I never understood

Why does Peter Pan consistently have one of the longest lines in Magic Kingdom?
I wonder this too, but i think the lines are a result of it still being a popular ride but it is a slow loader. It is a neat ride, but certainly not worth using a FP. Our most recent trip we just hit it at rope drop and it was perfect. We were on and off by 9:15. It was nice to go through the regular line as the the ride itself with all the interactive aspects.

It is definitely a beautiful attraction but a 90 minute wait is ridiculous. Personally I don’t ride it very often because every time I do, it stops 2-3 to let someone on and they do that please remain seated your vehicle has stopped speech over and over. It just takes me right out of the experience.

Personally I think the ride should be shut down. That movie is chock full of racist and sexist language, behaviors, and attitudes. It’s horrible. It needs to be shoved into the dust bin of history and forgotten.
ehh by this logic, splash mountain should have been gone a long time ago..

i hope this thread does not turn into a discussion about what rides are racist and which ones are not...it will get ugly quickly. Let's all stay focused on discussing the OP's comments.

Last edited:

Why does Peter Pan consistently have one of the longest lines in Magic Kingdom? Do children still watch Peter Pan these days with all of the newer movies available? It's always seemed odd to me..
Well, it is traditionally our first FP at the beginning of our trip. I stobborly waited in the standby line for it. Never again! Yes, I think it is a combo of slow load/classic. We did do the interactive standby line very late one night when the line was finally blessedly shorter. It is really cute and well done IMO. What is shocking is how short the ride is. I was disappointed in how WDW handled Tinkerbell & Co. I thought they were so cute. At one point their meet and greet was where I believe Skipper’s Canteen (not sure if I have the name right??) is. They always seemed to be in kind of an “afterthought” situation. I always thought it would be brilliant to expand on the Neverland theme. Move over Mickey’s Philharmagic! No offense, but it is so dated. Wouldn’t that be a great area for more PP & Neverland, meet & greets, etc. When we visited DL, the Fairy meet and greet area was extensive and very well done. Anyway, I love Peter Pan’s Flight, just not the line. Oh, almost forgot, on the night we visited the interactive line, at one point there was no line (a miracle!!). Apparently the ride was down briefly & had just started back up. We were so shook, I don’t think we rode it!

This is one my must-dos when I go to MK. It's full of that harder and harder to find magic IMO.

Me too, we all love PP, but I won't wait on the standby line. That is one of the most deceiving standby lines in all of WDW. You look at the posted time, look at the line and make the horrible mistake of saying "it doesn't look that long". LOL.

it would be brilliant to expand on the Neverland theme. Move over Mickey’s Philharmagic! No offense, but it is so dated.
Mickey's Philharmagic is "so dated?"
But, Peter Pan is not?

It was my daughter's favorite ride in all of Disney World when we went in May. She was 3, had only seen the movie once, and didnt particularly care about Peter Pan, but she loved the ride. Maybe because it flies?

Why does Peter Pan consistently have one of the longest lines in Magic Kingdom? Do children still watch Peter Pan these days with all of the newer movies available? It's always seemed odd to me..

It's a low capacity ride that all ages tend to have on their list of rides to do. Yes -- kids have seen a Peter Pan movie or two. I have to agree that the lines for the ride (while the ride is perfectly cute) just don't make any sense to me, despite the first items. Once one sees how long the ride is, why would one wait especially if you have been on the ride before?

I know it's a dark class ride, but I just don't get all the love.

It's one of two rides in the MK that we like, but skip as it's not worth it to us to waste a fastpass on or worth standing in the long stand by line. Our other skip ride is 7DMT, where as offsite visitors we can never get a fastpass at a good time. With those two out of our touring plan, we can have a great day and the MK and get everything we want in, in a reasonably relaxed manner. Some folks do these after fireworks, but for example on our next visit we will have to leave after fireworks at 8 p.m. as we are offsite visitors and on the one day we are visiting the MK park there are evening extra magic from 8-10 p.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter