I need Disneyland help

izzydrake

Earning My Ears
We have never been to Disneyland and just decided to take the kids for Christmas this year. I need to know where to start. There are so many sites I am feeling very overwhelmed. Where is the best place for deals? Where should we stay? Where do I buy tickets? ANY info you want to share will be soooo greatly appreciated. TIA Jodi

You have started in the right spot.... I was in your exact situation last year when we decided to plan our first ever trip to DLR. I'm sure you will have a lot of responses from some of the veterans here.

Hotel, depending on budget, you can stay at either of the 3 disney properties, or you can just as easily stay at a 'good neighbor' hotel. There are several within walking distance. You will find a lot of fans for HoJo's on here (the Howard Johnson Hotel). We just got back and stayed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn, easy walk.

I bought a book called the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, and that was helpful.

You can buy tickets directly from Disneyland.com. A lot of people buy them from Get Away Today.com... they were the same price for me as the Disneyland website, but I think you get more magic mornings (1 hour early entrance).

I would start by reading through Hydroguys tips that you can find in the STICKY posts at the top of the threads page, if you haven't already.

If I think of anything else I'll post more...but that's a start! Good Luck!

:welcome:

You will find a lot of info here.

The stickies are:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072276

For the HOJO Entertainment rate the dates for December are:

December 2008:: 1st, 2nd, 7th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th

Another favorite here is Candy Cane Inn.

check out www.mousesavers.com for more savings on tickets and such.

Are you flying in? Many take the DL Express run by grayline from the airports. It is great if you have children that are still in carseats. The coach is in the style of a Greyhound bus, so carseats are not needed (or able to be hooked up).
www.graylineanaheim.com

Have fun planning!

The best place to stay?

It depends on your budget.

If cost isn't an issue, I would definitely recommend one of the Disney hotels.

If cost is an issue, there are MANY nice places to stay within walking distance to the Park...and you can often get a very good deal on a room if you book a few months in advance!

ooh how cute first timers. try DLresortinfo dot com or allears dot com to view the places to eat and get an idea of cost.
i agree hotel choice depends on your budget and your need to be in the middle of the disney magic.
i've used getawaytoday.com for 5 years before i became a dvc member. but purchased a package not tickets seperately.
have fun!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!