I love New York (& Disney), DVC owners group!

I'm in Nassau bordering Queens, and we're driving down at the end of August. I'm new to DVC. Bought VGF (sight unseen) during the pandemic, and had add-on-itis a couple of months later.

Yay for a NY DVC thread! Live in Manhattan and always fly JetBlue out of JFK ✈

Yep, my favorite airline out of JFK. I used to fly to PBI 2 or 3 times a year before we moved to Boca.

I'm in Nassau bordering Queens, and we're driving down at the end of August. I'm new to DVC. Bought VGF (sight unseen) during the pandemic, and had add-on-itis a couple of months later.

I used to live in Oceanside from 1988-2019.

Queens representing! We're a few minutes from LGA, but we'll generally take Delta from either LGA or JFK depending on the schedule. Or fly out of one and into the other, we're flexible.

Hi, brand new DVC owner here from Long Island on the Queens border. Just came back from a wdw trip and I must say Lga is beautiful even though traveling Southwest was less than great.

Hi, brand new DVC owner here from Long Island on the Queens border. Just came back from a wdw trip and I must say Lga is beautiful even though traveling Southwest was less than great.
Welcome to the group.

Queens representing! We're a few minutes from LGA, but we'll generally take Delta from either LGA or JFK depending on the schedule. Or fly out of one and into the other, we're flexible.

Same for us. We are in Queens and fly Delta from LGA or JFK, but we decide mostly based on price, and then by schedule.

’m curious from anyone in HV, NYC, or Albany area which airport you find most convenient. I use to use Stewart but they still don’t have flights. Looking at westchester and Albany now but nyc airports not out of question if they are easy.
I live in Southern Tier NY, but I’ve flown out of Albany Airport. You can get great deals on Allegiant to Sanford out of Albany. The Albany airport is small enough that it was pretty convenient.

NYC DVC owner here.
DVC since 2001 at WLV (now BRV)
Born in the Bronx (lived there through kindergarten)
Grew up in Nassau County
College in Ithaca (Tompkins County)
[oil industry job for ~ a year in Texas & Louisiana]
Back to Nassau County for ~ a year
Lived in Brooklyn (early 90s) for a year +
Been in Queens for 27+ years

There are many 'New Yorks.' Every downstate county is very different.
Upstate NY (meaning NOT the 7 counties north of NYC) has such variety. Lakes, mountains, wine country, frozen tundra, etc.

Welcome to the group fellow New Yorkers! It’s funny cause I live an hour north of the city and everyone I know In the city calls me upstate! 😂😂😂

Hey all, happy to join you! We're in the Capital District and usually drive (sometimes the whole way and sometimes take the AutoTrain from VA), but when we fly it's from Albany. We own at BLT and BWV.

Hey all, happy to join you! We're in the Capital District and usually drive (sometimes the whole way and sometimes take the AutoTrain from VA), but when we fly it's from Albany. We own at BLT and BWV.
Welcome KSL! I actually have been thinking about driving or trying the train for my next trip, cause my son (2) will not keep a mask on for 3 hours and im afraid of having an issue on the plane. How have your experiences on the train been?

Welcome KSL! I actually have been thinking about driving or trying the train for my next trip, cause my son (2) will not keep a mask on for 3 hours and im afraid of having an issue on the plane. How have your experiences on the train been?
I flew from FLL to JFK on Delta about 6 weeks ago to take my wife and daughter to live w/ the in laws in their summer home upstate (we all live in FL now) and my 2yo daughter didn't wear a mask the entire trip. We know she can't wear a mask for more than 10 minutes so we didn't bother with it. We had no issues in the airports or the plane.

Then again, that was before the delta variant started going rampant, so who knows what's going to happen when it's time to fly back down here in a few weeks.

Let us know what happens if you do end up taking a flight with your 2 yo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter