• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I miss Disney :( Let's go again! A September 2012 PTR - updated 9/10

AHHHHH,you leave the day before I arrive lol,I have that minnie v neck with the big bow too and btw that D&b bag is too cute!!!

I'm following along! I love the shirts! So cute and trendy!!! There's just something about being decked out in Disney clothes that makes it so much more fun!

Thanks!! We also made some of our own shirts and they turned out SO cute. I'll post pics tomorrow, as soon as I get a chance.

AHHHHH,you leave the day before I arrive lol,I have that minnie v neck with the big bow too and btw that D&b bag is too cute!!!

Thanks for following! I am obsessed with the D&B, can't wait to use it in the park!

Woo Hoo for Mickey Mail! I want mine dangit!! I have that black shirt! Its really cute!! Getting really close, like you said!

No Mickey mail for you yet?? I think I got mine Thursday so I'm sure yours will be very soon. Love the luggage tags this year!

Before I get back to my "daily plans" posts, I wanted to show you all the super-crafy stuff we have been doing for our trips! I will try to give credit where credit is due, but if you see a graphic or something that belongs to someone, let me know!

First up, our AK day shirts:
Mine:
DSCN1035.jpg

Jess':
photo48.jpg

We made these by using the iron on paper (we got the kind of dark fabric), and printed the heads from this photobucket. It was super easy and they are adorable! Although yesterday Jess noticed the fabric was lifting (we haven't worn them yet), so she had to superglue it down. Hopefully it stays after we ride Kali! :cool1: The tanks are from Target, and we got the paper at Joann.

Next up, we have these:
photo50.jpg

This didn't come out as good as I had hoped - I think we should have done a red block with white writing on it, but oh well. There's nothing on the front of these...they're v-necks with a little pocket. I can't find the link where we found the Mickey ears! The writing we just did in word and printed it out on the iron on paper (again, we used the kind for dark shirts). We also printed the Mickey ears on iron-on and cut around them. I think these will be either for DHS or Epcot - don't want to get wet while we're wearing these :sad2:. The v-neck was also from Target I believe.

Last up, my favorites- tie dye Mickey shirts. I am SO THRILLED with the way these came out and I'm so excited to wear them!!!

Mine:
photo49.jpg

Jess':
photo51.jpg

The shirts are v-necks from Walmart (I think they were $3!). We made sure to get 100% cotton. We also got a tie dye kit from Walmart and a separate package of black dye. It was messy but worth it! The link to the tutorial we used can be found here. The dye we got was good because we didn't have to use soda ash....we dyed the "head" black, then wrapped it in saran wrap and did the rest with the other colors. The only mistake made was that Jess pulled the front AND back of t-shirt fabric through the head, so she has a partial Mickey head on the back. She has long hair so it won't be an issue. These will probably also be a day where we don't get wet - the 2nd DHS day or an Epcot night. I would be afraid the extra dye would run onto my Dooney :scared1

We are thinking of adding rhinestones around the edge of the Mickey head to make it more defined - thoughts??

These are so cute!!! And how fun to make your own! For the first one, did you buy the image from the person? Or is it available just to download for free?

Fratthouse said:
These are so cute!!! And how fun to make your own! For the first one, did you buy the image from the person? Or is it available just to download for free?

They're free - there are a ton of them on there!

I know you all are so excited to hear what's in store for day 4 :rotfl: (yay, rhyme time!)

Day 4 is Tuesday, September 18th and this should be a relaxing morning. I don't have any concrete plans for the morning - since well be at EMH the night before at DHS, we will probably sleep in and hang out at the pool or go to DTD early.

For the afternoon we have planned to go to DisneyQuest! We try to do something new each trip, and we've never been. I want to leave the hotel by 11:30 (earlier if we decided to shop in DTD before), and get lunch at the the best QS location on property - Earl of Sandwich! I am a sandwich kind of girl (ask my Mama- I think I've eaten a turkey sandwich for lunch every day since 1st grade!), and this place was just amazing. I'm getting hungry just thinking about the yummy sandwich I'm going to get here!

After we finish lunch, we'll walk over to DisneyQuest. I plan to stay until 4:00pm or so - I think that should be enough time since it is during the middle of the afternoon, and I think the crowds are low.

If we finish early/get bored we can shop or leave early for our next destination - Epcot! I want to be at Epcot by 5:00. This evening is dedicated to the World Showcase and Illuminations! I'm hoping we can get through all the WS countries (except France, UK and Canada as we'll have seen those the first night), ride Maelstrom & the 3 Callabros (sp? I didn't take Spanish!) - we missed them both last time. We also have a 6:55 ADR at Coral Reef! I am praying we get a seat next to the tank, but we'll see how that goes.

We'll try to stake out a semi-decent spot for Illuminations, but more importantly we want somewhere we can get out quick! The spot we had last time was great (it was kind of elevated, near Mexico - we sat on a high wall)...good viewing and really easy access to the exit.

That about sums up day 4- should be fun but looks exhausting!

LOVE all of the shirts that you made. I wish I had time to make some like that. Also, your ME tags say AK because AoA is considered an AK area resort. We've stayed at Pop on our last 2 trips and our ME tags had AK on them too. This time for POFQ, they'll say EC for Epcot. They group the resorts into areas. I'm sure they group the luggage like that (easy to grab all the green AK, blue EC, etc) and then sort them into each resort.

Your day 4 is my day 1!!! We'll be landing at MCO at 8:45am....I love having a full day on arrival day. Our plan is to go to AK (we can accomplish everything we want there in a 1/2 day) and then it's Raglan Road for dinner at 6pm.

LOVE all of the shirts that you made. I wish I had time to make some like that. Also, your ME tags say AK because AoA is considered an AK area resort. We've stayed at Pop on our last 2 trips and our ME tags had AK on them too. This time for POFQ, they'll say EC for Epcot. They group the resorts into areas. I'm sure they group the luggage like that (easy to grab all the green AK, blue EC, etc) and then sort them into each resort.

Your day 4 is my day 1!!! We'll be landing at MCO at 8:45am....I love having a full day on arrival day. Our plan is to go to AK (we can accomplish everything we want there in a 1/2 day) and then it's Raglan Road for dinner at 6pm.

Good to know about the luggage tags - thank you!

I learned my lesson trying to get up early and a have a full first day! When we went two years ago, we landed around 9:00am (which meant we had been up since 3 or 4)...I was so miserable all day! I'm just one of those people who can't function on little sleep (I get physically ill, not fun!). I hate that I'm essentially losing a full day park ticket, but we'll just have to work with it I guess. I don't think my sister wants to deal with me being incredibly cranky on the first day of vacation! :rotfl:

Got one more thing done from my checklist today - I placed my order with Garden Grocer! We like to use our CS meals for lunch, so we usually just eat a quick breakfast in the room. While we are at AoA, we are in the LM section which appears to be FAR from the food court (and very far from my required morning soda!). Here's what we ordered:

Golden grahams
1/2 gallon of milk
6 bagels
Cream cheese
3 yogurts
Granola bars
24 pack of water
12 pack of Diet coke :goodvibes
10 pack of Capri Sun (need another few dollars to meet the minimum!)

It was a bit of sticker shock - $40 for the food, $20 for delivery including tip, plus taxes, fees, etc...it ended up being around $65! I almost didn't do it - we usually just pack granola bars, bagels and cereal in our luggage and buy our cold items when we get there. But, being the dork that I am, I did some math!

If we each bought a water every morning at $2 (I'm sure it's actually more...) = $32
If I also buy a soda in the morning (either purchase a bottle the night before or a fountain when I get to the park)- $2 = $16
Cream cheese = Probably $4-$5 to get enough for 6 bagels
Milk = $4 to $5 for Jess to have cereal every morning

Plus the bagels, granola bars & cereal we would buy beforehand ~ $10

Roughly $68...so we'll probably roughly break even, but at least we'll have the convenience and save the room in our suitcase!

The site was fairly easy to use - I scheduled my delivery between 2:00 and 4:00 (we land at 2:10), and they called me these evening to confirm my order. Hope all goes well!

I need to figure out my order from Garden Grocer too. We've never ordered from them before, but I've heard nothing but wonderful things about them. I really don't feel like packing a huge thing of diapers and wipesfor my DS, so we'll definately be ordering some. We'll also need milk and juice for him as well. We always pack our own snacks too (granola bars, fruit snacks, etc) and we've ordered a case of water from Costco before too. It's really not too hard getting to $40....the prices are definately more than I pay here at home!

Love the shirts!!! i found those designs and was gonna do those but our printer is too fancy and heats up the iron on too much that it wont come off the paper. Haha. I did something else instead. Cant wait to see more!

Love the shirts!!! i found those designs and was gonna do those but our printer is too fancy and heats up the iron on too much that it wont come off the paper. Haha. I did something else instead. Cant wait to see more!

Thanks for following! Would love to see pics of your crafts!

I'm following! Take lots of pictures!!!

Thanks for following along! I definitely need to take more pics this time - last time I didn't have nearly enough! Also this time we also have Photopass, so I'm
planning on utilizing that a ton.

I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw that price tag, too! But I don't know why I should be surprised - it's Disney. Everything is going to be more expensive than at home, even when you're buying food from off-site:)
But, being the dork that I am, I did some math!

I love it (of course I am a dorky accountant, too, so that may not be very reassuring!). It makes me a little crazy when I see people make decisions to purchase things that make no financial sense. I just want to crawl through the computer and say, "Please....please let me help you save some money! It's ok - if you don't want to save the extra money for yourself, you can just give it to me. But don't waste it!!!" Anyways, I appreciated this:)

And yay for soda in the morning. I'm not myself until I get some caffeine into my system:)

Just one quick thought - and it may be too late to be of any help now, but have you considered the refillable resort mugs? I think they run around $15 and you can refill them as many times as you want at your resort. You could probably get your water and diet coke that way and maybe save a few dollars. Plus, you get a free souvenir. I think in your equation you estimated $48 on water and soda. The cost of 2 mugs would be $30, so an $18 savings. Like I said, probably too late now that you've ordered from GG, and it might even be worth the $18 for the convenience of having them delivered and not having to go to the food court, but something to factor into the equation for next time, if you're interested:) See? I can't help myself. I desperately want to save people money! Sorry if I came accross like a know-it-all:) I'm always hesitant to leave people suggestions because I don't want them to think I'm critical. Feel free to respond and tell me if this is a totally stupid idea:goodvibes

Just one quick thought - and it may be too late to be of any help now, but have you considered the refillable resort mugs? I think they run around $15 and you can refill them as many times as you want at your resort. You could probably get your water and diet coke that way and maybe save a few dollars. Plus, you get a free souvenir. I think in your equation you estimated $48 on water and soda. The cost of 2 mugs would be $30, so an $18 savings. Like I said, probably too late now that you've ordered from GG, and it might even be worth the $18 for the convenience of having them delivered and not having to go to the food court, but something to factor into the equation for next time, if you're interested:) See? I can't help myself. I desperately want to save people money! Sorry if I came accross like a know-it-all:) I'm always hesitant to leave people suggestions because I don't want them to think I'm critical. Feel free to respond and tell me if this is a totally stupid idea:goodvibes

We actually have free dining (so we have the DDP) and you get a resort mug - but we are in LM and we are sooooooo far away from the cafeteria in the morning, I think it would probably take 1/2 an hour to walk there and back in the morning! And I bring a small park bag (my dooney!!) so I don't want to carry my mug around all day. But thanks for the advice anyways! :goodvibes

:wave2: How did I miss this PTR before? Our trips completely overlap! :yay:

Congrats on your DVC being approved! How exciting for you! ::yes:: And you're officially still a newlywed? BIG congratulations! :lovestruc

Love the shirts you made and the ones you purchased, too. Always enjoy to see photos of others purchases! :thumbsup2

Look forward to reading more! popcorn::

:wave2: How did I miss this PTR before? Our trips completely overlap! :yay:

Congrats on your DVC being approved! How exciting for you! ::yes:: And you're officially still a newlywed? BIG congratulations! :lovestruc

Love the shirts you made and the ones you purchased, too. Always enjoy to see photos of others purchases! :thumbsup2

Look forward to reading more! popcorn::

Thanks for following! I haven't seen your PTR before either, gonna check it out now! I guess I'm still a newlywed...we're at about 10 months :goodvibes

Three weeks until our trip!! Can't believe how time has flown since we booked this trip in February - crazy! Here are our plans for day 5 (Wednesday, September 19th).

This morning is another sleep in morning - we're heading to Blizzard Beach for a few hours in the morning! We'll have spent about 3 hours there on day 2 (Sunday, after AK), so we'll probably go at RD and stay until lunchtime. Since I'm not sure what the crowds will be like on Sunday (the first time we go), I'm not sure what we'll have already accomplished...again, I'd like to do the slides (not sure if I'm brave enough to do Summit Plummet, but Jess will!). We'll either leave before or after lunch, and then we'll head to...

DHS! I'm hoping to get there by two (earlier if we decide to each lunch there rather than at BB). Ideally we'll hit the Backlot Tour before going to the parade (we loved all the Pixar characters last time), maybe grabbing at FP for RnRc at some point...the rest of the day will mainly be devoted to catching shows, since this is the only afternoon we'll be here...I'd like to see LMA at 4:30 (skipped last time) as well as Beauty & the Beast (5:45). Hopefully we can use our RnRc FP and ride ToT before dinner.

This is the only day of our trip we won't have an ADR! If you read my last TR (which I'll just assume you haven't :rotfl:), I screwed up and scheduled our ADR conflicting with Fantasmic (my fav nighttime show!). We'll probably grab food from Pizza Planet (Jess is obsessed with this place), or I've been wanting to try a hot dog from Fairfax Fare! Either way, it will be a CS meal we can take with us while we wait for Fantasmic to start.

We'll see Fantasmic at 8:00, and hopefully be back at AoA by 9:00 or 9:30...maybe take a dip in the pool if we're not too tired, but most likely we'll go to bed early since we have an early morning the next day :goodvibes

You definitely still hold "newlywed" status! :thumbsup2

Your BB/DHS day plans sound good. Would you believe we've never seen LMA? :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter