I Saw A Snake!

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I know many people have seen snakes at WDW,but in all of my trips I had never seen one.That changed during my recent Holiday trip.I was walking along a path at POR when a woman and her daughter further along the trail told me I may want to stop.There was a black snake about two feet long by the side of the path about halfway between me and the woman and her daughter.It was "raised-up" like either it was ready to strike or was looking around.It maintained this position for about a minute and then slithered across the path to the wooded area on the other side.I know there are many of them at WDW,but I am not super-excited about seeing another one.LOL:) I think I also will try to avoid ground-floor resort rooms in the future.:)

We saw a big one at the WL last summer,right by the bus stop.

Eeeewww! I am really afraid of snakes, so that would completely freak me out! Yet another reason why I request a top floor room!

I saw one while walking along a path at POFQ. It freaked me out enough that I turned around and walked completely out of my way to get to where I was going!

The good news is that black snakes eat rodents and are not poisonous.

Now, if you see one that rattles? That's another post.

:eek: :scared1: :scared:

Not sure what's worse a snake or an alligator. We saw an alligator our last visit. eeekkk...:scared1:

Is there really someone out there who has had a snake in their room? I have requested ground floor at POR because of some in our party with difficulty with steps and that is the last thing I want to meet in my room. I know it could always be a slight possibility, but has anyone really ever gotten one in their room?

We saw a big one at the WL last summer,right by the bus stop.
We didn't see a snake at the WL bus stop - think I might have preferred it to what we did see/find: half of a toad 6' up on the outside of the bus stop... think a bird left it there.

OT but adding: My mom gave me great advice to avoid bugs and other unwanted critters when in Florida: Never leave anything damp such as a towel on the floor. Always put it in the tub at the very least. I unwaringly tested her theory and found a damp towel did indeed attract an earwig within the time it took to shower and change from the pool.

Another question about snakes: has anyone ever seen rattlesnakes at WDW and where? Has anyone ever found one of them in their rooms?

Is there really someone out there who has had a snake in their room? I have requested ground floor at POR because of some in our party with difficulty with steps and that is the last thing I want to meet in my room. I know it could always be a slight possibility, but has anyone really ever gotten one in their room?

actually I have 22 snakes in my room right now. oh wait your talking about disney. sorry. that is at home. hehe Love snakes.

Ok that aint even funny for me. I am HIGHLY, and I just can't stress that enough afraid of snakes. I mean get sick to my stomach drop afraid. I am from the south but moved a while back, and yes I am aware there are MANY of those buggers snakes/and gators, but I DO NOT like them. We are staying at AKL, and the fact that people have posted seeing them so close around the resorts has me a bit bugged. I have told DFH about them and his words were oh great there are snakes and gators, where we live they are not indiginous to this state. While I know to watch where you step and be aware of your surroundings especially in Florida it still weirds me out. Has anyone had run in's with them in or around AKL? Thanks in advance.:bride: :groom:

ugh see that weirds me out. As long as they arent in the resort like inside inside. It's winter and usually they hibernate, but maybe due to the weather being a bit warmer they might be out a bit out of the norm. I DON'T feel safe just because it was a black snake cause it does NOT all the time mean it's a chicken snake Water Moccosins/and or cotton mouths (sp) are also black and poisonious. ugh I have like severe heeby jeebies just thinking about it

Ew Ew Ew..snakes and gators?? Where are the gators found?? That just freaks me out and I leave in 2 days.

We saw a cool snake at Animal Kingdom last year, and I was not part of the attractions. Only one we saw.:goodvibes

I saw a snake swimming around in the Wilderness Lodge pool! :faint: They called the some animal control guys, and one jumped in the pool and caught the snake with some grabber things. They put the snake in a white sack and took him away! They said it was a brown banded water snake. Yikes!!

And on my recent trip in November, we were around the back of Beach Club, we just exited the building and were walking on the sidewalk that wraps around the building near StormAlong Bay. We were walking in the direction of Beaches and Cream, and saw a small snake slither across the sidewalk in front of us!! :eek: That bugged me, since it was basically inbetween StormAlong Bay and Beach Club, so there wasn't alot of room for that snake to go without bothering someone!

But yep - snakes are around Disney World!

Well, from being born and rasied in the south for 22 years before moving I can tell you that pretty much any lake type body of water is a possible gator refuge. Here I am saying this yet I am deathly afraid of snakes. If you wanna see me puke and drop that would be the way to do it. Get near me with ANY type of snake big or small and I am going down hard no questions asked. As far as gators heck no I don't like them, and heck no I don't want to be on the business end of one, but growing up in bayou country I know they are around and heavy in Florida. I just honestly wouldnt suggest venturing into a lot of the lakes in Florida just to be safe. Yes many people do it, but I am NOT into taking that big of chance, nor do I take it when I go back to visit family where I am from.:bride: :groom:

We saw a dead snake at POFQ. It was on the sidewalk. It looked like someone killed it and left it there.

We always look for gators but have never soon one.

On one of our trips to WDW we saw two small Gators in the lake in the Magic Kingdom, there were CMs around trying to work out what to do. They were near the loading for the paddle boat

Back in March of last year saw one of those black snakes at animal kingdom. We were sitting on the rocks just as you go into dino land, I was sitting so that I could see the walk way that takes you over to expedition everst. Good thing it was over on the rocks the other side of me. Be no sitting on the rocks this time when I go there in a couple months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter