I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, there was a DP on Reddit today of someone who used a US Bank card on Plastiq being charged a cash advance fee. (Personally, I'm too scared of being shut down my US Bank to even try a Plastiq charge on one of their cards, they've developed a shut-down happy reputation for those that haven't already heard.)

Just went into my Amex account and my 25,000 SPG points posted for my SPG Biz!! My last charge to meet the spend posted 1/29. Woot-woot! (And I haven't a clue what I'll do with them but I'm very excited to have them!) (Fwiw they are also showing in my SPG login and appear to be available for immediate use.)

No, no, no AU. It costs extra money ($75 I think) and takes up a space in your chase count.

Go into his acct online and order a replacement card and choose the option that the current card is damaged (not lost!). They will send a new card and his current card will still work. New card goes in your wallet. I am currently doing this on DHs account and it works great.

ETA: yes downgrade yours to CF or CFU

Thank you! This is why I ask - I had a hunch there would be a better way!!

Maybe, but since you already have a biz card you could offer to shift credit over from that card. I would avoid dropping CLs with Chase because once you drop it you're stuck, Chase won't give it back to you. Also, like @deide71 says you need to pay attention to your credit utilization ratio. As close as you can get that puppy to 0% the better you are. Check Credit Karma to see where you're at. As someone just starting out this part killed me at the beginning because meeting a minimum spend on a card drove my utilization to like 30-40% and my credit score would drop like 40 points and take a few months to recover. If you have lots of available credit you can drop CLs and not be affected, if you don't you'll want to tread lighter when considering dropping CLs.

I'm only at 4% currently (paying both Chase cards tonight) so I think I'm good on credit utilization. Thanks for the tip though! I think I'll just keep things where they're at and offer to move if it becomes an issue on CIP.

I don’t see it but I have been trying to catch up with the thread (you have to check every couple of hours you get behind even a day). BUT for those with Hyatt Credit cards there is a new deal. I plan to buy gift cards and only spend the $300 as my Hyatt only has a $5000 limit as I am only keeping it now for the free night every year. It is a decent card though and deals like this help.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2018/02/01/hyatt-credit-card-grocery-store-statement-credit/

I got an email from Hyatt to register my card yesterday. I also plan on just purchasing grocery gift cards.

• No problems at all with the 2 rooms booked with the UR points. We were connecting as we wanted and were happy with staying onsite. Past couple years when all 5 of us we have been off site so being on was a fun change. I did book a bounceback so the next challenge will be to call Chase and try to pay with UR points.

As long as you do it before the 30day mark you should be good. It took mine a week to transfer so leave some buffer room. Here is some info on my process, Melissa was great!

• I used the Priority Pass that comes with the Reserve for the first time! We got off the train at MCO yesterday morning and instead of going left to our gate I told DH to follow me and we went right. Found Club MCO without problem. We got some basic breakfast without charge and more importantly free coffee! The family was impressed (and maybe a little confused) but hey they are used to me.

We did this the last trip, I looked around and it looked like we'd clearly be able to get back to the left terminals but when we returned there was suddenly a wall! Took us off guard but thank goodness for PreCheck!

I got an email from Hyatt to register my card yesterday. I also plan on just purchasing grocery gift cards.
I used a few chase offers on my Marriott Card. Bought a gift card at Lowe’s and one at Whole Foods. I never got the credits (I’m thinking because I bought gift cards). This is probably different but I thought I would mention it.

I think there might be a glitch on the United website... I wanted to see how many miles we would need if we visited 4 islands using only United.

I did 5 flights, Departure - 3 island hops and return. It said I need 59k points and $11.20 in fees.

That's 45k for the round trip + $11.20 fees and 14k, no fees, for the 3 hops.
https://flic.kr/p/22W1WBy
https://flic.kr/p/22Dr7pz
Sorry, don't know how to insert pictures.

Is this right or is there a glitch?

You can try but recent reports are people have to call in now.

I just PCed a CSP to Freedom but had to call. I'm not sure why the change to requiring a call - the person I talked to didn't even ask me why I wanted to change the card, much less try to convince me to keep it. Three minutes on the phone, and most of that was reading some disclosures (maybe that's why?).

Just went into my Amex account and my 25,000 SPG points posted for my SPG Biz!! My last charge to meet the spend posted 1/29. Woot-woot! (And I haven't a clue what I'll do with them but I'm very excited to have them!) (Fwiw they are also showing in my SPG login and appear to be available for immediate use.)

I am glad you got them. Monday is 10 weeks since we meet the spend on DH’s Delta Platinum Business. I will contact them. Not going to lie it is making me a little bitter against Amex. You can always transfer your SPG to Delta or another partner airline. No fees and the 5000 bonus on 20k transfer is way nice.

As long as you do it before the 30day mark you should be good. It took mine a week to transfer so leave some buffer room. Here is some info on my process, Melissa was great!

We did this the last trip, I looked around and it looked like we'd clearly be able to get back to the left terminals but when we returned there was suddenly a wall! Took us off guard but thank goodness for PreCheck!

Thanks for the information!!! I am exhausted and don’t feel like calling them today but will try Monday.

We did the Priority Pass after security in B terminal. We were flying Delta and it was right around the corner of where you get off the tram; by gate 90. I was glad we had gone through security as it was our plane was already boarding when we got there. The lounge was nice enough we didn’t want to leave!

I used a few chase offers on my Marriott Card. Bought a gift card at Lowe’s and one at Whole Foods. I never got the credits (I’m thinking because I bought gift cards). This is probably different but I thought I would mention it.

When the Hyatt card had the deal at whole foods back in the summer I got a bb gc and my statement credit. It could have changed and it's always good to check for dps but it was a visa offer like this one.

I just PCed a CSP to Freedom but had to call. I'm not sure why the change to requiring a call - the person I talked to didn't even ask me why I wanted to change the card, much less try to convince me to keep it. Three minutes on the phone, and most of that was reading some disclosures (maybe that's why?).
I think they changed it to give them a chance to sell people on keeping the cards. They tried to sell my fam member who downgraded on keeping the card but she didn't bite. Apparently, they aren't too pushy about it though.

If anyone is interested, Discover’s checking account is giving 1% cash back for the MO I bought at my grocery store. The 1% is limited to 3,000 a month. Not much, but between my SO and I that’s an extra $54 a month for making a quick stop at customer service during my grocery shops.

Due to an additional propery purchase, we owe our escrow acct a good bit for property taxes. I'm interested in paying via plastiq. I did read through the reddit post. Since I'm paying to my mortgage company I'm confused if it will work. Mortgage company is First Citizens Bank. Any thoughts?....

Due to an additional propery purchase, we owe our escrow acct a good bit for property taxes. I'm interested in paying via plastiq. I did read through the reddit post. Since I'm paying to my mortgage company I'm confused if it will work. Mortgage company is First Citizens Bank. Any thoughts?....

I assume you want to pay with the CIP? You will want to just try it and see if plastiq accepts the payment or not. Chances are that they will not as I think they have caught on to most mortgage company payments and is rejecting them. If it is rejected, I'd start trying to variations of the name of the bank...maybe 1st Citizens Bank or 1st Citizens...Just try some things to see if you can get it accepted. I'm paying Provident Funding with Attn: Cashier in the main line and Provident isn't until the second address line and that has gone through. @vanjust14 figured that out and shared :)

Good luck! If all else fails, refinance with Mr. Cooper lol!

I assume you want to pay with the CIP? You will want to just try it and see if plastiq accepts the payment or not. Chances are that they will not as I think they have caught on to most mortgage company payments and is rejecting them. If it is rejected, I'd start trying to variations of the name of the bank...maybe 1st Citizens Bank or 1st Citizens...Just try some things to see if you can get it accepted. I'm paying Provident Funding with Attn: Cashier in the main line and Provident isn't until the second address line and that has gone through. @vanjust14 figured that out and shared :)

Good luck! If all else fails, refinance with Mr. Cooper lol!

Ah ok, I didn't realize you would know immediately. I'll play around with it. We have CIPs, so I can use...but we need to meet spends on CIC and a personal mariott, so I was debating putting it one of those, wonder how it codes on the CIC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter