I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was interested before it was even pulled. I have a Thank You Preferred that I did not apply for. I had an old Citi card that was phased out and automatically transferred to the Thank You Preferred.

I am not sure if I would even qualify for the new bonus because of the "card opened or closed" in the past 24-months statement. Would a forced product change with no bonus count as an "opened" card?

This was me as well. Assume you also had the good ole' Citi Forward (and formerly college version...Uverse, was it??)? :D

Think I recall reading from DOC that the forced PC did count, but will need to go back and reread to confirm.

Venmo will charge a fee.

If you were you I’d do PNC. You’ll get a bonus for the checking and you can fund it with 2K. You can do a savings too no bonus but another 2K done. I did both for a card over the summer

Venmo will charge a fee (3%), but it's offset by the fact that it earns 3x on the CIP. Just don't do the 5K all at once obviously :)

Is anybody in our group churning AA cards? Are people looking for personal, business, or both offers? I'm continuing to read up on this personally as it could become a minor part of my 2019 strategy and just want to know who else wants to be kept up to speed on things if I find anything out OR anything changes.
Add me, I’m not ready but have received mailers I could share.

No. Sorry. 9/11/18. So just got 4 months ago. I thought this was the card that everyone was closing and opening every 95 days (for Business cards)
Ok yes - that is correct. (sorry I'm just used to people listing cards opening dates MM/YY).

You would want to close that, then secure an AA biz mailer without the 24 mo. language :)

If you want a few adventures, check out Above & Beyond Alaska (we did a private kakak to Mendenhall Glacier and then trekked up the glacier itself). They provided everything and a guide and it was fantastic. Also, DH and DD booked an excursion with Snorkel Alaska in Ketchikan - they loved it, it wasn't expensive, and it's become a fun conversation topic over the years.

Snorkeling in Alaska is on my list for our cruise next year. Glad to hear from someone I "know" that's actually done it that it was good :) It gets good reviews but it's still nice to find someone who enjoyed it. And I've noted the glacier one too, I think I can get hubby into that one at least. (He might come on the snorkel trip just to laugh at me but he has no interest in snorkeling in a wetsuit. )

This morning I was happy - just met MSR on BBP, SW Priority and Biz - awaiting arrival of Hyatt. I was quietly content that there would be no new cards in my plan for a couple of months.

Then y'all had to start going on about churning AA cards......... :badpc::guilty:>:(

On that note....can someone please remind me if Citi and Barclays Biz cards report to your personal credit - I know Chase and Amex don't but unsure of the others.....TIA

If I use URs to book a rental car through the CSR portal, will I still get the primary car rental insurance? Or do I need to pay some or all with my CSR?

This morning I was happy - just met MSR on BBP, SW Priority and Biz - awaiting arrival of Hyatt. I was quietly content that there would be no new cards in my plan for a couple of months.

Then y'all had to start going on about churning AA cards......... :badpc::guilty:>:(

On that note....can someone please remind me if Citi and Barclays Biz cards report to your personal credit - I know Chase and Amex don't but unsure of the others.....TIA
Based on most reports the following issuers DO NOT report business cards to personal credit reports:
AMEX, Barclays, BofA, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo
*Some sources say Barclays has mixed reports on this but DoC contends that is just people who were confusing inquiries with accounts.

Capital One apparently DOES report biz cards to personal so you might want to avoid them...unless somebody knows otherwise

Is anybody in our group churning AA cards? Are people looking for personal, business, or both offers? I'm continuing to read up on this personally as it could become a minor part of my 2019 strategy and just want to know who else wants to be kept up to speed on things if I find anything out OR anything changes.
I plan to apply for my second Citi AA Business card this week, and I plan to purchase a mailer code on r/churningmarketplace. I have three personal mailers, and I was about to go full Graavy Train with the personal cards, but then I learned I could apply for a second Chase CIP with my EIN. Now the Graavy Train may be delayed a couple of months.

For those who were discussing Delta cards, just a reminder that there are currently targeted 75,000 mile offers available for both the personal and business cards with no lifetime language, so you can receive the bonus even if you have had the card before. Apparently a new round of people were targeted on 1/2. You can use the link on this DOC page to see if you are targeted: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv...es-200-statement-credit-no-lifetime-language/

Came home to find DH got SW drink coupons in the mail :drinking1

Random note . . . I finally got my SPG Business free night. It posted yesterday 1/3. My anniversary date was 10/24, and my fee posted on 11/18. Took em long enough - geez!
Mine finally posted too. We had a similar timeline.

Opening date 10/16/17
Got the same email on 11/2/18
AF billed/statement closed 11/9/18
Payment due 12/5
No sign of free night yet :(

Actually interesting, I waited 9 more days? :confused3

Came home to find DH got SW drink coupons in the mail :drinking1

Mine finally posted too. We had a similar timeline.

Actually interesting, I waited 9 more days? :confused3

Fly SW all the time but on RR points...if they are sending us any someone at the PO is enjoying free drinks....lol

To the PP who was asking about VIP tours at Disneyland (hoping you'll see this message; forgot to add yours to the quote function and now I can't remember where it was): you do need a separate entrance ticket to DL. At least when I did our VIP tour there several years ago, it did not include park entry. I also can't remember exactly how much the VIP tour was, but it was significant (I want to say something like $250 per person). The cool thing about when we did it is we combined with CaliforniaGirl's family (so split the cost between the two families), and managed to arrange it so our tour guide was one of the ABD guides we had on our Scotland ABD who we absolutely adore. So it was super fun.

Your memory is good! It was $2000 (ish) for 6 hours and up to 10 people. We had 8 making it about $250 a person. Sadly, I think it has gone up quite a bit since then. Also note that they charge higher for certain times of the year, which seemed to be most of the year :( It was super fun though and a great way to do the parks on busy days. But definitely pricey.

Well the transfer times haven't improved any with the new Starriott. I'm still waiting for my Marriott points to show up on Alaska. It's been 3 days (reports are that it takes 4). The award I wanted is gone, but there is another that may work. So frustrating. Makes me appreciate the typical chase speed with transfers, although they do have some slow ones, too, I think.

Speaking of Chase, does anyone know whether Marriott timeshare fees code as travel on Chase cards? I need to pay my dues for our new London timeshare, and I'm hoping to get some extra points.

I'm also trying to meet the minimum spend on DH's two SWA cards, but I'm having a problem diverting $ away from bonus spend. I don't have any big 1x bills right now, but I want to get the CP ASAP. UGH. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and defer from DVC dues.

Regarding the AA cards, is there a specific way to sign up to get the Biz mailers, or is it just the same as the personal ones?

That sounds like fun... for the adult kids if they come. I am not too sure how much trekking up the glacier my knees can do. Snorkeling in Alaska? I have to google that now.

If I could do it, most people could. Since it was private I didn't feel the need to "keep up" with a group, either. That was one day I'll always remember. We were pretty much far away from everyone else on the lake, on the glacier, etc. It was incredible.

The company is called Snorkel Alaska (we booked through DCL but you can also book direct). They have a great FB page and post pics all the time. They provided everything needed and DH and DD loved it and said they would like to do it again.

My churning philosophy is to travel more but it doesn't have to all be free. I have a travel budget and this allows me to stretch it. So I'm sure every now and then I'll have a trip that is more OOP. So this won't bug me too much. It's been on the bucket list for awhile. Though Antarctica is now up there even moreso after seeing @calypso726 's pictures.

I'm the same. I don't feel the need to find a way to get every little cost paid for with points/miles. I'm using this to extend our trips or stay in places we wouldn't be willing to pay for, etc. My travel budget doesn't go as far as it did in the past - prices keep rising.

Snorkeling in Alaska is on my list for our cruise next year. Glad to hear from someone I "know" that's actually done it that it was good :) It gets good reviews but it's still nice to find someone who enjoyed it. And I've noted the glacier one too, I think I can get hubby into that one at least. (He might come on the snorkel trip just to laugh at me but he has no interest in snorkeling in a wetsuit. )

Dh and DD loved it. Seriously! People laugh, or just don't take us seriously if we suggest it. Snorkeling is a thing there.
As for the trek, we booked private on the recommendation from friends, but they also offer group trips. I was worried the all trekking one would be too much for me, or that I couldn't keep up with the group. The company was great when I called and set it all up.

TGIF.

Two random questions and one random comment.

@Lain, @Albort (or anyone) when am I safe to close out my unused CIP card? It is my only business card with Chase...opened in April. I have not put any spending on it since probably June. DH has his and all recurring payments (phone, internet, etc go on it). Should I maybe put some spend on it before I cancel? I don't really want to product change as eventually might try to lower credit limits and get one of the business cards.

Can I product change Dh's Freedom back to a CSR? I just barely changed it from the CSR to the Freedom in November. BUT long story short I guess we are going to rent one of those huge 15 people passenger vans for our trip in 2 weeks since another family his going with us...I want DH to be the main driver and the other driver to be the dad in the family we are going with. (I want no part of driving that monstrosity and would feel better for insurance purposes if it was just on DH's CSR). Plus, I miss the CSR since my whole Amex personal Gold card for DH plan fell apart with the whole pop up. Not getting 3 times the points on his eating out is killing me. I assume we just need to call? That they won't do it over SM?

For those that are feeling bad about cashing out UR's...at least you are doing it to cover a trip. I just cashed out 50,000 today so I could pay our balance to Amex without taking money from savings. Christmas was painful and I am done with these $10,000 spend on Amex. It is too much. And we meet the spend too easy. :(

Anyone going for Prestige when it is released???

Nope. I actually had this date marked on my calendar to check the card because it was supposed to be open for new apps again. I do not like the deval of the 4th night free to only 2x year and the point reduction on entertainment spending.
I also think 4x Amex MR on dining via the pink gold is better than 5x City TYP but YMMV of course. Citi is nice for Disney redemptions but I'm not in for a $495.

My job is killing me and I'm exhausted. :badpc: Trying to catch up here. Absorbing the news about BoA cracking down on churners. I am not a BoA fan but I liked having them as a option just in case. The game tightens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter