I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic....Back home from our Disney trip....tried to keep up...seemed like nothing earth shattering happened this week...lol

Stayed at the BWV....SV 2br....requested high floor by the pond...received 4 th floor..2nd to last room before the stairs...which we took walking to the Studios...no issues parking at any time of the day and we had 3 cars coming and going...we did park in the lot to the left of the guard booth close to the villa

Celebrated “kids” birthdays..ate dinner at flying fish, kona, 50’s PT..lunch at liberty tree tavern....enjoy them all
Parks to us were not crowed.

Attend the DVC moonlight magic event at the Studios... RRC, TT, ST were walk on.... toy story land as expected was where most people were...waited 30 min for Slinky Dog, 15 for TSM and walked on AS....left around 11 since so n and his girlfriend were working Thursday......we enjoyed it but would not plan a trip around one

On topic...hopefully the CIC P2 was approved for is in the mail that I pu at the PO today since we finished the MSR on my CRS this trip

Welcome to Sam's Club gift card hell! What is supposed to happen is that when your gift card ships, you get an activation email from them. When your gift card arrives, you simply click within the email to activate. However, now apparently there is a glitch in their system where gift card orders are not being marked as "shipped." Therefore, the activation email never generates. So you end up with a gift card in your hands that you cannot activate. Also, since the order isn't marked as shipped, your credit card does not get charged.

This is the third time this has happened to me. I am a slow learner apparently . . . you'd think I would stop buying gift cards from Sam's - lol.

I would suggest you try an online "chat" with Sam's. They should be able to request card activation from the gift card department. Or wait it out. I think eventually the order will go to "shipped" in their system. I've "chatted" with Sam's twice now about my most recent order. It still isn't activated. Sigh.
Ugh.I'd like to ignore it and throw it out the window, but then with my luck I'll get charged suddenly in 6 months so I'll try the chat- thanks for the tip!

Well I booked our 6-night Kyoto stay! And we still have UR points left over: 36,000 to be exact. So we have gotten business class seats roundtrip and now a 6-night stay basically for free (if you ignore the AFs on cards). This is amazing! Now I'm going to start looking at our options for our one night stay at the beginning of our trip in Tokyo and our one night stay in Hakone when we go hiking!!!! :cloud9:

With the AFs I count that as 2 RT business class tickets to Japan and 6 nights for $640.... and you don't have to listen to a timeshare spiel! That's just insanely awesome :thumbsup2

Even better since you have points leftover so you can add on to that list for the same price, and if you used the TC on purchases you'd have paid for anyway, it's even less (as I count those towards another budget). You had good timing, I'm glad it's paying off for you :)

OK I'm doing the RMN deal too. I have round 2 pending so once it posts it should be $60 off of $150 in Disney GCs total so far.
I feel like a weirdo....I've done really well with RMN so far, but I haven't bought ONE Disney gc. So unusual for me but since I'm not planning to go too soon, I keep seeing other things to spend my dollars on- but it makes me feel strange to not buy them! Dischurner problem? I guess so..... I can always think about saving on those when I plan another trip,and I hesitate to have too much $ in the form of dis gc just in case I need it elsewhere

I’ve just used them for purchases We would of normally made...CVS...prescriptions, HD...grill parts...Kohls ...clothing and Staples...office supplies ...this one never went pending...when I did the online chat...she said they could see it linketo save the receipt and contact them if it didn’t post after 10/4. I will probably do Kohls..CVS and Macy’s again..for items we need....

Every time I go do a RMN deal I look longingly at the Disney GCs. I will likely be going to a conference there in the spring (which might turn into a quick family add-on trip) but the conference registration info isn't out yet, so I can't get the trip approved by work (and there are some changes going on around here, so its not a total certainty I'll get approval). If I'm not going for work, I'm not going at all in the forseeable future, and would have no need of Disiney GCs. So I've been getting cards I know I can use in the short term or actual stuff. But those Disney GCs do look so pretty...

I’ve just used them for purchases We would of normally made...CVS...prescriptions, HD...grill parts...Kohls ...clothing and Staples...office supplies ...this one never went pending...when I did the online chat...she said they could see it linketo save the receipt and contact them if it didn’t post after 10/4. I will probably do Kohls..CVS and Macy’s again..for items we need....
I feel like this RMN run has been the best 'timewaster' lately (I've changed my mind since the app seemed to start working for me finally) altho I'm careful to not spend too much time worrying about it so far this month I've $180 on gc or items and gotten a 50% return (more when using the cc offer combined) so it's been worth it and the only one not tracking recently was Kohls which I can appeal since it was items.... most of my stuff igc for local groceries or amazon (i always use those too fast and I look at it like 50% off my prime membership lol)

Every time I go do a RMN deal I look longingly at the Disney GCs. I will likely be going to a conference there in the spring (which might turn into a quick family add-on trip) but the conference registration info isn't out yet, so I can't get the trip approved by work (and there are some changes going on around here, so its not a total certainty I'll get approval). If I'm not going for work, I'm not going at all in the forseeable future, and would have no need of Disiney GCs. So I've been getting cards I know I can use in the short term or actual stuff. But those Disney GCs do look so pretty...
I just posted the same and then I read this!:rotfl2: they draw me right in even when I don't need or want them at this time.... I'm such a sucker!!! it's a form of FOMO bc of all these others on here who use them a lot for dues etc.

You know I'm a beginner churner :) Dh recently got the Chase Hyatt card to diversify our points---we only have 3 UR cards and a Discover between us. I chose Hyatt over Marriott/SPG and Hilton because (1) the points chart is easily understandable unlike Hilton's mess (2) there's a 8K property right by our dd's campus plus the annual free night can be used there (3) the 60K bonus points can stretch to 3-4 nights on our planned Australia 2020 trip and (4) we can use a free night at a property in Perth.

I will probably be going for the Hyatt card after I get a couple more Chase cards.
I am curious which Hyatts you are looking at in Australia. I am in the midst of planning a return trip there. I am trying to decide if we basically do the same trip we did in 2000 for our honeymoon or how to change it up. I know I want to take DS to the Great Barrier Reef so we would have to go to Cairns and let him hold a koala and I believe you can only do that in the Brisbane area. I think we are looking at 3 weeks in August but that still doesn't seem like enough time.

I feel like a weirdo....I've done really well with RMN so far, but I haven't bought ONE Disney gc. So unusual for me but since I'm not planning to go too soon, I keep seeing other things to spend my dollars on- but it makes me feel strange to not buy them! Dischurner problem? I guess so..... I can always think about saving on those when I plan another trip,and I hesitate to have too much $ in the form of dis gc just in case I need it elsewhere
I am with you. I have hit them all twice and am working on a 3rd time at some of them and haven't purchased a Disney GC. I have been getting iTunes GCs for DS for Xmas. It paid off today when I needed a gift for his BFF, I could easily pull out an iTunes GC that I had only spent $15 on :)

Off topic....Back home from our Disney trip....tried to keep up...seemed like nothing earth shattering happened this week...lol

Stayed at the BWV....SV 2br....requested high floor by the pond...received 4 th floor..2nd to last room before the stairs...which we took walking to the Studios...no issues parking at any time of the day and we had 3 cars coming and going...we did park in the lot to the left of the guard booth close to the villa

Celebrated “kids” birthdays..ate dinner at flying fish, kona, 50’s PT..lunch at liberty tree tavern....enjoy them all

Attend the DVC moonlight magic event at the Studios... RRC, TT, ST were walk on.... toy story land as expected was where most people were...waited 30 min for Slinky Dog, 15 for TSM and walked on AS....left around 11 since so n and his girlfriend were working Thursday......we enjoyed it but would not plan a trip around one

On topic...hopefully the CIC P2 was approved for is in the mail that I pu at the PO today since we finished the MSR on my CRS this trip

Glad you had a nice trip! I'm planning on going this same week next year, so nice to hear that crowds were good.

Don't feel like a werido...with no Disney trip on the horizon I haven't bought one Disney card yet! I do too look at them longingly and wish I was buying them for a Disney trip but our last trip last October was the one that told us we needed a break for a while. Just too hot and too crowded. My youngest is a Star Wars nut so I'm sure we will go once that is open. But don't feel bad for us either, we've gone on 5 trips so far this year and about to take a 6th so those points aren't just sitting dormant!

I've just been buying GC on RMN for everything things that I would be buying anyway. So far I've used the CVS and Walgreens 2X (about to hit the 3rd here in a bit) but my Staples and HD haven't credited yet. It's kinda annoying but at the same time, its stuff I would have purchased anyway so no big loss if they don't come through. Now to wonder what October will bring on RMN?????

On a semi-separate note, while at Walgreens I noticed they sell American Girl gift cards in case anyone has an AG loving girl in their family. I've never seen them outside their stores before and at least for 3Q you can get 5X UR's on them.

Sounds like a great trip. We have Kona, 50's PT and LTT booked but need to drop one. Which did you enjoy the most?

Sounds like a great trip. We have Kona, 50's PT and LTT booked but need to drop one. Which did you enjoy the most?

I know I'm not the OP, but I've eaten at all three. Unless you have kids or someone that might particularly enjoy the "kitsch" of 50s PT, I think LTT and Kona are better food-wise. Food certainly wasn't bad at 50s, but Kona breakfast was delicious and we've never had a bad meal at LTT.

I know I'm not the OP, but I've eaten at all three. Unless you have kids or someone that might particularly enjoy the "kitsch" of 50s PT, I think LTT and Kona are better food-wise. Food certainly wasn't bad at 50s, but Kona breakfast was delicious and we've never had a bad meal at LTT.

No kids, this is a girl's trip. I love LTT but they have never eaten there before. Hopefully this will help swing the vote my way. :)

I've done the same purchased stuff we need

With the AFs I count that as 2 RT business class tickets to Japan and 6 nights for $640.... and you don't have to listen to a timeshare spiel! That's just insanely awesome :thumbsup2

Even better since you have points leftover so you can add on to that list for the same price, and if you used the TC on purchases you'd have paid for anyway, it's even less (as I count those towards another budget). You had good timing, I'm glad it's paying off for you :)
Yep everything was on purchases we would have made anyway. No extra spending needed! Thank you!

I'm due for another card and would like some input, if anyone can offer advice.

Me:
Target (don't judge) 1/24
Amex Blue Cash 2/24
CIP July 20, 2018

DH:
Amex 1/24
CSR/CSP 3/24 - meeting MSR for CSR this week, CSP got closed on us. Applied September 2, 2018

I would like one of us to go for the SW CP for 2019/2020 and am not sure how to best position us to do that. We have a SW flight in the beginning of December so I intend someone to apply for the 50k offer on the flight if it's still available. I've read the r/churning thread on the Companion and am aware how/when NOT to meet the spending. Just not sure about the applications. I don't need the pass for early 2019, so don't feel the need to squeeze the points in on January 3rd or anything. Should I hold off and do the CP myself because DH is too close to his traumatic double dip and might be under greater scrutiny? Can I do a business and have DH do the applications in Dec/Jan? Any suggestions? Thanks much everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!