I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting quirk in CSR accounts receiving points adjustments for the Chase Pay 10x promo at Best Buy.

I got the 2,700 points adjustment but didn't notice any additional points in my pending amount. SMed Chase about it and they said "in event of a points adjustment being made on the account, the adjustment is effective immediately. The 2,700 points credit is already reflecting under the total Ultimate Rewards points balance, and is currently available for redemption. Hence, it is not included under the pending points balance on the account."

yeah, but i thought id get denied and ask me to allocate. most of my chase cards are already the minimum allowed(except for my CFU)... so i think im basically done with them...
They did that on one of mine, just reallocated credit and sent a letter. $5k each card. Then the next card was the Disney card and gave me $15k. My total credit from Chase is more than my salary. Crazy!
In other news, my Chase mortgage was debited from my Chase checking account twice yesterday. :scared1:

Hi everyone, I've been reading on here for the last couple of weeks and think I am ready to jump in here. You all have such great advice and seem like a nice bunch!

A little about me:

Married with 2 kids (2 and 4), DVC members, live in Boston area. I've been using a Chase Disney Visa (the one with the fee) for as long as I can remember. I will PC to the free version before my next AF hits. My husband doesn't *think* he has gotten any new cards in many years, and is willing to get a new one or two.

Husband stays mainly at Hiltons for work, occasionally Marriott – has to book all work travel with company card.

Recently I acquired the CSR (on 1/18/18) and already hit the minimum spend. I also applied for JetBlue Plus on 1/30/18 and am waiting for it to arrive in the next week. So now I think I'm done until 4/19/18 - is that right? When I'm able to, I'm thinking about applying for SW Premier and Business to try to get the CP. Do I apply for both on the same day?

I'm thinking DH should go for the CIP, unless there are better suggestions. We have a DVC loan (I know, I know) that we are able to pay off. I kind of just forgot about it since it gets autodrafted from my account each month. Will this code as travel? If so, my thoughts are pay it with the CIP, get the 3x points and use it for the minimum spend. Pay off immediately.

Travel plans for next year include trip from Boston to Phoenix (stay with inlaws) and then fly to CA to visit Disneyland for a few days (could use SW for these flights). Really want to travel 1st class from LAX to Boston. Hoping to use combo JB points/UR points for this. Hoping we'll be able to stay at Grand Californian on DVC points, but not sure we'll get in at 7 months booking window.

WDW in late fall- will stay on DVC points, but would like to cover flights on either SW or JB.

Our travel for this year is already paid for except the remaining balance on a cruise in the fall.

Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Using the cip I got 3x for paying Dvc for a dining plan for a night so hopefully you will get it for paying your balance. I do remember someone got 3x for paying annual dues.
Check the reddit group for a link if your dh applies for the cip.

From what it sounds like you can still apply for sw to get the cp. need to have at least 30 days since last app for a bus Card.

Interesting quirk in CSR accounts receiving points adjustments for the Chase Pay 10x promo at Best Buy.

I got the 2,700 points adjustment but didn't notice any additional points in my pending amount. SMed Chase about it and they said "in event of a points adjustment being made on the account, the adjustment is effective immediately. The 2,700 points credit is already reflecting under the total Ultimate Rewards points balance, and is currently available for redemption. Hence, it is not included under the pending points balance on the account."
Funny Bc it didn’t change my total. I’ll have to message them.

Priority Pass question
We are flying swa into mco. Do we have to go back through security?
Flying out of mco same thing do we have to go back through security?
Trying to figure out our plans since it’s less than a month away :-)

I think there might be a glitch on the United website... I wanted to see how many miles we would need if we visited 4 islands using only United.

I did 5 flights, Departure - 3 island hops and return. It said I need 59k points and $11.20 in fees.

That's 45k for the round trip + $11.20 fees and 14k, no fees, for the 3 hops.
https://flic.kr/p/22W1WBy
https://flic.kr/p/22Dr7pz
Sorry, don't know how to insert pictures.

Is this right or is there a glitch?
Wait. I'm thourougly confused. If the trip is approx 120K round trip as shown in your pics (which are fine btw) where is the 45K round trip coming from?

Last edited:
Wait. I'm thourougly confused. If the trip is approx 120K round trip as shown in your pics (which are fine btw) where is the 45K round trip coming from?
It's 59K total, not 2 - 59K, I was just showing the 5 different flights since I couldn't get all 5 flights on one screen.

The total for 5 one way flights is 59K miles,$11.20 in fees.

Did it on my phone to show all 5 flights on one screen

https://flic.kr/p/22DT2ND

Last edited:
Ah ok, I didn't realize you would know immediately. I'll play around with it. We have CIPs, so I can use...but we need to meet spends on CIC and a personal mariott, so I was debating putting it one of those, wonder how it codes on the CIC...

Yep, it will tell you if it cannot process the payment. I'm not sure on the CIC or Marriott. I think both of those would code 1x which would have you eating some of the processing fees. I'd only do this if you have no other way to meet the MSR. I think only the CIP codes 3x...

Both of my dd's need their wisdom teeth removed...Boo, hiss, the pain that awaits...oh...wait...it's gonna cost $923 for one girl and $1250 for the other...hmm, ok, I should be able to put that towards these MSR's that I am having trouble meeting...Sure! Let's remove those teeth right away!! The sooner the better, I do so agree Dr. Oral Surgeon! You don't say?? The MSR's have been met? I can apply for a new card? Really? :blushing: Well, ok, what's next? :)

In all seriousness, dd15 will have hers out in next month. DD17, who is chronically ill, will wait another 6 mos to see if her health improves during that time. She'll do much better if not battling so much and her wisdom teeth aren't causing so much problems...thank God for her big mouth!!!

It's 59K total, not 2 - 59K, I was just showing the 5 different flights since I couldn't get all 5 flights on one screen.

The total for 5 one way flights is 59K miles,$11.20 in fees.

Did it on my phone to show all 5 flights on one screen

https://flic.kr/p/22DT2ND
I am not familiar at all with United's award flights but seems like a great deal! Hope you booked before it goes up!

Oh man, I was like 26 pages behind from being gone and spent yesterday trying to read everything!

We should have had a meetup, I've seen so many people who were in WDW... we were there from the 26th to 31st. I figured out why it was so hard to get the 30th booked at the Dolphin - Sherwin Williams convention :) Also, I'm so glad we aren't the only ones noticing how busy it was... This was only our second January trip, and 4th overall. But we went exactly the same days last year, over the ProBowl weekend, just left Wednesday morning last year instead of evening. Last year we were doing wedding research (we told people... ;)) and really had about 3.5ish days total, so we did 2 MK/1.5 Epcot (we also wanted to watch Illuminations twice because we had a dessert party in the Italy area for our wedding, and wanted to see what we had signed up for - good thing because the first night the globe didn't light up, and we were very confused by the middle portion of the show :rotfl: Like, this is nice, but why do people love it so much?).

I was told those phone will work on ANY register.
So far I've had no trouble with Samsung Pay anywhere. I haven't tried it at say, the gas station, but grocery store, stores, restaurants where you swipe yourself...

Samsung Pay will not work on ANY register, but it does work on a lot more than Apple Pay, even when the NFC symbol is not there. I use Samsung Pay and love the convenience. And if it were not for Chase Freedom offering 5x this quarter, I never would have started using it. Now I use it all the time.
That's the only reason I started using Samsung Pay... and it was more like, just in case I get a Freedom during Q1. Yes, I have a problem. I tried it out first on the vending machines at work in case I had trouble, so I wouldn't be holding up a line :rotfl:

A few days??!??! I can't go a few hours without checking in lol!

Also For those wondering, vaca at WDW has been great so far but January is definitely seeing an uptick in crowds. Still has to be one of the slowest times though.
Usually I check every few hours, but I knew I couldn't keep up like that on the trip! Haha!

I was there last week and the crowds were unbelievable. We always go in January to avoid crowds, and the crowd calendar predictions for last week were low, but there were hordes of people everywhere. I couldn't believe the wait times for the heavy hitter attractions, and at one point there was even a 30 minute wait for Living with the Land. It wasn't as enjoyable a trip as in past years, and I don't think there will truly be a slow time at WDW again. The weather was perfect for us though.
I almost died last week when I saw that LWTL was 20mins in the morning... we were going to grab something from Sunshine Seasons and I thought, surely it will go down if we do that first, but no, it went up to 30 mins! I never saw it that long when we were there in September even!

I need to vent: I help my parents with their CC bonuses. Super responsible, mom is into this, dad is scared of losing his perfect credit score but after free flights to hawaii came on board. I helped them set with a BRM for their legit business's CIPs and offered the next card as the CIC. My father applies with his BRM for the extra points and everytime I asked him about it "I haven't heard anything, I'm sure I'll get something soon." end of convo. Finally a couple weeks after the app he calls the BRM- who is out for 2 weeks. He won't do anything else even after I explain he should have received a letter and needs to talk to Chase to find out what is happening because something is wrong. He won't. Whatever, throw my hands up and go about my holidays. Finally gets hold of BRM a month after the app and has to shift credit from from CIP for approval. Gets approved. Finally! lol- no. 2 weeks later no letters, no cards, one email saying congrats you were approved. I tell him he has to call, something is wrong. Says, it'll come I need to be patient. One week later calls Chase. Chase says yes, he was approved 3 weeks ago, they sent the card to [insert very old address here] and it was sent back to Chase. Chase agrees to expedite new CIC, should have it by Tues.

May this be a reminder of the pitfalls of family and friends you help with this journey. Even once they seem to be on board they can change from enthused to dumb and lazy and screw themselves over- and blame you for the hassle. His lazy rear finally did what needed to be done, but he almost lost his new card and gained a hard pull. I can't imagine Chase would have kept that account open in perpetuity and he now has almost a month less to meet his spend (lucky Chase uses 115 days from approval instead of 90 days / 3 months exact like other issuers- although he doesn't deserve those extra days). (I try to help because they travel on these points and my mom loves to travel while dad can stay at home forever but is happy once he gets out to travel. The points get them traveling and that keeps them a bit happier.)
We were just talking about people we will not help or offer credit cards to anymore.

DH's friend, who we referred for a Disney card for some free spending money when he came to our wedding - his score isn't that great, I don't think, so hopefully his limit wasn't too high, but he immediately ran it up to the limit and is just paying the minimum.
DH's aunt, who we also referred clicked some email or pop up the day after applying and got a computer virus, and ended up spending $200 to get it fixed. Obviously these aren't connected, but they are in her mind, so...
DH's brothers, because one we don't trust to be responsible (a year or two ago he complained to DH that Capital One wouldn't raise his limit even though he'd had the card for years... it's always been 50%-75% utilization...) and the other just won't do it, which hurts me because he and his partner flip houses and I believe they have one business card and one personal each. All the points!

We just got back from WDW yesterday and I agree we should have planned a churners meet! Sounds like a couple of us were there at the same time. Couple random thoughts on trip that is relevant to the those who “love credit cards so much!”
  • Mobile ordering is awesome unless you are trying to use gift cards or Apple Pay. It just charges your card directly.
  • I used the Priority Pass that comes with the Reserve for the first time! We got off the train at MCO yesterday morning and instead of going left to our gate I told DH to follow me and we went right. Found Club MCO without problem. We got some basic breakfast without charge and more importantly free coffee! The family was impressed (and maybe a little confused) but hey they are used to me.
I haven't tried mobile ordering yet because we usually pay for everything with gift cards I've earned for free or picked up at a discount.

I'd like to try the lounge just for free food/snacks vs paying for anything in the terminal... I'm not a big fan of the options...

We did this the last trip, I looked around and it looked like we'd clearly be able to get back to the left terminals but when we returned there was suddenly a wall! Took us off guard but thank goodness for PreCheck!
That's exactly why I haven't tried! :)

I used a few chase offers on my Marriott Card. Bought a gift card at Lowe’s and one at Whole Foods. I never got the credits (I’m thinking because I bought gift cards). This is probably different but I thought I would mention it.
I never got the credit at Lowe's either, so I never tried any of the other offers. I might have tried Whole Foods but it isn't super convenient for me.

Priority Pass question
We are flying swa into mco. Do we have to go back through security?
Flying out of mco same thing do we have to go back through security?
Trying to figure out our plans since it’s less than a month away :-)
There is a good chance you might have to go through security. When an international flight lands in the terminal where the lounge is, they pull a temporary wall across so that the people getting off the train have to go out of the secure area instead of being able to cut over to the other terminal. We've had such poor security experiences the two times we've been since I got PP that we haven't tried and don't plan on it until we get PreCheck/GE squared away.

No, no, no AU. It costs extra money ($75 I think) and takes up a space in your chase count.

Go into his acct online and order a replacement card and choose the option that the current card is damaged (not lost!). They will send a new card and his current card will still work. New card goes in your wallet. I am currently doing this on DHs account and it works great.

ETA: yes downgrade yours to CF or CFU
when you get the new card you activate it?

For today... Night shift was off, so I had to come in at 3am to cover the last half and do the shutdown part. It's an off weekend. Not 100% sure what next week will hold overall...

That sounds painful...hopefully you have another trip in the works (plus us!) to help the hours pass!

• I used the Priority Pass that comes with the Reserve for the first time! We got off the train at MCO yesterday morning and instead of going left to our gate I told DH to follow me and we went right. Found Club MCO without problem. We got some basic breakfast without charge and more importantly free coffee! The family was impressed (and maybe a little confused) but hey they are used to me.
That is cool.so the PP lounge is a left off the tram? I want to look for it on my next trip-how many guests does it allow in on my card?

I am glad you got them. Monday is 10 weeks since we meet the spend on DH’s Delta Platinum Business. I will contact them. Not going to lie it is making me a little bitter against Amex. You can always transfer your SPG to Delta or another partner airline. No fees and the 5000 bonus on 20k transfer is way nice.

Thanks for the information!!! I am exhausted and don’t feel like calling them today but will try Monday.

We did the Priority Pass after security in B terminal. We were flying Delta and it was right around the corner of where you get off the tram; by gate 90. I was glad we had gone through security as it was our plane was already boarding when we got there. The lounge was nice enough we didn’t want to leave!
I'm freaking out right now after I went in search of pp lounge info I read on FT that apparently I can access the Amex Plat lounge using my pp card???? is this true? If it is,then I'm mentally kicking myself for the past 6 trips walking right past it at the airport for our early am flights with McD's in our hands......:faint::sick::sick::sick: if it's true then I'm going to make an effort to find that lounge on upcoming trip!!! bleh, it's one 'perk' I've never even used.....

I know when booking open jaw like to Europe United will give you a point to point in Europe for free. USA to Rome for 30k, Venice to Paris 0k, Paris to USA 30k. Trip total of 60k.

That to Paris leg included a 10 hour layover in Munich during the day for a good amount of knocking off before continuing to Paris in early evening.

I Southwest out of Tulsa a bit. I have discovered that sometimes during fare sales that booking a seperate tickets for each leg is less points than a connecting fare. For example TUL to OAK via DEN a couple of months ago was more points than TUL to DEN and then a DEN to OAK. It doesn't hurt to check that when looking to book and you are only sporting a carry on.

I'm freaking out right now after I went in search of pp lounge info I read on FT that apparently I can access the Amex Plat lounge using my pp card???? is this true? If it is,then I'm mentally kicking myself for the past 6 trips walking right past it at the airport for our early am flights with McD's in our hands......:faint::sick::sick::sick: if it's true then I'm going to make an effort to find that lounge on upcoming trip!!! bleh, it's one 'perk' I've never even used.....
Can you link that thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter