it's still aggravating when there was a malfunction. OK I'm off my bandwagon now.

Overall Thoughts and Opinions: Pepper Market compares to other WDW food courts. There's several options. Breakfast isn't a "good value" on the dining plan but it's better than losing that credit. Our food was good. The omeletes were made fresh. My Mickey waffles seemed fresh and not old. Other than the drink malfunction it was a good experience.

Great reviews :thumbsup2
I was particulalry interested to read your thoughts on Portobello as I have hardy ever read a review :goodvibes

This is my last review :cool1:. The best part about finishing is I don't have to fool with photobucket anymore.

I am so proud of myself, every time we eat here I forget to take pictures. This time I remembered to take the pictures.

Since about 2009 our last day tradition has been get to whatever park at Rope Drop, stay until we were ready to leave (usually after lunchtime when the parks start getting really busy), and head to Beach Club for a meal at Beaches and Cream. Of course this year we made an ADR. Even though it was nice to have the ADR and not have to wait, I didn't like having a set time to have to leave MK and be at BC. I think we would've spent a little more time at MK if we didn't have the ADR. But we had to leave, plan time for transportation to our car, drive to BC. We would've done all that anyway but we wouldn't have worried about being there at a certain time.

Beach Club is my dream resort. We actually thought about renting points and staying there this trip but decided not to in the end. The DVC area looks far away from the main pool and bus stops. Plus we didn't know about the size of the room. But anyways, I love Beach Club. I guess what I love is Beach Club smell. I would love to have that smell in my house, I would just sit in the living room smiling if I did.

Beaches and Cream

So we arrive, park, and are there about half an hour early for our ADR. We checked in with a young male host who was almost rude :confused3. We told him we prefer to sit at the counter if that was possible. We got a pager and sat at the tables overlooking the pool(not inside the pool area of course) and waited. We hoped Delores was our waittres. She's been here every time we've ate here and she finally remembers us. On our last trip in October she was there but we couldn't catch her eye because she was busy. So after five minutes or so our pager buzzes and we are seated at the counter :cool1: But this time no Delores, she was off :sad2:.

B&C has changed their menu again. I took a picture but there's a big glare on it so you wouldn't be able to read it. I had been thinking about that Bacon Angus burger for several days. Bacon, replace the Blue chees with cheddar, onion rings, BBQ sauce........I couldn't wait. Of course when I got there it wasn't on the new menu :scared1: In it's place was a ham, swiss cheese, sauteed onion, and horseradish mustard burger. Who wants ham and cheese on a burger? There is also a Salmon sandwich, vegeterian falafel, hot dog, and chicken sandwich. Plus two burgers. And more.....

Angus Beef Burger

After getting over my disappointment at the menu change, I went with the Angus burger. I was soooooo disappointed that the other burger wasn't there. But when this one came out it was fine. I love to watch the cooks here. The meat is fresh, not a frozen patty. The white bun is buttered and toasted. It just tastes like a fresh burger. It was nothing like the burger I had at Backlot Express earlier in the week, this burger was super juicy and I love the white bun. Even though I missed the other burger this one is pretty good too. As you can see you just get lettuce, tomatoe, and onion on your plate. The server brings you a dish with mayo and other stuff in it. The ketchup and mustard is in bottles on the table. BTW, DH and I both got this.

Chicken Sandwich

DS got the Chicken sandwich. They had a different chicken sandwich a couple of years back that DS loved, but it's been off the menu a while. So when DS saw the chicken sandwich on the menu he had to get it. I tried to talk him out of it because I could tell by the menu it was a healthy chicken sandwich. I told him to at least get it plain, just chicken and bun. But he ordered it normal because he wanted to try it. The menu calls it grilled herb chicken on a multigrain bun, with cucumber and Frisee tossed with a raspberry vinaigrette. Well I was right, he didn't like the cucumber, frisee, and vinaigrette. I tried the vinaigrette and it was very tart yet sweet, might not have been bad with everything else but it was strong just trying it. He did like the sandwich once everything had been taken off. I have no idea where he gets it, but DS has never minded wheat buns and whole grain buns. So he didn't mind the bun and he didn't mind the herbs on the chicken. I don't think he would get it again though.

Onion Rings

DH was pretty hungry so he ordered onion rings for us to share. I ate one and they were fine but not as good as the rings we had at 50's Prime Time earlier in the week.

Now onto the good stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,

No Way Jose

This is my favorite dessert in all of WDW. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, peanut butter, and chocolate and peanut butter chips. LOVE IT. It's a HUGE dessert, DH and I split it and we rarely can actually finish it. If you notice in the background there's a red bowl with some brown stuff in it. I asked for extra peanut butter and they put some in a bowl and served it with our dessert. Sometimes they do that, sometimes they put it on, I prefer the bowl so I can have even more peanut butter. Who would've ever thought to heat up peanut butter and put it on ice cream?

Chocolate Malt

After loving that malt at 50's Prime Time so much, we mentioned to him that Beaches and Cream had malts too. He kept saying that was what he was going to get. As you can see he did. He said it was just as good as 50's PT. He got the shake in the glass with whipped cream but he also got what was left in the metal mixing cup. It was about 1/4 to 1/3 full of chocolate malt. He wasn't able to finish it.

Overall Thoughts and OpinoinsWe love eating here and visting Beach Club. I didn't love the ADR because of our needs but I can see how it would be beneficial to most. The food was great, I love the soda shop feel, an the 50's music playing on the jukebox. We will continue to make this our last meal tradition.

I thought I would wrap this thing up with some final thoughts and opinions.

Best Meal: For me it was Portobello, for DH it was 50's PT. He loved the fried chicken so much that it won him over.

Worst Meal:My vote was Boma, the food wasn't as good as I remembered from years past. Not as fresh not as tasty. DH went with Teppan Edo. He considered Boma but decided that even though the food wasn't as good at Boma he could at least find something to fill up on, even if it was Zebra Domes. After Teppan Edo, he was looking for something to snack on later.

Surprise Meal: Portobello. There wasn't a lot of reviews out there for it, so I just started looking at the menu on allears.net. It looked good so we went with it and it turned out to be great.

Best Counter Service: DH and I agree that we like the food Court at POR the best. Even though DH got the same burger if he wanted something different he could have it. There's good variety and if you go at dinner time there's even more to choose from.

Worst Counter Service:For me it would be Pepper Market, my nachos weren't great and the dessert options have really been reduced. For DH he voted Sunshine Season (yeah you read that right). Even though he claimed to like his meal at the time he told me last night it was just OK and it was more bad choice on his part than anything else. Go figure.

Service:I was going to put a best and worse service but it's hard to pick out the best because it was so good everywhere. Even at Chefs de France where I've read the service can be lacking. If I HAD to say worst service it would be BOG, and it wasn't bad it was just OK.

Thoughts on the Dining Plan: I'm a WDW vet. Everyone at works knows we go to WDW pretty much every year. So when questions come up I get asked a LOT. So I'm going to put my pros and cons here. I am not trying to start a DDP debate of whether it's good or bad, please don't do that here, I'm just putting my thoughts out there for you to consider.

Pros You don't get sticker shock when you see the menus, frees you up to order more expensive items you many not order if paying OOP. Nice to have everthing paid in advance. Good if you are a big eater and like to get a dessert every meal and eat the way the DDP sets you up to eat, Good idea if you're doing a lot of character meals

Cons Not really a good value if you don't eat the way DDP wants you to, I think in MOST cases you can eat cheaper than the cost of the DDP. Your meals are prepaid, if you don't use one you don't get the money back, it's gone forever. If you don't use ALL your allotments of TS and CS more than likely you've lost money

I really wish I would've kept up with reciepts from where we ate and the cost. I'm not 100% sure we broke even this trip.

Overall the food was good and service was great. I hope you enjoyed my reviews. I will watch this post for a few weeks, if anyone has any questions or comments, I will try to answer them.

The more think about the things I wrote on the DDP the more curious I am. Did we save money? Break even? Come out ahead? Unfortunately we didn't keep receipts and I don't remember. I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday. If I don't get busy, I'm going to figure up DDP cost, vs OOP cost and see how we came out. I know SOME days there's no way we came out ahead, for example 50's PT is very reasonably priced. On the other hand, I'm sure we came out at Teppan Edo because it was so pricey.

One thing I'm curious about is, Do you pay taxes on the DDP? I've heard people say you save more with the DDP because you don't pay sales tax. So if that's the case it is a factor. But don't you pay taxes on your package? The DDP is part of your package so wouldn't you just be paying them there instead of at the register?

Hi. Normally I just read along but wanted to make a few comments.

1. Thanks for perservering through your surgery. Glad you're ok!!
2. You mentioned melting ice pop at the Mexican CS. Just wanted to let you know that when you order CS, if you want ice cream as your dessert option just let them know when you order that you'll pick it up after your meal. Then when you're done, just go get your ice cream and bring the slip back to the same cashier. I don't 100% remember but I think they put a little note on the receipt as a reminder and then mark it off or something when you get the ice cream/pop so you don't get another. We did this a few times. Some of the cashiers would just remember and didn't write anything. We did this @ the mexican because we didn't want churros and it was August and REALLY hot. Also did it at the food court @ AKL and Contemporary. And I want to say somewhere in MK too but don't remember where.
3. You should absolutely stay at Beach Club. I have DVC and stayed there for a week a couple summers ago (we try to go every Aug).
4. The DDP price they quote you already includes tax (60.xx/night for an adult). So it's cheaper-ish because you're not paying tax on whatever the meal would've cost OOP. I've figured it a million ways and I think as adults, the reg DDP doesn't really save you any. That said, I get the DDP every time because I have 2 kids under 10 and we always do several fixed price meals so I save on them. If I went on a trip without them, I'd either pay OOP or possibly go for the deluxe although I haven't really figured that out much since I wouldn't do it with the kids.

Thanks for the enjoyable report!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter