I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all Disney stuff codes as 2% back. I realize I am maybe stupid and in minority here but I put a couple hundred each month on my Disney premier. $2 for every $100 spent adds up.

Do you have a Target Red card, or a credit card that gives 5% back at office supply stores? You could buy Disney gift cards at 5% back, then use them at the Disney Store.

@gottalovepluto @SouthFayetteFan @calypso726

I am so grateful for all of the advice. I left to drive 2 hours to a wedding shortly after I posted, and was so excited to see all of your advice when I checked the Disboards after the wedding. I think I need to digest all of your advice and do the research you suggested, then come back here when I have more of the answers to your question. Thank you so much. And calypso726--I absolutely received your post advice in the kind and gentle way you intended. Much appreciated.

I received an offer in the mail from Chase today to upgrade my Disney card to the $49 AF version, and I’m tempted to do it. They’re offering me a $100 statement credit after first purchase to upgrade. So I could buy a $100 Disney GC and only pay the $49 AF for it. Does this sound like a bad idea? I would just want to make sure I could downgrade again after a year; my Disney card is one of my older cards so I wouldn’t want to have to close this account. Anyone have experience upgrading and then downgrading cards with Chase?
Are you worried about opening a new credit card? If you are trying to save slots for other credit cards I get it but if not the current offer on the Premier is spend $500 get a $200 Disney gift card. You can hold both the no AF Disney and the AF one at the same time.

TPG has a write up of what they consider some top value Marriotts about to switch to Cat 6 so they suggest booking that free night from your CC now. I'm not big on TPG as they make money from referrals and have no qualms about referring people to a card that is not running the best (or even decent) bonus it could be but I still think the article may be of interest to those of you with free night certs. I know many just jumped on the biz Marriott (I'm at 90%, obscenely high fwiw, of my income on CLs with Chase and I need it to stabilize my credit utilization ratio so I have not applied for a Marriott card & know nothing about this card FYI!) and as such may not have the certs yet but for those who do the domestic-ish highlights include Gaylords DC, Fairfield Inn International Drive Orlando, Autograph Collection's Algonquin New Brunswick, Canada & Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley. Cats change March 6 so book before! https://thepointsguy.com/2018/02/marriott-card-free-nights-book-by-march-6/

I want to say a big thank you to anyone who used my Disney Visa link! I know one gal who let me know that she did but someone else has as well. It may not be a DIS'er as I posted on that DOC thread when @SouthFayetteFan mentioned it but I was really late to getting my link up. Anyways, if you read this and you used my link, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

TPG has a write up of what they consider some top value Marriotts about to switch to Cat 6 so they suggest booking that free night from your CC now. I'm not big on TPG as they make money from referrals and have no qualms about referring people to a card that is not running the best (or even decent) bonus it could be but I still think the article may be of interest to those of you with free night certs. I know many just jumped on the biz Marriott (I'm at 90%, obscenely high fwiw, of my income on CLs with Chase and I need it to stabilize my credit utilization ratio so I have not applied for a Marriott card & know nothing about this card FYI!) and as such may not have the certs yet but for those who do the domestic-ish highlights include Gaylords DC, Fairfield Inn International Drive Orlando, Autograph Collection's Algonquin New Brunswick, Canada & Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley. Cats change March 6 so book before! https://thepointsguy.com/2018/02/marriott-card-free-nights-book-by-march-6/

its def in line with SPG's category changes...

I want to say a big thank you to anyone who used my Disney Visa link! I know one gal who let me know that she did but someone else has as well. It may not be a DIS'er as I posted on that DOC thread when @SouthFayetteFan mentioned it but I was really late to getting my link up. Anyways, if you read this and you used my link, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!
Congrats! Very happy for you - I also reaped the benefit of a couple referrals from either DoC, DISchurners or r/churning.

As a side note, that new Disney Visa bonus became a little contentious on r/churning actually, lol. People were saying that those posting links or discussing the Disney card were misleading people and pushing bad cards on people. I find the lack of "personal responsibility" amusing on these threads sometimes...perhaps it's some snowflake syndrome (ooooh snap!). I mean seriously, an offer comes out, people share how to take advantage of it...IMO it's on those applying to make an educated decision. It was $200 for $500 spend at a 40% return...It's a decent offer. You can ask for advice, listen to what others say, etc...but ultimately people need to be responsible for making their own decisions in this game. Sorry for my little rant, but it just drives me crazy.

Congrats! Very happy for you - I also reaped the benefit of a couple referrals from either DoC, DISchurners or r/churning.

As a side note, that new Disney Visa bonus became a little contentious on r/churning actually, lol. People were saying that those posting links or discussing the Disney card were misleading people and pushing bad cards on people. I find the lack of "personal responsibility" amusing on these threads sometimes...perhaps it's some snowflake syndrome (ooooh snap!). I mean seriously, an offer comes out, people share how to take advantage of it...IMO it's on those applying to make an educated decision. It was $200 for $500 spend at a 40% return...It's a decent offer. You can ask for advice, listen to what others say, etc...but ultimately people need to be responsible for making their own decisions in this game. Sorry for my little rant, but it just drives me crazy.

No one said they used my link on DOC but maybe someone did. It has to be either from there or here. Either way, I'm super grateful! And thank YOU for posting about the DOC blog where we could post our referrals. I got a little miffed at him...truly my own fault but was in the mood to project on someone else...because I posted my link right after you put the post here. I was only a few people after you but I did it wrong so he deleted my post. I posted it again early the next morning, correctly, and he kept it pending all day while many others were going up. So, I figured it was too far down the list to really get used but maybe it did ?? :)

And yes, I totally agree with you. I'll not be anyone's keeper on which cards they should or should not apply for. It's up to them...give advice, help them upderstand, yada, yada, but ultimately, we all have to learn what works for us and our needs. The Disney card is an awesome card for many people...lots just want it cause it's DIsney!...Many have no intention of opening up 5/24 and therefore, the $200 return on $500 spend is an all out steal.

Do you have a Target Red card, or a credit card that gives 5% back at office supply stores? You could buy Disney gift cards at 5% back, then use them at the Disney Store.

I use the premier Disney visa for certain Disney things that require a credit card instead of gift cards. I.e. HDDR and EMM both require pre payment by credit card not gift cards. And they don’t code as restaurant or travel with Chase so not a 3 times UR. I also haven’t wanted to use a 5/24 slot to get a better all around not bonus category related gas and grocery card. I use the Disney for that when other cards don’t apply. I use the gift cards for Disney the most but occasionally they don’t work.

I use the premier Disney visa for certain Disney things that require a credit card instead of gift cards. I.e. HDDR and EMM both require pre payment by credit card not gift cards. And they don’t code as restaurant or travel with Chase so not a 3 times UR. I also haven’t wanted to use a 5/24 slot to get a better all around not bonus category related gas and grocery card. I use the Disney for that when other cards don’t apply. I use the gift cards for Disney the most but occasionally they don’t work.

I'm pretty sure I used a Disney gc to pay for EMM last year, I called and booked it over the phone with a CM.

I recall some talk of Hawaii trips on here, I got an AmEx offer for Hilton in Hawaii 2018:

"Get a 1X $200 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $1,000+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Hilton properties in Hawaii from 2/23/18 to 7/31/18. Book direct with Hilton."

Thank u! I just added it to our card. We were planning thanksgiving or New Years, but I am not opposed to summer.

Thanks for all the helpful tips on trying to get my Miami flight refunded/changed. Unfortunately, change fee would have been $200 plus the difference of whatever other flight I would use it on eventually. Unfortunately, we have no other plans to fly anywhere this year currently, as our only other trips will be driving. There's a chance we'll go to Orlando at the end of the year, but American flights definitely aren't convenient there for us and definitely wouldn't be worth the change fee for us. So I lost the points :(

I'm (mostly) over my pity party. Just really wanted a mostly free vacation!!

I did feel a little better today after learning I'll be going to my first horse show of the season in two weeks. As most of my horse shows are, it's in the middle of nowhere with no good hotel chains, so I'll use this opportunity to book though hotels.com to collect nights towards a free night.
well,it happens to all of us from time to time..... last year,I totally wasted a chunk of UR points on a night in a hotel for two families, based on reviews I thought it would be a nice getaway...it was Nonrefundable too, and it was NOT a great experience....I could have booked elsewhere nearby for less but I made the choice and was stuck with this.... it irritates me still that I chose wrong and a NR rate.....lol but I get it....

can someone help me understand my Jetblue cc statement here? I PIF 2/22 on offer of get 60k/1k spend total spend incl. AF is $1115.71.....($1016.71) still no points posted to account..... am I doing something wrong? this seems oddly slow

Today I love my Discover It card! I haven't really used it as much as I should have this first year (first year ends March 18th I think), but I was sitting here contemplating my budget for the upcoming June trip. Everything is paid for except for dining and spending while there. I remembered that Discover's current category included wholesale clubs AND I'm still in my cashback match period. So I got the $500 Disney e-gift card from Sam's online for $484.98. Between the cashback I've yet to redeem from my last statement many months ago, what I'll earn on the gift card purchase, and the cashback match that I'll get in April (won't pay the gift card off until May because I have 0% APR until June and want to put all of my cashback towards it then)...I'll be paying $401.18 for $500 to spend at Disney! $98.82 free Disney money!

Today I love my Discover It card! I haven't really used it as much as I should have this first year (first year ends March 18th I think), but I was sitting here contemplating my budget for the upcoming June trip. Everything is paid for except for dining and spending while there. I remembered that Discover's current category included wholesale clubs AND I'm still in my cashback match period. So I got the $500 Disney e-gift card from Sam's online for $484.98. Between the cashback I've yet to redeem from my last statement many months ago, what I'll earn on the gift card purchase, and the cashback match that I'll get in April (won't pay the gift card off until May because I have 0% APR until June and want to put all of my cashback towards it then)...I'll be paying $401.18 for $500 to spend at Disney! $98.82 free Disney money!

That's great, congrats! I loved my Discover It card the first year...it doesn't get a lot of love like some of the others but I used the heck out of it for the first year cash back and still think it's great for the wholesale clubs option this quarter. I actually max its 5% category out before my Chase Freedoms (intentionally).

Ugh I thought I’d be able to use Apple Pay on Disney’s website, but I can’t. Need to buy one day tickets today. Dis eh store doesn’t sell one day tickets. Tickets through Disney don’t code as travel. Was hoping my husbands new cip would have arrived to start the minimum spend, but it hasn’t.

I have a csr, cfu, cf, cip and discover it available. Which would be the best one to use? Or any place in store I could buy a $500 disney gift card today? Staples with Apple Pay? I don’t have a bjs nearby.

can someone help me understand my Jetblue cc statement here? I PIF 2/22 on offer of get 60k/1k spend total spend incl. AF is $1115.71.....($1016.71) still no points posted to account..... am I doing something wrong? this seems oddly slow
Did the statement actually close or did you just pay Early?

Ugh I thought I’d be able to use Apple Pay on Disney’s website, but I can’t. Need to buy one day tickets today. Dis eh store doesn’t sell one day tickets. Tickets through Disney don’t code as travel. Was hoping my husbands new cip would have arrived to start the minimum spend, but it hasn’t.

I have a csr, cfu, cf, cip and discover it available. Which would be the best one to use? Or any place in store I could buy a $500 disney gift card today? Staples with Apple Pay? I don’t have a bjs nearby.

Chase pay Walmart.com e gift card with CF and redeem at sams for Disney gc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter