I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
InkedCapture_LI.jpg
That's based on what I've read on blogs (that link goes to a TPG article). I'm not an AU on any of DH's MR cards so I can't test it out myself. Have you tried logging in to see if you can do it? I don't know if you have to log in on yours or your DH's account to do the transfer. I'd love to hear what you find out!
I haven't tried anything, but I just logged on to my AU card, and it doesn't even show me the MR's at all, so no options to do anything with them. Haven't tried anything from his log in yet.

Edited to add, I just logged into his page, I didn't go any further than this, but it does appear it would work, based on this?

Last edited:
Since the end of the month is nearing, I decided to try Shake Shack for lunch today to take advantage of my $10 credit. Next time I'll be heading to Cheesecake Factory which is the same mall or Ruth's Chris instead. Their food was not worth $14.

Since the end of the month is nearing, I decided to try Shake Shack for lunch today to take advantage of my $10 credit. Next time I'll be heading to Cheesecake Factory which is the same mall or Ruth's Chris instead. Their food was not worth $14.

Wow. Good to know. Our Shake Shack hasn't opened yet, and our closest Cheesecake Factory closed (sadness). So I'm not sure what we will try. I've never been to a Ruth's Chris. Lucky you have them all in the same place!

I'm actually liking Grub Hub. Picking up Chick Fil A tonight for the kids. Grub Hub sent me a $3 coupon after my last order (which didn't count for the credit because I forgot to enroll).

On another note, I tried hard to explain to my mom how they need to use their Amex benefits. My dad has had a platinum card since the 80s and my mom has a gold card (not connected to his account). They are done flying this year but I told her they needed to pick an airline and at least get $300 in gift cards for 2018. I also explained to her about 4x MR points at the grocery store (she got that) and the dining credit (having to enroll might be too much to ask). Finally, I tried to explain the semi-annual Saks credit. I almost think I'm going to have to fly to Naples to sort this out for them.

View attachment 360529
I haven't tried anything, but I just logged on to my AU card, and it doesn't even show me the MR's at all, so no options to do anything with them. Haven't tried anything from his log in yet.

Edited to add, I just logged into his page, I didn't go any further than this, but it does appear it would work, based on this?

That looks encouraging! I think it would work! I read there is an excise fee of $0.0006 per point to transfer (max $99); for your 76K MRs that would work out to $45.60 to transfer the points.

Wow. Good to know. Our Shake Shack hasn't opened yet, and our closest Cheesecake Factory closed (sadness). So I'm not sure what we will try. I've never been to a Ruth's Chris. Lucky you have them all in the same place!
Ruth' Chris has a nice HH where their prices are more reasonable. I always select it for my birthday HH with my girlfriends. Shake Shack was ok but they have crinkled fries and the patties were super flat (I guess that's why so many people were ordering the double instead of the single patty.) I much prefer Five Guys.

We have none of these close to our house but they are convenient from work.

Thanks everyone for all the advice. Consensus is for EP so will do that for sure. Someone in US forum suggested get a cheap room and a RPR room so that way the 4 who need the ep have it but shaved off some costs still. Really, 2 rpr rooms is the same as 1 GF room, so it isn’t that bad.

I priced out swan too and it is over $500/night. Omg what!? That’s insane. Actually it is more than YC/BC/BW for the dates. And it isn’t even an alcove room. I’ve never stayed there before but that can’t be normal. I think Marriott broke swan.:headache:

Also considered staying Hilton DTD for free and buying EP and having them Uber to USO. That way I could still take DD2 to MK for the day or mvmcp for the night while the others do US.

Guess I need to make a decision here soon.

Throwing my two cents in regarding Universal :) Definitely do EP, the boys will love it. My DS says its a MUST! My DD2 did not have much she could actually go on. She's 34" tall. Not sure how tall your DD2 is but she couldn't even ride Cat in the Hat. She was limited to the caro-seuss-el, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, and ET, which she just made. I like your idea of sending the boys and you going to MK!

I know you can add a stop to your trip, but I've never done it so I don't know how it works exactly. You could probably let your Uber driver know that you'll just be getting your bags and then going to RPR, if they are up for that trip they would probably wait near by... We ubered from RPR to Movies on our last trip, hopped out to drop our bags then called an uber to DS to meet some friends for brunch, and we got connected with the same driver because he was still in the drop off area :) I haven't done much bag drop off/pick up with deluxe hotels so I dont' know where AKLs is.

You can add multiple stops to a ride, but each stop should be limited to no more than 3 minutes, or the driver has the right to cancel the ride. The luggage in both Kidani and Jambo House are right when you walk in and to the left so a fairly quick pick up if no-one is ahead of you in line.

ETA: If you can keep the stop under 3 minutes, you will save on the booking fees and possible the minimum fare from AK to AKL as opposed to getting a "second" ride.

I’d take the Disney bus from AK to AKL & then call for your Uber to go AKL-RPR. This keeps it simple, people can take bathroom break if they need one at AKL, you have time to check your luggage and make sure Bell services didn’t screw up anything. (AKL bell services ripped a small part of the zipper on my laptop bag and the iPhone charger inside that pocket disappeared. I grabbed my stuff and went to my room and didn’t notice until it was too late & obviously they denied everything. Certainly wished I’d taken the time to check everything before I accepted it!)

I agree. It is such a short bus ride I'd just do this. That way you don't have to rush. IME bell services can be quite slow.

Thanks -- it looks like the best thing would be to take the Disney bus from AK to AKL. I was leaning that way, mostly out of fear that we would get an Uber driver who doesn't know his way around Disney.

That's interesting about the 3 minute stop. I guess that would work for picking up another person somewhere but I don't think it would work for picking up luggage.

I'm actually liking Grub Hub. Picking up Chick Fil A tonight for the kids. Grub Hub sent me a $3 coupon after my last order (which didn't count for the credit because I forgot to enroll).

On another note, I tried hard to explain to my mom how they need to use their Amex benefits. My dad has had a platinum card since the 80s and my mom has a gold card (not connected to his account). They are done flying this year but I told her they needed to pick an airline and at least get $300 in gift cards for 2018. I also explained to her about 4x MR points at the grocery store (she got that) and the dining credit (having to enroll might be too much to ask). Finally, I tried to explain the semi-annual Saks credit. I almost think I'm going to have to fly to Naples to sort this out for them.

I just used GrubHub for the first time last week, and it was easy and fast. I ordered sandwiches from Quizno's, used a RMN coupon code for $12 off, and paid $10.24 with my enrolled Amex Gold when I picked it up. After my $10 credit, it will have cost $.24 for dinner.

I can't imagine trying to explain this stuff to my parents. It's hard enough clueing in DH.

I find Shake Shack is just ok. The ice cream is good, but everything is too expensive.

We have, however, already enjoyed Grubhub delivery thanks to the Gold credit.

Did you try pulling it up in the app to show them the proof of a current ressie when you were onsite?
I did try that but it was “GONE”. I didn’t have the screenshot because it was at home on my laptop. They said I cancelled it when I changed it but I have the screenshot showing my reservation AFTER the change.

I am going to call them tomorrow AM but is there a particular department that I should ask for? Customer Service I guess?

Throwing my two cents in regarding Universal :) Definitely do EP, the boys will love it. My DS says its a MUST! My DD2 did not have much she could actually go on. She's 34" tall. Not sure how tall your DD2 is but she couldn't even ride Cat in the Hat. She was limited to the caro-seuss-el, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, and ET, which she just made. I like your idea of sending the boys and you going to MK!
Thank you! She is 37" and a bit....hoping she hits 38' by mid dec!!

I did try that but it was “GONE”. I didn’t have the screenshot because it was at home on my laptop. They said I cancelled it when I changed it but I have the screenshot showing my reservation AFTER the change.

I am going to call them tomorrow AM but is there a particular department that I should ask for? Customer Service I guess?
How odd! I don't know what could have happened to it other than you accidentally canceling. I guess there must be a way they could cancel it. Maybe they did that. Surely not! :furious:I wonder if whomever you call can look in the system and see if it was cancelled by customer or by the hotel. If so, that would get to the bottom of it. I'm not sure who to call. I'd call the diamond line. Do you have status at all?

Yay! called chase bc I'm impatient and want the freedom now so I can get my shopping done at bjs before my membership expires at the end of the month. So apparently chrome and chase apps arent getting along very well right now. She said they have been having trouble. She looked and couldn't find my application so said it was safe to apply again. I didn't use the log into account this time. Auto approved and called back and they are rushing my card so hoping to have it by Friday now since it takes two days and I missed them getting it out today.

the tracker said $0-$75. I thought it was $1500 a quarter. did I miss something?

I feel your pain. Had to go over to mom’s house last night because her internet wasn’t working. She couldn’t even figure out the password “because it always worked automatically “. Just unplugged the modem, plugged back in Voila.
the tracker said $0-$75. I thought it was $1500 a quarter. did I miss something?

$1500 in purchase x .05 = $75 cash back or 7500 points

Yay! called chase bc I'm impatient and want the freedom now so I can get my shopping done at bjs before my membership expires at the end of the month. So apparently chrome and chase apps arent getting along very well right now. She said they have been having trouble. She looked and couldn't find my application so said it was safe to apply again. I didn't use the log into account this time. Auto approved and called back and they are rushing my card so hoping to have it by Friday now since it takes two days and I missed them getting it out today.

:dogdance: Good idea calling, that would have sucked.

They track your cashback, not what you've spent to get it. So you have to do some math to figure out how much left you have to spend. Whatever amount they show in the tracker (and if you scroll to the bottom of recent activity it'll give you the $ amount) divide it by .05 and that'll tell you what you have left to spend. $75 / .05 = $1500

DoC updated his post about Plastiq's Get 1 FFD per $1 Spent with Mastercard promo, which runs until the end of October: "it’s been confirmed that Mastercard gift cards are working to trigger the promo as well."

He's referencing this comment:
I just got an email from Plastiq reminding me of this offer, and it tells me “As of today, you’ll be credited xxx.xx fee-free dollars”; if that’s correct, it means a couple things:

MCGC counts (at least, when paying 2.5% fee) even though they’re prepaid cards.
You don’t get FFD for the fees you paid, just for the non-fee amount.

There's a similar DP on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9qnwbe/daily_discussion_thread_october_23_2018/e8bddpj

Staples has a $5 off $200 Mastercard Gift Card deal going on this week until Saturday, 10/27 ("Limit 1"). There's a $6.95 activation fee on the $200 MCGCs, so the $5 off brings it down to $201.95, and the CIC earns 5x UR at office supply stores. If you still have the Staples Amex Offer for a 10% statement credit back, that's another option.

Lowe's also sells MCGCs up to $200 with a $6.95 activation fee (3.5%), but there's also an Amex Offer for a 10% statement credit back at Lowe's.

Grocery stores also sell MCGCs up to $500 with a $5.95 activation fee (1.19%) and earns 4x MR on the Amex Gold.

On a $200 MCGC, you can pay up to $195.12 with the 2.5% Plastiq fee to fully liquidate the MCGC, and get ~195 FFDs back in November.

On a $500 MCGC, you can pay up to $487.80 with the 2.5% Plastiq fee to fully liquidate the MCGC, and get ~487 FFDs back in November.

Last edited:

party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter