I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I booked our 6-night Kyoto stay! And we still have UR points left over: 36,000 to be exact. So we have gotten business class seats roundtrip and now a 6-night stay basically for free (if you ignore the AFs on cards). This is amazing! Now I'm going to start looking at our options for our one night stay at the beginning of our trip in Tokyo and our one night stay in Hakone when we go hiking!!!! :cloud9:

WooHoo!!! Congratulations! I remember when you commented on the ABD threads about how much it was gonna cost to do Japan and inviting you to come check out this thread, tagging you here and all. I knew between all of us that post here, we’d be able to help. That was a very short time ago. You have done exceedingly well despite some of the odds stacked against you along the way. I am so excited for you!!!

Last edited:

Possibly not until May. And thank you!
Cool - then you could even have him delay his SW Biz until February to put 60 days between the applications.

In this comment though, I'm assuming that you could knock out the MSR real quick on the SW Biz...i.e. 30 days - if you need longer than that then Jan should be fine. Good Luck to you guys! Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan for your next 6ish months of churning!

Congrats! People will tell you it will ruin your credit, help people steal your identity, and all sorts of crazy stuff. Now you know better. It is work, so it’s not free in that sense, but it can afford us great opportunities to travel.
I think dh’s credit did drop some but he still has a very good credit score. We think it’s worth the drop in credit considering we get to fly to Japan for free and get free nights at hotels.

WooHoo!!! Congratulations! I remember when you commented o. The ABD threads about how much it was gonna cost to do Japan and inviting you to come check out this thread, tagging you here and all. I knew between all of us that post here, we’d be able to help. That was a very short time ago. You have done exceedingly well despite some of the odds stacked against you along the way. I am so excited for you!!!
I’m very glad we didn’t decide to do ABD. That would’ve cost so much more for us. I luckily have the free time to plan everything for Japan and the people on the Tokyo forum have been great. I have pretty much everything planned now. We have a few hotels to get situated and need to buy some things ahead of time (like our rail pass). Thank you to everyone on here that has helped me!

I've been working on my SPG lux upgrade MSR. From my calculations, I've met the MSR but bonus points haven't posted yet. (no AF posted yet) When should I see the points? I thought they should show right away unlike Chase.

I think dh’s credit did drop some but he still has a very good credit score. We think it’s worth the drop in credit considering we get to fly to Japan for free and get free nights at hotels.
Ah but it will go back up in a couple months, probably higher. My score is always >800 but when I applied for a car loan, it dropped to 780. Credit card apps usually drop mine 10-15 points. After a few months it’s back over 800.

Ah but it will go back up in a couple months, probably higher. My score is always >800 but when I applied for a car loan, it dropped to 780. Credit card apps usually drop mine 10-15 points. After a few months it’s back over 800.

Yep I think he said he was at 800 or a little above and now he’s under but we have automatic payments on everything so nothing is ever overdue.

I've been working on my SPG lux upgrade MSR. From my calculations, I've met the MSR but bonus points haven't posted yet. (no AF posted yet) When should I see the points? I thought they should show right away unlike Chase.
Message them to see if you have met MSR. I had that issue on my Hilton Card. Messaged them and they said the purchases had not all been “counted” yet, despite posting. :confused3 Points posted a couple days later.

I’ve only booked one hotel with URs so far....I’m a slow baby churner ::yes::....but have looked at different locations...Orlando, Napa Marco Island....and there are a lot of hotels listed..

Thanks!

You know I'm a beginner churner :) Dh recently got the Chase Hyatt card to diversify our points---we only have 3 UR cards and a Discover between us. I chose Hyatt over Marriott/SPG and Hilton because (1) the points chart is easily understandable unlike Hilton's mess (2) there's a 8K property right by our dd's campus plus the annual free night can be used there (3) the 60K bonus points can stretch to 3-4 nights on our planned Australia 2020 trip and (4) we can use a free night at a property in Perth.

I will probably be going for the Hyatt card after I get a couple more Chase cards.

Thank you. I feel more comfortable with Hyatt, too, although it looks like there are more hotels in the SPG group. Hard to know what to go for. I'm going to keep reading here and asking questions until we can figure out our next move. If I had a trip planned like you then I would know. I've been to Australia and it was awesome! Have a great trip!

I feel like a weirdo....I've done really well with RMN so far, but I haven't bought ONE Disney gc. So unusual for me but since I'm not planning to go too soon, I keep seeing other things to spend my dollars on- but it makes me feel strange to not buy them! Dischurner problem? I guess so..... I can always think about saving on those when I plan another trip,and I hesitate to have too much $ in the form of dis gc just in case I need it elsewhere

I thought I was the only one! I've been getting grocery store gift cards since I know I can use them up the same week. Wishing I had a Disney trip planned.

Thank you! That makes me feel really good. I’ll write a trip report when we get back from Japan!

Ooh! I will definitely read it!

Yep everything was on purchases we would have made anyway. No extra spending needed! Thank you!

Yeah that is what we are doing. It's slower than many here, but I find it's complicated enough without adding on another layer of complexity I guess.

The bonus points should show on your SPG Lux’s Amex account about two days after the purchase that puts you over MSR posts, then you should see the points posted to your Marriott account a day or two later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter