I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I messaged Citi about getting my 50,000 AA miles +$200 offer for $2500 MSR matched to the 70,000 offer. The rep said he would escalate it to rewards but that if they match it to the 70,000 miles then I will have to spend $4000 in MSR. I thought everyone was just getting the match for the lower amount. I guess I'll see what the rewards person says.

I’m going to reach out for the match tomorrow. I hope I really don’t have to spend 4K though.

I had to start booking stuff on Sunday because the SANParks tent camp we want to stay in opened up for July 2019 reservations last week. I watched the June 2019 dates fill up so fast. I didn't want to chance not getting the tent size (with 4 beds) we need. I also booked Shindzela, the all inclusive safari camp for two nights. Then I reserved 5 nights at the Protea Hazyview Hotel with points and booked a London House Hotel family suite for 2 nights. The Protea Paul Kruger Hotel has not been available for my dates on points even at the 50 week mark. I'm going to keep checking regularly to see if anything changes.

Since I have started paying some non refundable deposits, I bought trip insurance through insure my trip to cover the deposits. I'll add the flights when I book them later. I checked the Marriott Premiere Plus travel insurance first, but it didn't cover everything we wanted (medical and trip interruption).

I think I'm going to charge the rental car to the Skymiles AMEX and pay the $19.99 per rental period to get the AMEX primary insurance. It will be must cheaper than adding the car to the trip insurance I bought or to the car rental agreement. I never buy the rental car insurance, but since we will be driving around elephants, I think it's a good idea.

Anyone have any tips about getting a rental car with credit card points?
You can book car rentals in the US through the Chase portal, I’ve never looked for rentals outside the US.

I had to start booking stuff on Sunday because the SANParks tent camp we want to stay in opened up for July 2019 reservations last week. I watched the June 2019 dates fill up so fast. I didn't want to chance not getting the tent size (with 4 beds) we need. I also booked Shindzela, the all inclusive safari camp for two nights. Then I reserved 5 nights at the Protea Hazyview Hotel with points and booked a London House Hotel family suite for 2 nights. The Protea Paul Kruger Hotel has not been available for my dates on points even at the 50 week mark. I'm going to keep checking regularly to see if anything changes.

Since I have started paying some non refundable deposits, I bought trip insurance through insure my trip to cover the deposits. I'll add the flights when I book them later. I checked the Marriott Premiere Plus travel insurance first, but it didn't cover everything we wanted (medical and trip interruption).

I think I'm going to charge the rental car to the Skymiles AMEX and pay the $19.99 per rental period to get the AMEX primary insurance. It will be must cheaper than adding the car to the trip insurance I bought or to the car rental agreement. I never buy the rental car insurance, but since we will be driving around elephants, I think it's a good idea.

Anyone have any tips about getting a rental car with credit card points?
So cool about your trip, I hope you do a mini trip report. Were all those hotels booked with points?

Quick question. I had used Disneygiftcard.com site to combine my $200 gift card with my $300 card and it was showing a balance of $500 on the site. When I used the GC at DL, only the $300 was showing. Do I have to use the $300 up before the $200 show up? I am confused since this was my 1st time doing it. Of course, with the free breakfast and HH at the hotel, we have spent very little in the parks.

I'm wondering if you ever got this straightened out?

I have bunch of $50 cards from the Best Buy AmEx offer and my plan was to combine them on the Disney gift card site . . . Anyone else with any issues with this site?

I have bunch of $50 cards from the Best Buy AmEx offer and my plan was to combine them on the Disney gift card site . . . Anyone else with any issues with this site?
Not since the site first launched. Originally you couldn't combine cards you got with from Disney locations to cards you got from third party retailers that sold them. It has been fixed since.

Ok, DoC says you can't get the SPG personal if you have or have had a Marriott biz in the last 30 days... still have my Marriott biz opened in 1/18 so does that mean I can't get an SPG card?

Oh wow, this is very helpful. So you can technically open the Ink card, then also double dip on both Sapphires. WOW! That sounds so rewarding hahaha I think I have waited long enough to get the $200 promo with the Premier Disney Visa again too, but since this is also Chase, it would probably be factored into the 5/24 again? I will definitely PM them. Thanks for all your help!

So I could technically qualify for the Ink cards. I did not realize Chase had so many other great options. The Ink Cash on bills and gas is definitely something I would also consider. I have to look into the process of transferring the points to the Sapphire Reserve because this definitely seems like the way I should probably go.

Between my husband and I we have all the Chase UR earning cards now. He is the proud owner of the Chase business trifecta and I have the personal. As mentioned if you can go two player it is easier...but one player works. Just make sure you don't go too fast as Chase has what is called a shut down if they judge you a risk. Research the cards and post here before you decide to apply for your first one. Take your time. Decide which ones you want to get and we can walk you through on the right way to go about it. As you can see the people on this board are AWESOME!

I’m jumping in the middle of a conversation here, but I’m interested in this Disney card and DVC topic. Is this in reference to purchasing a DVC contract with a Disney credit card? Meaning, making the down payment with a Disney credit card? What bonus does the Disney card have? Is this better than using a CSP?

As stated if you have the premier it is $2 for every $1 spend. The real benefit though for me was to put some of the money on it (I split which cards I used) and pay off the Disney over the next 6 months. I bought an October UY direct for 100 points so it was about $10000 was on the Reserve and the rest on the Disney Visa.

This is very interesting! I bought into dvc not too long ago and recently received an offer in the mail to add on points. A part of me is thinking it might be worthwhile with this strategy... I just don’t know if it’s worth the large expense right now. I have to put some more thought into it. Thank you for the information!

I got the Copper Creek offer also but since I paid less than half of what they charge now, it's not something I even glance at.

Now I am curious! That is the first I have heard of the offer. What are they offering? I bought the OKW points direct and have a BLT contract that the sellers are sitting on and haven't returned their closing documents. I know I am being negative but I am afraid they are going to back out and breach the contract. So I might as well have possible options...

Yeah, that’s the issue with dvc, especially buying direct. I was willing to buy direct and pay more only because I don’t have to worry about being excluded from offers, and honestly for it being easier. If I did the add on offer, with that savings plus the credit card rewards, it might save me more vs adding on direct at a later date when the prices are even higher. The logical side of me is saying that I shouldn’t do it though because it’s a large expense that I don’t know if I want to make when I’m trying to save for other things. The offer is valid until I think October, so I’ve got some time to go back and forth over it lol. Decisions, decisions...

I have been happy with the direct purchase...for what it is worth as I am a total newbie to it. I do agree that prices will go up. :)

I did on Sun when I got home. I first added the another card and then transferred to the other card. It now shows the correct amounts (at least on the site.)

Ok, DoC says you can't get the SPG personal if you have or have had a Marriott biz in the last 30 days... still have my Marriott biz opened in 1/18 so does that mean I can't get an SPG card?

You still can before the new restrictions go into effect on 8/26.

Quick question- got an offer from Disney Visa to upgrade my card to Premium version. $100 statement credit, $50 annual fee, so I am thinking I would make out with $50 just for doing this. However, I am at 5/24.. does an upgrade count?

I upgraded mine years ago for a similar offer and it had the same card number even. It should not count.

@PolyRob just so you don't jeopardize getting too many cards with Chase too soon I would recommend you just upgrade your Disney to the Premier if that is the route you decide to go. If you cancel and get a new card it will count against you on the 5/24 (how many cards you have opened in the last 24 months).

If 2 nights at the Courtyard Virginia Beach is $581 or 80k points, it’s better to pay out of pocket, right? And I’m thinking it is better to use by CSR now instead of SPG Biz?

So I messaged Citi about getting my 50,000 AA miles +$200 offer for $2500 MSR matched to the 70,000 offer. The rep said he would escalate it to rewards but that if they match it to the 70,000 miles then I will have to spend $4000 in MSR. I thought everyone was just getting the match for the lower amount. I guess I'll see what the rewards person says.

@DisneyMandC. I'm interested in how this turns out. Good luck in getting matched without the extra spend.

I’m going to reach out for the match tomorrow. I hope I really don’t have to spend 4K though.

Yeah, I doubt I'd do it if they're going to make me do that. Especially since I have a $200 AA statement credit right now too.

I SM'd to match and was given the match by the rep who responded with no mention of any additional spend. I was just told they would match and I would see the additional 20K included in my total AA Advantage account within 2 billing cycles.

On another note, does anyone know what GC denominations we need to use for AA GCs to trigger the $200 statement credit?

I upgraded mine years ago for a similar offer and it had the same card number even. It should not count.

@PolyRob just so you don't jeopardize getting too many cards with Chase too soon I would recommend you just upgrade your Disney to the Premier if that is the route you decide to go. If you cancel and get a new card it will count against you on the 5/24 (how many cards you have opened in the last 24 months).
I will definitely wait and just upgrade. Maybe I can get targeted for this offer. HAHA I will keep an eye out.

I did see in my Chase account I still have the $300 checking and $200 savings promotions for new accounts. I have always been tempted since it is pretty much always there, but now that I am making a large purchase, this sounds like a great way to cover closing costs ::yes::

Think this is too crazy?
  • Disney Visa, SPG personal 8/16
  • CSR 8/17
  • CIP 5/18
  • Marriott personal 8/18
  • CIC 10/18 or 11/18
  • Double Dip SW for CP biz plus personal 12/18 or 1/19
Credit karma 800, credit limit including biz cards is about 15% of total income

Think this is too crazy?
  • Disney Visa, SPG personal 8/16
  • CSR 8/17
  • CIP 5/18
  • Marriott personal 8/18
  • CIC 10/18 or 11/18
  • Double Dip SW for CP biz plus personal 12/18 or 1/19
Credit karma 800, credit limit including biz cards is about 15% of total income

It's more than I'd be willing to do...But I'm pretty much terrified of a Chase shutdown :faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter