I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that one..was thinking about doing it...Pretty sure it was a US Bank business card

I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter about it. It seems like a pretty easy $200. I must be missing something though as to why more aren't jumping on it...?

careful with that one, i was told for each employee u need an SSN attached.

So, I could put my dh as an 'employee' though, right? Or my grandma, lol :D I might could talk her into spending $1k on the card. This would not report to CR's?

I agree, but I also think any DIS newbie who is thinking about this and wanders onto the budget board will find this thread. I didn't find if because I wasn't looking for the info to help me pay for Disney trips but for something else. I wish I'd found it sooner.:rotfl:

I think people don't post here is because the title doesn't seem like an advice thread. For the longest time I always thought it was stories of redemptions, or here's my new CC perk I just got that helps my Disney trip, stuff like that. I mean that was the purpose of the original posts IIRC. I popped in the first time cuz I couldn't figure out why it was always the top post on the board... how could there be that much discussion on using credit card points?

All that said, the title still wouldn't help with external search engines, everything here is public so all the posts are searchable. But I'm wondering when we will need a pt 2. There had been a post limit or a page limit before, although I thought we've surpassed both limits a long time ago. So maybe they're removed now and we'll go into infinity? Or we break the DIS cuz no one knows when to stop :laughing:

It took me ages to engage with this thread too - I previously did not love credit cards, because I never carry a balance, and assumed it was about shifting balances around and stuff. Never really registered how busy the thread was, or I might have questioned that assumption. I don't know that a new thread would help with the main complaint around here - that this board moves too darn fast to keep up with. But to fix that, we'd all have to shut up, and that isn't happening anytime soon,

which is a good thing!!!:chat::mic::love::mic::chat:

:thanks:I want to thank everyone for the lighthearted comedy being injected into the thread today. My emotions are on overload due to the DD sitch, finding out last night a very good friend ended her life Tuesday after her mother (also a good friend) died two weeks ago :sad1:, and my dh is having open heart surgery next Friday. Definitely real life puts credit card bonuses in perspective but unfortunately it's just one more thing to fret over right now. :earseek:

Sorry you are going through so much right now. Prayers and peace to you.

:thanks:I want to thank everyone for the lighthearted comedy being injected into the thread today. My emotions are on overload due to the DD sitch, finding out last night a very good friend ended her life Tuesday after her mother (also a good friend) died two weeks ago :sad1:, and my dh is having open heart surgery next Friday. Definitely real life puts credit card bonuses in perspective but unfortunately it's just one more thing to fret over right now. :earseek:

That sounds like a lot for anyone to be dealing with! Wishing you strength and peace to help you along your way for the next little bit, here. Will be thinking of you and your DH heading into surgery. Glad the ridiculousness on the board made you smile, at least!

I agree, but I also think any DIS newbie who is thinking about this and wanders onto the budget board will find this thread. I didn't find if because I wasn't looking for the info to help me pay for Disney trips but for something else. I wish I'd found it sooner.
Took me awhile to even realize there was a budget board. I’m pretty focused, so came looking for info on fast passes, restaurants and resorts. Then when going to Universal, haunted that board. Then decided to try Swolphin, hung out there too. Not sure how I stumbled on the budget board but clicked on some interesting stuff and the rest is history

So, I could put my dh as an 'employee' though, right? Or my grandma, lol :D I might could talk her into spending $1k on the card. This would not report to CR's?
I applied but am still waiting to hear back 4 days later. I only put DS20 on as an employee. I figured if anything it could help his credit, although I don't think it will actually go on his credit report. I'm really hoping to be approved, fingers crossed!

I applied but am still waiting to hear back 4 days later. I only put DS20 on as an employee. I figured if anything it could help his credit, although I don't think it will actually go on his credit report. I'm really hoping to be approved, fingers crossed!

i think business cards dont check credit. You should put your DS20 on some of your personal cards.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter about it. It seems like a pretty easy $200. I must be missing something though as to why more aren't jumping on it...?
There were some on Reddit who said it would report and add to 5/24...since I want to stay under 5/24...I decided it wasn’t worth $200 to risk that

It took me ages to engage with this thread too - I previously did not love credit cards, because I never carry a balance, and assumed it was about shifting balances around and stuff. Never really registered how busy the thread was, or I might have questioned that assumption. I don't know that a new thread would help with the main complaint around here - that this board moves too darn fast to keep up with. But to fix that, we'd all have to shut up, and that isn't happening anytime soon,

which is a good thing!!!:chat::mic::love::mic::chat:

This was me..exactly...thought it was about the same thing credit card balances etc...I’ve been on here since 2001..and only read this thread in May...ugh...the things I missed out on all thoses years

:grouphug:

So sorry to hear you are going through so much right now! Will keep you and yours in our prayers for a safe and successful surgery next Friday.

Will keep you and your family in my prayers...so,sorry you are going through all this

:grouphug: "like" for support. Pulling for you all.

I’m so sorry about your friends. Hope your DHs surgery goes well.

Sorry you are going through so much right now. Prayers and peace to you.

That sounds like a lot for anyone to be dealing with! Wishing you strength and peace to help you along your way for the next little bit, here. Will be thinking of you and your DH heading into surgery. Glad the ridiculousness on the board made you smile, at least!
Thank you so much. All your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. Now y'all go put on your tin hats and order Uber eats with those Uber credits that would otherwise go to waste! :P

:hug: all the best to you and to your dh

Yikes! Just got a voicemail from “Chase lending services” asking me to call back.
I double dipped towards the end of August. So we all know what this is about.
Should I call back? Or just let them close an account. Of course I’d rather them close the CSP so maybe I should call in case they close CSR?
I’m dreading calling.

Yikes! Just got a voicemail from “Chase lending services” asking me to call back.
Should I call back? Or just let them close an account. Of course I’d rather them close the CSP so maybe I should call in case they close CSR?
I’m dreading calling.
Sorry :( how much spend have you put on each card so far?

I’m dreading calling.

login to your chase and see if your CSP is still opened or not.

oh my. So sorry for your losses. Prayers for DH. Keep up posted.:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter