I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great trip. We have Kona, 50's PT and LTT booked but need to drop one. Which did you enjoy the most?

We did LTT for lunch...not sure what the dinner menu looks like...I’d say this was one one we enjoyed the least...it was a last minute in park booking since it was sooo HOT we wanted to sit and relax a while
For our group Kona was the favorite......

We did LTT for lunch...not sure what the dinner menu looks like...I’d say this was one one we enjoyed the least...it was a last minute in park booking since it was sooo HOT we wanted to sit and relax a while
For our group Kona was the favorite......
We didn’t enjoy our dinner at LTT at all. It was very generic tasting and we had horrible service.

I know I'm not the OP, but I've eaten at all three. Unless you have kids or someone that might particularly enjoy the "kitsch" of 50s PT, I think LTT and Kona are better food-wise. Food certainly wasn't bad at 50s, but Kona breakfast was delicious and we've never had a bad meal at LTT.

I really think it depends on what type of food your looking for....the men in our group all love the fried chicken at 50’s PT so that was a must do....my daughter loves sushi and Kona had that for her...

I need to spend about $200 before Monday to meet my $1500 5x limit on my freedom card. I think I have seen people here talk about going to Walgreens to buy Amazon cards and then using them on Amazon to buy Stop and Shop cards. Can I do this?

I'm due for another card and would like some input, if anyone can offer advice.

Me:
Target (don't judge) 1/24
Amex Blue Cash 2/24
CIP July 20, 2018

DH:
Amex 1/24
CSR/CSP 3/24 - meeting MSR for CSR this week, CSP got closed on us. Applied September 2, 2018

I would like one of us to go for the SW CP for 2019/2020 and am not sure how to best position us to do that. We have a SW flight in the beginning of December so I intend someone to apply for the 50k offer on the flight if it's still available. I've read the r/churning thread on the Companion and am aware how/when NOT to meet the spending. Just not sure about the applications. I don't need the pass for early 2019, so don't feel the need to squeeze the points in on January 3rd or anything. Should I hold off and do the CP myself because DH is too close to his traumatic double dip and might be under greater scrutiny? Can I do a business and have DH do the applications in Dec/Jan? Any suggestions? Thanks much everyone.
First, one of you needs to earn the 110K Southwest points. If you do the business card, then you need to do the personal card. Unless he wants a CP too.
I think you're OK to do a Biz card. It's recommended to do the BIZ first. As long as you have a flight in Dec, definitely apply for the personal card while on the flight unless the public offer is increased to 50K at that point.
The biggest thing is you need to wait to finish the MSR on both of those cards until January!!!!!!

Me:
Amex Blue Cash 2/24
CIP July 20, 2018

DH:
Amex 1/24
CSR/CSP 3/24 - meeting MSR for CSR this week, CSP got closed on us. Applied September 2, 2018

I would like one of us to go for the SW CP for 2019/2020 and am not sure how to best position us to do that. We have a SW flight in the beginning of December so I intend someone to apply for the 50k offer on the flight if it's still available. I've read the r/churning thread on the Companion and am aware how/when NOT to meet the spending. Just not sure about the applications. I don't need the pass for early 2019, so don't feel the need to squeeze the points in on January 3rd or anything. Should I hold off and do the CP myself because DH is too close to his traumatic double dip and might be under greater scrutiny? Can I do a business and have DH do the applications in Dec/Jan? Any suggestions? Thanks much everyone.

On our flights this past week the 50,000 offer was on the Plus and Priority cards.... not on the Premier

Not sure if it matters who applies since in December you will both be over 3 months from your last applications...but the same person has to apply for both to meet the 110,000 in the same calendar year.
.if you apply for a personal card in flight early Dec...you’d have to wait at least 30days to apply for the business...but since you don’t need the CP early in 2019 that should work for you

Yesterday I watched TV all afternoon after spending the morning getting a warranty tire replacement due to a nail in my tire too close to the sidewall, so they couldn't plug it. Cost $38 for another warranty and balancing. Helping me get to 2K on my spg offer.

I don't normally watch TV but yesterday was pretty historical so I couldn't tear myself away.

Today I had an Amtrak offer to sign up for surveys and get 250 points after first survey.

After an hour I finally had 255 points credited so I'm guessing this would be similar to the IHG survey and it would become boring fast with the occasional bit of points after answering the same questions over and over, so I'll only bother with it if I come up short by a few points when booking or if I'm extremely bored and I'm snowbound!

I am curious which Hyatts you are looking at in Australia. I am in the midst of planning a return trip there. I am trying to decide if we basically do the same trip we did in 2000 for our honeymoon or how to change it up. I know I want to take DS to the Great Barrier Reef so we would have to go to Cairns and let him hold a koala and I believe you can only do that in the Brisbane area. I think we are looking at 3 weeks in August but that still doesn't seem like enough time.

We will fly in/out of Sydney and Perth--uncertain as to which will be which.

In Sydney there's the high-rise Hyatt Regency Sydney (cat 5, 20K points) which is just west of the CBD, walkable distance to The Rocks and Circular Quay areas, the Botanic Gardens (I go to public gardens wherever we travel :daisy:), and the Opera House. The fancier and much smaller Park Hyatt Sydney (cat 7, 30K) is located on the peninsula with the Sydney Harbor Bridge--it's only 4 or 5 stories too with larger standard rooms plus I saw harbor view rooms (not opera house view) for 30K points.

Perth has a cat. 3 (12K points) Hyatt Regency that's centrally located and 20 min from the airport.

We're not going all the way to Cairns because our Great Barrier Reef splurge will be to Lady Elliot Island https://www.ladyelliot.com.au where we will spend at least 3 nights :goodvibes Our other stops will be in Uluru and driving up the coast of Western Australia to visit various national parks (using B&Bs, I think)

I received an offer from Delta for the Gold card with 60000 bonus miles if I spend 1k in the first 3 months. I am almost ready to apply for another card. We are planning on flying out of DTW next spring (we live in a delta hub) to Orlando. I was wondering in that offer is a good deal?

Off topic....Back home from our Disney trip....tried to keep up...seemed like nothing earth shattering happened this week...lol

Stayed at the BWV....SV 2br....requested high floor by the pond...received 4 th floor..2nd to last room before the stairs...which we took walking to the Studios...no issues parking at any time of the day and we had 3 cars coming and going...we did park in the lot to the left of the guard booth close to the villa

Was it room 4131?

I received an offer from Delta for the Gold card with 60000 bonus miles if I spend 1k in the first 3 months. I am almost ready to apply for another card. We are planning on flying out of DTW next spring (we live in a delta hub) to Orlando. I was wondering in that offer is a good deal?

I'm not sure if it's the BEST offer, but I get that offer in my email probably every 60 days or so. Not saying it's a guarantee you get it again, but just that if you see something else you'd rather have instead, there's probably a good chance this offer will come along to you again.

Thanks! I was lucky to get the Plastiq stuff done before they put that to an end. Dh and I love bragging to people that we got business class seats for free lol. People always look at us like, "what's the catch?".
Congrats! People will tell you it will ruin your credit, help people steal your identity, and all sorts of crazy stuff. Now you know better. It is work, so it’s not free in that sense, but it can afford us great opportunities to travel.

Don't feel like a werido...with no Disney trip on the horizon I haven't bought one Disney card yet! I do too look at them longingly and wish I was buying them for a Disney trip but our last trip last October was the one that told us we needed a break for a while. Just too hot and too crowded. My youngest is a Star Wars nut so I'm sure we will go once that is open. But don't feel bad for us either, we've gone on 5 trips so far this year and about to take a 6th so those points aren't just sitting dormant!

I've just been buying GC on RMN for everything things that I would be buying anyway. So far I've used the CVS and Walgreens 2X (about to hit the 3rd here in a bit) but my Staples and HD haven't credited yet. It's kinda annoying but at the same time, its stuff I would have purchased anyway so no big loss if they don't come through. Now to wonder what October will bring on RMN?????

On a semi-separate note, while at Walgreens I noticed they sell American Girl gift cards in case anyone has an AG loving girl in their family. I've never seen them outside their stores before and at least for 3Q you can get 5X UR's on them.
It’s so strange how hit or miss it can be. I have 1 pending reward right now, Walgreens from 9/26. All others have posted, though one took 20 days.

Last edited:
This is what happened with my CSP a couple months ago! I just had 10,000 show up, no support clicks I know of, showed up several days after my statement closed. Just went straight into my account.
Same thing happened to me... we didn't have any charges on the card... I wonder if that's why they just posted?

I’d say 60,000 skymiles for only $1k spend is excellent. Add in a free checked bag for each flight and that’s even more value.

I consider 60,000 skymiles worth $600 (basically what you’d earn with Pay With Miles) so $1000 soend for $600 (or less if the AF isn’t waived —$95). Still a pretty good ROI if you aren’t concerned about your 5/24 status AND since you live near DTW.

Me:
Amex Blue Cash 2/24
CIP July 20, 2018

DH:
Amex 1/24

So your last card was 07/18. Your husband's last card was 09/18. With those factors, I'd say NOW is your turn to get a card. Here's some thoughts:
  • You could look to try for a 2nd Chase Biz card - CIC or CIU maybe.
  • You could have your husband refer you to a CSR
  • IF you didn't want to get a 2nd CSR because of the AF or whatever you could apply for a CSP
  • I would NOT have your husband apply for another card before December and then have him be the one that Chases the SW CP.
  • The reason I say that is exactly your thoughts - don't want too much scrutiny after the DD debacle. By December he will be over 3 months past that issue.
  • HE could apply in flight in December for a 50k Personal offer and then HE would apply for the SW Biz card in January once 30+ days have passed since his Personal application. (I think you know this but will reiterate again - He needs to apply and earn the 110k SW points by himself to earn a CP).
Hope this helps - you're thinking through this the right way!!

One follow up Q: Do you know when you first plan to use your CP next year?

Mine actually posted yesterday but it only posted as $50. My direct deposit(which was an actual direct deposit from my paycheck) was June 26. I need to call tomorrow and see why it’s only $50. I’m glad I kept the mailing with the offer code I used.

Oh, bummer. At least you have a real DD and the mailer. Good luck on your call and let me know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter