• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love New York (& Disney), DVC owners group!

Wow that’s some trip! Let us know how the starcruiser is and have an amazing time :)
Thanks. For the last 4-5 yrs we’ve been doing 2 weeks in July/August, 9-10 days easter break and then try to sneak in 4-5 days over Veterans Day, thanksgiving or early December. It would be great to be just 4 hrs closer. Would make the single day drive more manageable

We've made the drive several times, so we know what we're in for (the good, the bad, and the ugly, lol). Sometimes we've driven as far as WDC and taken the AutoTrain, but the value isn't there for us anymore, so we'll drive the whole way. Heading down is always fun with anticipation and reviewing plans, etc. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it as a "detox period" before the real vacation starts, because we've had a LOT going on around here the past few months especially. We will stop overnight in Florence, SC, and from there it's about 7 hours to WDW. We try to arrive between 4-5 so that hopefully our villa is ready to move into without waiting long. It's really the drive back that stinks, and several times we've done it without stopping by switching drivers.
Driving works for us because my DDs are basically adults and can entertain themselves (and we do have a DVD player in the van). We can bring more-or-less anything/as much as we want, which with 4 women is nice. We also go for longer trips (usually 12 nights), so that makes the 2 days of driving in each direction worth it. We also really love having a vehicle down there. We use Disney transportation often, but we prefer to drive ourselves to waterparks (took the bus once and it was a very uncomfortable ride back to resort being wet & freezing in the A/C) & Animal Kingdom, and of course if we need anything off-site. We also usually split-stay, so moving resorts is easy with our own vehicle.
TYSM for the good wishes for our trip!
The 2 times we drove, we stopped in Savannah. Lots of newer hotels right off 95 by the airport. Also plenty of eating options and then a quick 5 hrs in the morning. On the way home we stop in VA. One time when we booked late and airfare to MCO was ridiculous, we flew into Savannah. It was a quarter of the price and a very easy airport to get in and out.

Anyone have any up coming trips? My next one is Labor Day weekend, so my countdown begins again :)
Heading down for the last week of July. Taking the in-laws with us, but got them their own studio to save my sanity! Was meant to be a resort only trip, however we decided to go to MK and booked Royal Table (first time for all of us!).

Heading down for the last week of July. Taking the in-laws with us, but got them their own studio to save my sanity! Was meant to be a resort only trip, however we decided to go to MK and booked Royal Table (first time for all of us!).
Next May I have family joining us and I am debating this. 2 bedroom save points, one bedroom and studio save some sanity lol

I’ve never done the Royal table, would love to hear about when you get home! Have an awesome trip :)

Next May I have family joining us and I am debating this. 2 bedroom save points, one bedroom and studio save some sanity lol

I’ve never done the Royal table, would love to hear about when you get home! Have an awesome trip :)
From experience I say...SEPARATE ROOMS.

It doesn't matter how happy friendly is. Everyone needs space. 🤣

LI’er here:-)
My next trip is Labor Day weekend. I have to validate my AP before expires… missed my JAn trip.

MacArthur airport is Amazing… 5 min from my house:-)

Although if airfare is a lot cheaper I will go to JFK or Ugh LGA:-)

2nd trip December in my first Xmas time trip at WL after purchasing WLV(aka.. BRV in 2007 specifically for Xmas.

Well only comfort is the room I’m sure has same furnishings since they keep postponing Reno ;-) lol

LI’er here:-)
My next trip is Labor Day weekend. I have to validate my AP before expires… missed my JAn trip.

MacArthur airport is Amazing… 5 min from my house:-)

Although if airfare is a lot cheaper I will go to JFK or Ugh LGA:-)

2nd trip December in my first Xmas time trip at WL after purchasing WLV(aka.. BRV in 2007 specifically for Xmas.

Well only comfort is the room I’m sure has same furnishings since they keep postponing Reno ;-) lol
My next trip is Labor Day weekend and then I’m going back in Dec as well lol

WL has to be awesome Xmas time! Have an amazing time (both trips!)

I'm looking for some advice and experience stories about flying out of Westchester during Christmas. For some reason, they are the "cheapest" airport for the day I am looking at. However, they don't have an evening flight - latest is 4pm. I just don't think I have enough time to get through security etc.

How early do people get there and do you think there will be tremendous lines due to holidays? I have been there with no lines and I have been there with "decent" lines for security. I assume it would be busier due to upcoming Christmas holiday.

It's just a shame they don't have anything after 4. I also think there may be a chance times change as has been my experience over the last 18 months flying.

Bumping this to see if anyone is still interested. Moved to NY last year-Ballston Lake, between Saratoga Springs and Albany- and thought I'd join the thread. Own at BLT and AKV. Originally from PA. Go Eagles!

I'm looking for some advice and experience stories about flying out of Westchester during Christmas. For some reason, they are the "cheapest" airport for the day I am looking at. However, they don't have an evening flight - latest is 4pm. I just don't think I have enough time to get through security etc.

How early do people get there and do you think there will be tremendous lines due to holidays? I have been there with no lines and I have been there with "decent" lines for security. I assume it would be busier due to upcoming Christmas holiday.

Sorry, I just saw this and realize it’s probably too late. But I’ll answer in case it helps anyone else. I love flying out of Westchester because it’s easier/less hassle to get to for me than the NYC airports. And it used to be you could just stroll in close to your flight and there’d barely be a line for TSA. But Jet Blue has been cramming in flights lately for an airport that isn’t designed for the volume. I have Pre Check, so the security wait hasn’t been an issue, but the regular TSA line has looked really long every time I’ve been there in the last year or so (I even saw it go out the door once). The seating area by the gates is always packed now.

Bumping this to see if anyone is still interested. Moved to NY last year-Ballston Lake, between Saratoga Springs and Albany- and thought I'd join the thread. Own at BLT and AKV. Originally from PA. Go Eagles!
Hey Neighbor~
We're in Burnt Hills!
We also own at BLT (and BWV), so neighbors on two fronts.
DD#1 is a Lafayette Grad, DD#3 is at Swarthmore. So, we have some PA conx as well.
Nice to meet you!

Hey Neighbor~
We're in Burnt Hills!
We also own at BLT (and BWV), so neighbors on two fronts.
DD#1 is a Lafayette Grad, DD#3 is at Swarthmore. So, we have some PA conx as well.
Nice to meet you!
OK. This is getting completely bizarre now. Not sure if you remember our conversation about being at BWV at the same time this year, but we have been having a lot in common lately-for two complete strangers anyway. I was actually a little disappointed I didn't have to buy any drinks. :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter