I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
question for anyone who signed up for the latest sams/groupon deal.... WHERE do I find my free food coupons? I can't see anything in the lame app... what am I missing?
When I did it earlier this year, none of them showed up until I went to the store and completed the in store scavenger hunt.

question for anyone who signed up for the latest sams/groupon deal.... WHERE do I find my free food coupons? I can't see anything in the lame app... what am I missing?

They are really hard to find but essentially, they are attached to your membership. When I checked out, I told the gal that I had signed up with all these free foods as a promo but told her I couldn't see them anywhere in the app. She said they will just come off automatically but if they didn't, she'd manually remove them. Thankfully, they all came off on their own. I never showed a coupon or anything.

I haven't used the app, but on the website I just click on 'Your Account' - 'Instant Savings' and they were in the list of offers there. I've used all but the rotisserie chicken and they came off the bill automatically at checkout.

Given that I made two runs to Staples and neither of them credited, the only reason I would be going in there now is to use up my AmEx 10% offer.
I wonder why you are having the problems. That is a bummer.
I’m sure you already said, but did you add a filler item? Not sure if it matters or not. I happened to be grabbing less than $10 of school supplies anyways.

Thanks for the info! LOL on the mechanical bull. I can see my 9-year-old attempting that if it’s still there.

We’ll have 4 full days, so I’m planning one beach/pool day, one day for Old San Juan, one day to go to the rainforest, and then one day for whatever we want (probably more beach/pool if it’s up to my kids).

Did you ever visit the El Yunque rainforest? I think I’d prefer to book some sort of guided excursion with transportation from San Juan to the forest. Need to do some reasearch on that.

We did El Yunque on a cruise excursion to the waterfall. We had friends that did it on their own and just followed the trails. I don't remember if it was in the forest or nearby but they also did an ATV ride they recommended. The guided tour was good as the guides pointed out the different species of flora with commentary and one found a Coqui frog for us to see. It was so tiny and camouflaged so well if you didn't know what you were looking for you'd miss it. Hubby never did see it, I had to point it out to him later in the picture I took. It's a bit of a hike from San Juan, I remember it being like a 45 or 60 minute bus ride so it is something I would look for a transportation bundle, if you weren't planning to rent a car anyway.

:offtopic: So my phone is very much on its death bed. I need to upgrade. Anyone have the iPhone 6/7/8Plus? Is it way too big for comfort? I love the size of my iphone 5 and honestly wish they would make a new one the size of the old 4. My wife makes fun of me cause I won't just part ways with it. She has the iPhone X for personal use and her work gave her an iPhone 8. I think I need a button so the X is out. Maybe I just want to go big this time...so many decisions. If I trade in today I can get $100 back for trade in from my current phone and I have $15 credit from some bill points thing I have.

Im cheap when it comes to things for me. So I am shipping to my parents house in New Hampshire to save the $50 or more in sales tax and I'll drive the 1.5hrs to pick it up. I'll make it a sleepover with the girls as my wife is heading to Kansas City tonight for 2 days.

Sorry...that was long and not cc related..thanks for listening. I guess its good I pay my bill with a CC and not debit...so now it relates!

I'm not sure they do any deals on it, but I think someone else pointed out the SE is the same form factor as your 5s, just with better insides. If I were a iPhone person, that's the phone I was looking at since it's conveniently sized. However, when I was looking to replace my mom's 4s with it, we made the decision to go with the 6s instead of the SE for the bigger screen size for old eyes. She was surprised at first and I wasn't sure it was a good decision, but after using it just a few days she loved it. So I'm glad we decided on it. It's still skinny enough width wise to hold in one hand but it's so much easier to use. (and it looked like the phones her friends at work use so felt more like part of the group now. :laughing: who knew "peer pressure" or whatever it is, was a thing still that close to retirement age? I thought I left that all behind in HS. I was wrong :) )

If you think the Plus might be too wide, just getting the regular will still be an upgrade and after using it consistently for a few days I'm sure you'd get used to it. But if you've got large enough hands, the Plus still feels ok too and it's thin enough that as long as you're not wearing skinny jeans it should fit in a front pocket... I haven't seen too many men's pants it doesn't work in since they give them actual pockets. Ladies are not meant to actually use their pockets, if they are given one at all, so it's not even a consideration for me since it's so much easier to pull out of a pocket then fumble around with a bag. Hubby upgraded from a normal-ish sized phone to a phablet. At first he wasn't sure it would work, it just fits in his pocket and it's just at the edge of what's comfortable one handed. But after a few weeks, he said he couldn't go back. He recently got a iPhone 7 as a corporate phone and he says it's tiny :laughing:

Reactions: Ava
after this past month of deals I have a whole new category/page in my finances book to hold all the gc's I need to use now..... it's almost ridiculous and if I wasn't running out of $ to fund more I would keep on going! (sigh, more deals than my budget can handle this summer,I know, 1st world problems!)

...and the worst part is.....having all those gift cards but not wanting to use them as they won't earn you any points! :rolleyes:

Chugging along with my 32.5k MSR requirements for the next three months. Almost done with my Amex Biz plat. It is going slow because I have been busy lately, but I hope to knock a bunch out this weekend and upcoming week. Also waiting for a bunch of bank bonuses to post.

I'm now thinking when I'm done with my current MSR to MS on my Delta Plat for some MQM's. Im 34,000 Delta Miles short for first class to Rome. I have enough for Delta comfort. one way the cash value is $950. One way in first is $7,000+. I would need 60 Giftcards high estimate of fees would be $420. SO has enough for first class so I just need to up my miles. Plus I would get some MQM's not sure this has any value for me tho. Anyone have any thoughts on if this is worth it?

Last edited:
...and the worst part is.....having all those gift cards but not wanting to use them as they won't earn you any points! :rolleyes:

Yes! I can't make myself do it if it's a category spend and for the last few weeks that's all we've had - either it's a category or we have an offer to use on a specific card. Now we have a new card showing up with a MSR to hit so depending on how this fridge problem goes we may be throwing anything not getting a discount onto that instead, and the GC's will still sit.

I just have to keep telling myself that we already got points for the gift card better than I would be getting in points now. It works for normal stuff but gets harder to convince as the earning rate increases :)

Trying to figure out our next moves.. Currently both DH and I are at 4/24. (my CSR drops off in November so then will be 3/24, DH will be 3/24 next month). Eventually we will both want to double dip the CSR/CSP but that won't be until beginning of next year for DH and maybe a bit later for me (need to figure out how to do the PNC thing and how all that works - can't do $8,000 in 3 months until both kids are in college but that will be next fall and not sure I can wait that long)

So, it seems we would both have a spot to use for a personal card as by the time we can double dip we will be at 4/24 again. I am waiting on CIP to arrive but $3000 of that I already have spent so that will knock off a bunch of that spend.

DH recently got the Barclays Arrival + recently and that will be good for about $700 in travel credits. Thinking maybe I should get that one now. Since it is a MC I can easily use that to pay Mortgage by Plastiq for 2 months and that will knock of that spend. Seems that would be better than AMEX cards? Any other ideas. Want to lay off chase so the double dip goes well.

Also want to get started on the Citi AA Business Cards. Seems you can do those every 60 or 90 days. Those are MC too so could use those for Mortgage. Just have never flown AA before but I'm sure we can use them sometime - be nice to have a stash of other airline miles and our SW will be going down here soon and can't double dip those until end of next year.

So many options it gets so confusing...

If you like the smaller size, have you checked out the SE? That's what I got a couple of years ago since I didn't want the larger size and I'm still happy with it.

I love my SE too :D My dh has a 7 and it just seems ginormous to me. The SE has a better processor and camera than the 6 but the same size as the 5S. It's a great option for those wanting smaller size!

Hasn't that been out a couple years? I feel like if i'm going to buy a new one to keep until it dies, I should get the current model. I'm afraid with the new models coming out in the fall, the SE will start to lose support.

Hasn't that been out a couple years? I feel like if i'm going to buy a new one to keep until it dies, I should get the current model. I'm afraid with the new models coming out in the fall, the SE will start to lose support.

It has been out for a little over two years, I think?? You mentioned the 6 in your post though, and the SE came out after the 6, so that is why I, and maybe @schmass, thought it might be an option :) That and your mention of the smaller size preference.

Definitely makes sense to buy a newer model if price and appeal is there!

It has been out for a little over two years, I think?? You mentioned the 6 in your post though, and the SE came out after the 6, so that is why I, and maybe @schmass, thought it might be an option :) That and your mention of the smaller size preference.

Definitely makes sense to buy a newer model if price and appeal is there!
The SE came out with the 7, it will be two years in September.

Oh ok, my bad! I thought it came out the May before the 7.
Hmmm, maybe you are right? I know it was offered on a great deal with Verizon the same day they released the 7s, as we got 3 phones that day. It's very possible I am wrong LOL.

Edited to add, I am indeed wrong!

I wonder, though knowing they have to call to book the party tickets they would probably have to do that, if Chase can book dessert parties. The one for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam came out and I kind of want to do it but will be alone and am not sure I want to spend the extra money. But if I can use UR for it...

Hmmm, maybe you are right? I know it was offered on a great deal with Verizon the same day they released the 7s, as we got 3 phones that day. It's very possible I am wrong LOL.

Edited to add, I am indeed wrong!

I got mine in Oct 2016 and mine was a refurb...For some reason, I had remembered the May 2016 as the launch for the SE, noting that my phone was only a few months old. My dh did get a 7 in Sept 2016 though.

Not trying to sway you one way or the other, but if the hardware can handle it Apple will keep supporting it. Just because they stop selling it directly doesn't mean the support has ended. I have an iPad Mini 2, released 2013, that still gets iOS updates and runs what I need. They stopped the 4s at iOS 9 because it didn't have the spec required for some features of iOS 10+. And it's still a popular form factor so I'm not surprised about the rumors of SE 2. Although, then you'd have to decide if you want to wait for that or not. That might be another "mid year" release like the first one which came out in the Spring after the normal Fall release of the 6s products it's based on.

Love my SE too. It’s just the right size for me. I have an iPad if I need a bigger screen for something. Got mine October 2016 like wendow, so almost two years old now. I figure if a phone can last two years then that’s great. Can’t see myself needing to upgrade anytime soon, so I’m very happy about that. I’ll be interested to see what they come out with for SE 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter