I started last week!

Error_kitten

"Ain't that a kick in the head"
So last week one of my best friends bullied me (in a good way) to get my rear in gear.
We started doing the P90X.
Now while shes a size 8 I'm a 22.
But shes has much less strength while I have less endurance.
I'm at about 225 right now.
The drama about my weight is that I had a baby 13 months ago.
I also keep getting injured (spraining my ankles, breaking a toe, yadda yadda...). I also found out 2 months ago I have herniations in my back. Since then I had an epidural done which relieved me pain and I'm functioning again. YAY! But... I lost most my strength in my legs... So now's my time to get moving!
I had lost 15 lbs back in November and that was without working out.
Now I'm going back to eating healthy and busting my butt with the p90x.
I may only be able to do 30min out of the hour+ dvd's a day but I'm already seeing results and feeling much more motivated!

Good for you! It's way too easy to fall back on the baby/kids excuse...I know I did for YEARS! It's hard taking care of you AND your kids, but you're just as important!

I've found since losing weight that I've been less injury-prone. I don't know if that's truly related or just coincidence, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will help you, too.

I keep hearing P90X is hard. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to check it out!

Have you joined the BL challenge here? Or the June exercise challenge? The folks on the BL thread are very supportive and the exercise challenge helps keep me on goal (ok, so I sucked last month, but this month I'm ready to kill it!).

you go girl! I have heard of the program and a trainer I know is big advocate for it. I have been following what i hear is a similar program, and i know how hard it is!

Congratulations on your decision to get healthier!

I know several people that are PX90ing it. They have had good results but you have to stick with it! Keep it up!

Awesome job. Sticking with something is the key and it sounds like that is what you are doing.

i am considering purchasing this video. can you tell me how you are doing? i hate exercise and im not sure i can do it.

tia,
Deb

I must say that of the hundreds or maybe thousands of 'fitness' items hawked on the tube there are maybe 10 products that i would say are worth the $$.

P90X is on the top of the list. It is SERIOUS exercise that will get SERIOUS results. I do not get paid for saying this, only tout the results.

I will offer this as a caveate... you must follow the program for it to be effective AND the program includes a diet that can be tough to follow. That does not mean you will not get results with the work alone, but you are limiting the possiblities.

Since you are rather de-conditioned make sure to follow the modifications until you are capable of advancing. Trust me, one thinks that working with bands - or even just body weight is not too serious... you will see some change.

you must follow the program for it to be effective AND the program includes a diet that can be tough to follow.

Coach, is the diet too restrictive for someone already training for a half marathon? My friend is trying to do both and I'm worried that she might be overdoing it.

To the OP: Congrats starting the journey to be healthy!

Coach, is the diet too restrictive for someone already training for a half marathon? My friend is trying to do both and I'm worried that she might be overdoing it.

To the OP: Congrats starting the journey to be healthy!

Possibly. The plan's focus is assuming htat you are only doing the prescribed work. If your friens is substituting runs for workouts in the plan then the plan may not be overly restrictive.... if you firend is just adding runs on top of the workouts then some modification is warrented.

I also want to emphasize that while I do suggest following the diet, the ratio of food is slightly more important than portion size on this program. You are looking for the lower carb diet in the 'fat shredder'phase and the work back to a balanced diet towrad the end. The ideal Kcal intake is based on formulas and I have a real issue with formulas. I find they work for some but outliers exist. Obviously if weight loss is a primary goal one should operat on a negative Kcal intake. A safe deficeit is about 500 Kcal negative on a daily basis. Go too low and the body heads into survivor mode and the body wants to turn all food into fat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter