I need an EBAY guru right now, AGAIN! UPDATE!

wendyl said:
You can do this by going to 'advanced search' in the top left corner of your screen, then click on 'items by buyer' and then enter the buyer's username. It will tell you everything they have bid or purchased in the last 2 weeks.

Oh my... I just did this search. The bidder, shortly after my auction, did a buy it now and got a bundle deal for about 17 dollars more. She's NOT being honest with me as I first thought she was. What do I do now? Do I question her about it? My goodness... This is what people are talking about. I haven't done a thing yet but offer it to the 2nd place bidder, but that person has not responded. I'd sure hate for this to get ugly... :mad:

Man!!! Maybe I should call her on it and see what she says... I'll just wait to hear back from someone more experienced with this. Thanks... :sad2:

Ness2289 said:
Oh my... I just did this search. The bidder, shortly after my auction, did a buy it now and got a bundle deal for about 17 dollars more. She's NOT being honest with me as I first thought she was. What do I do now? Do I question her about it? My goodness... This is what people are talking about. I haven't done a thing yet but offer it to the 2nd place bidder, but that person has not responded. I'd sure hate for this to get ugly... :mad:

Man!!! Maybe I should call her on it and see what she says... I'll just wait to hear back from someone more experienced with this. Thanks... :sad2:

I'm not more experienced with your situation, but I would wait to hear back from the second chance offer person and if they say no, hold the original bidder to her bid. I bet this is not the first time she has pulled this stunt.

I agree--make the original bidder pay if the second chance offer is not accepted in the next few hours. I wouldnt let her know that you know she bought the other item, just that she has a legally binding contract with you now to pay what she owes you for your item.
I don't let buyers off at all if they change their minds about my items. It is a lot of effort and you lose out, even if only $1. If I can manage to not bid on items I don't want, then I don't see why other people can't do me the same courtesy. I also like to threaten a trip to small claims court (not sure if you have one of those in the US) to enforce payment on the contract, rather than just using the ebay non-paying bidder procedure. Never had anyone not pay after that, and if they don't want the item let them go to the effort of selling it on.

I have had this happen, where I find they have won or are bidding on another. My most recent situation I just told her it was a binding contract, yada, yada, yada. I don't think she really cared, but you bet the second she lost out on the other one she was bidding on she paid me! It was a buy it now (which ticks me off even more) so I couldn't offer it to the second person.

I would call her on it, if you get a negative so be it. You can reply to it and it won't look bad on you. Most of my negatives are stupid or retalitory. I don't think anything of anyone having negatives, if I am bidding I'll glance at why but that is about it and it usually it is after I won the item. I would call her on it now, and leave the 2nd chance open until someone pays, you can end a second chance offer whenever you like, even if you chose 7 days. Best of luck!

I would also do the second chance offer, before I responded. If the second bidder doesn't buy it, then I would tell her that this was a contract, even though you do realize by looking at her bidding, she has bought the same item, and that per eBay's rules, this is a contract and you will have to either hold her to this, or she will have to pay your listing and ending fees, and that you will relist it. If she says no, or doesn't respond, I would file the non paying bidder with eBay, and 4 days into it, I would send another note, letting her know that you will file at the end of the 7 days, and leave appropriate feedback. Then I would do just that.

As for second chance offers, I make them daily. I sell the same items over and over and sometimes will send out multiple second chance offers. I've never, that I know, had someone think it was something fishy...they are usually happy to get the item for what they bid..they don't pay more than they bid, so it doesn't matter what the final price ended up being. If you don't want to get SCO's, you can opt out in your eBay profile.

I usually give the person a suggestion when we get into a situation like this--where they are trying to back out of not honoring that contact (and I have discovered the REAL reason why). I say something like, "You can always do what others have done when they won an item they no longer needed, you can honor the legal contract and pay for the item and then when it arrives, you can sell it back on Ebay to get some or all of your money back. Who knows, it might sell for more. Otherwise we have to get into the whole non-paying bidder claim process, and I really don't want to do that. Please consider honoring your promise to pay and complete the transaction."

I only mention that I know the REAL reason they don't want to pay (again, this is in the case where I've caught them lying), if they continue to refuse to pay, or quit responding. If they quit responding, I send them an email and put the OTHER ebay item number in the subject line of the email with question marks after it. That usually gets them to at least respond. Some get angry they've been caught, some apologize but say they now have no more money to pay for yours, some go ahead and pay, some continue to ingore your emails (what can they say, really, they've been busted).

jessica52877 said:
I agree. I often have more then one item but will only list one at a time, immediately when the auction ends I send a second chance offer to the other bidder. I never thought of it as looking like someone was bidding it up and then not selling. I guess I don't have time for that and would never do it so the thought doesn't cross my mind.
jessica52877 said:
The thought has never crossed my mind to bid my own items up. Sorry if that was unclear. I don't know who would do that, but I am sure some do it!
It looked alot like you were making a passive aggressive cheap shot at my honesty and integrity. That's what I wanted you to clarify. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter