I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the PNC bonuses that were being discussed a few pages back - just checked my email and I have a notice of a $200 promotional deposit hitting my account! I opened the acct in June, finished the 10 debit transactions in late Aug, and had the final direct deposits (paycheck) hit Aug 31st.

I'm glad I can switch my direct deposit over to Wells Fargo now for another bank bonus I just started on. The PNC transfers seemed to take forever to hit my normal checking account! The debit transactions on this one kind of cracked me up too - I would go down to our little store at work and buy one or two single York peppermint patties for $.20 or $.40 each. I always wondered what the cashier thought of me when I paid with a debit card for those! :ssst:

Thanks for reporting back - this whole bonus delay thing is very sucky (that's a technical churning term I use)...

If ANYBODY sees points post from a sign-up bonus on a Chase Card PLEASE report back here... :) Hopefully they get this fixed sometime soon.

My CIC statement closes Monday and I met MSR 3 week’s ago. Hoping that I have good news to share Monday!

Is it targeted or for everyone? I didn't get an email. Not that I plan on buying anything at those places but always good to know my options.

I didn't get it either!:confused3
I don’t have a CSR but I just got that email this morning for the CFU:

Use Chase Pay with your Freedom Unlimited card at Best Buy stores, online at restaurants on Tock and online at eBags September 1-30, 2018, to earn an extra 5% cash back (in addition to the usual 1.5%) per $1 spent on up to $200 total in purchases.

Hopefully more emails are coming everyone’s way! It seems targeted because it says this promotional offer is nontransferable.

I wish they did these offers at other stores besides Best Buy. I only go there to use these special offers for Disney gift cards... I’m afraid one day they’ll catch on!

Just a small DP - I was wondering a couple of months ago if the Arrival+ miles could be used against DVC dues. After receiving the sign-up bonus, I can verify the answer is yes, the travel statement credit can be redeemed against DVC dues. Great news!

@striker1064 - how and when did you pay your DVC dues? I still have mine coming out of my account directly on a month to month basis, but I've been collecting Disney gift cards with the intention of knocking them off when next year's dues roll around. I'm guessing I should call and put this spend on my SPG Lux for the next few payments.

@striker1064 - how and when did you pay your DVC dues? I still have mine coming out of my account directly on a month to month basis, but I've been collecting Disney gift cards with the intention of knocking them off when next year's dues roll around. I'm guessing I should call and put this spend on my SPG Lux for the next few payments.

We had a small add-on direct purchase earlier this year, so we paid the pro-rated annual amount back in July.

Yes, no activation fee at Staple's this week!
!!!!! is that good thru today? how do you know what's on sale??? what a deal! wait I went and found an article,says it's good thru today but only one pp... I assume I can go today and get another tho,just don't input my staples reward acct.... i wish I had known about this earlier I would have maxed it out!!

Last edited:
I went to Staples yesterday and have $7 RMN pending. Got a $200 VGC (love the promo right now) and a SodaStream CO2 canister ($30) with the AMEX 10% offer.

Did you buy only a VGC? I'm curious if you'll get the $7 RMN cash back if that's all you bought.
I also bought a small $2 item.... it's pending on the app (which is rare for me since most stuff never tracks)

We had a small add-on direct purchase earlier this year, so we paid the pro-rated annual amount back in July.

Ahh, thanks! I'm not likely to buy any more points. But I do think I will give them a call and maybe try to get the rest of this year put on the SPG. It's funny - I just want a spend over with when I get a new card. Can't deal with it hanging around. So, I'm busy coming up with 5K and want it done right this minute! I'm at over 3K as of this morning between my new appliances, a medicare part b premium bill for the rest of this year, and if I add some DVC dues it will help.(Also, whatever the plumber costs next week if they take Amex.)

I 'just' got approved for Medicare part b starting September 1 (and yesterday got the bill) and the gov will take a credit card no extra fees, just have to snail mail it with my signature and the card info. So, mid November to early Dec will be a good time for another card for me - DVC dues and next years Medicare bill, if I can pay it all at once. (They have some language about setting up an auto pay on the info.) Plus I'll have 2 insurance premiums due totaling about $1300. Great time for a 5K card!! I'm trying to think ahead here. Also need it to be a biz card to keep me on my x/24 tracking. (I still want some Chase cards.)

This makes me think about reconsidering my upgrade offer a bit even if it's just 15k points...
I'm seriously considering it too.... but mine was the 'big' upgrade offer...only thing holding me back is the MSR since I'm still working on SPG Biz (altho almost done,thankyou realty taxes for 6 mos) Now I just have to find that link that shows me the offer again....

Is it targeted or for everyone? I didn't get an email. Not that I plan on buying anything at those places but always good to know my options.

It's unclear if it's targeted, it does have "This promotional offer is non-transferable." in the fine print, but nothing that really gives context for it.

So maybe? But that seems odd. One thing I did pick up on after re reading the find print, " check out with your Chase Sapphire or Chase Sapphire Preferred card using Chase Pay" They specially called out just those two cards. Wonder if we get a different offer for the Reserve (or plain Freedom) or they're just trying to drum up use on specific cards.

Except if that guy used the multi-tab trick to get all those Staples offers on his cards, Amex will be coming to claw back $500.

My closest Staples actually had a lot in stock, but they were also enforcing the one per customer limit. My next nearest Staples does not have any. I used my CIC for 5x UR.
I'm thinking of stopping in this morning to get another and then tonight on my way home.... one at a time should work right? my store is obviously under the radar for everyone bc there's no shortage of choices

My CIC statement closes Monday and I met MSR 3 week’s ago. Hoping that I have good news to share Monday!
Don’t take this the wrong way but if you don’t see those points pending on the UR site already, I would not have high hopes. I hope I’m wrong for your sake...(and for all our sanity)...but I’m probably not.

It's unclear if it's targeted, it does have "This promotional offer is non-transferable." in the fine print, but nothing that really gives context for it.

So maybe? But that seems odd. One thing I did pick up on after re reading the find print, " check out with your Chase Sapphire or Chase Sapphire Preferred card using Chase Pay" They specially called out just those two cards. Wonder if we get a different offer for the Reserve (or plain Freedom) or they're just trying to drum up use on specific cards.
I have the CSP but I didn’t get an email for that card, just the CFU. I’m happy about the 6.5%, but I would be even happier if I could use it for 6% with the CSP too!

I guess we’d know for sure if someone used chase pay with one of those cards but didn’t get the email... I’m not willing to take the risk, so I won’t judge anyone else that isn’t either lol.

I'm seriously considering it too.... but mine was the 'big' upgrade offer...only thing holding me back is the MSR since I'm still working on SPG Biz (altho almost done,thankyou realty taxes for 6 mos) Now I just have to find that link that shows me the offer again....
:sad:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....... I guess it's my own fault...... I went back and found the link at DoC...when I clicked it this time it only offered 15k to upgrade.....so I guess I lost that first big offer I saw when I looked last week....:headache: there is no way 15k points is worth a 5k spend to me.....

Ahh, thanks! I'm not likely to buy any more points. But I do think I will give them a call and maybe try to get the rest of this year put on the SPG. It's funny - I just want a spend over with when I get a new card. Can't deal with it hanging around. So, I'm busy coming up with 5K and want it done right this minute! I'm at over 3K as of this morning between my new appliances, a medicare part b premium bill for the rest of this year, and if I add some DVC dues it will help.(Also, whatever the plumber costs next week if they take Amex.)

I 'just' got approved for Medicare part b starting September 1 (and yesterday got the bill) and the gov will take a credit card no extra fees, just have to snail mail it with my signature and the card info. So, mid November to early Dec will be a good time for another card for me - DVC dues and next years Medicare bill, if I can pay it all at once. (They have some language about setting up an auto pay on the info.) Plus I'll have 2 insurance premiums due totaling about $1300. Great time for a 5K card!! I'm trying to think ahead here. Also need it to be a biz card to keep me on my x/24 tracking. (I still want some Chase cards.)

You should have two options to pay your DVC dues via your SPG card.

You can either pay them off in full 1x using the card

Or

Purchase Disney GC and apply those to your dues. Unless something has changed since I did this in April you can apply partial payment using gift cards. The benefit here would be if you buy discounted gift cards, like at Sam’s Club.

Either way you can get that spend on your card.

Okay I’m taking a risk at asking and looking foolish, but can someone explain balance transfers to me? The only thing I know about them is you can transfer your balance from one card to another card and this usually incurs a fee.

My CFU has interest charges, cash advances, and balance transfers at 0% until 9/1/19. In my plan to open the Disney visa and Discover it, I didn’t consider using balance transfers at all. Is there any reason why I should consider it?

BT's are pretty straight forward, you get CC a to make a payment on CC b. Call up CC A and ask for it, you may be able to do it all on the phone, or they'll direct you to how to do it yourself. Some cards I think you can do online now but I haven't done one in ages so I haven't looked for it on my accounts. The thing to remember about BTs is there's no grace period on interest charges, as soon as CC B deposits it interest starts accruing. Since you have 0% for right now that doesn't matter much in this case cuz you're going to pay it off well beforehand right? :teeth:

Most Chase cards I've looked at have a higher fee than others, 5% fee vs 3%. So have to see if that one time 5% is better than other options. But your cheapest option is trying to make a purchase at 0% interest. Can you split it to just put that amount directly to the CFU? Or is this in case you open a card without a 0% interest offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter