I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Does anyone know if Grubhub or Uber Eats code as restaurant for these offers?
So the terms say: Food delivery merchants will qualify if they classify as a restaurant. I looked and the last time I charged Uber Eats on my CSR the category was "Food and Drink" which is the same category it used when I dined at Sedona Taphouse. So I'm thinking it probably would.

It took at least two weeks after I got 3/3 before I got my bonus.
Did you move the $5k out after it was complete or after you got the bonus? After getting the bonus do you know how much has to be left in the account for it to remain free?

Did you move the $5k out after it was complete or after you got the bonus? After getting the bonus do you know how much has to be left in the account for it to remain free?
I have not but I want to. I was wondering if anyone else had? I believe DOC said no minimum balance. I have been meaning to go and read some comments there to see if anyone has.

There was an elevated offer on the IHG Premier someone posted a few days (a week?) ago.

I've been busy shifting CL around on my Ink cards so I can meet MSR on my new CIC. Heading to Staples tomorrow.

Just noticed a restaurant offer on both my older Chase biz cards - spend $10, get $5 credit. Also on my personal SW and Marriott cards. Not on DH's Ink cards yet, but on his Marriott and IHG also. Keep an eye out!

Now I'm curious what happens if I use a card with both a Panera and the restaurant offer. Will both offer apply on one purchase? I may try it this week!
I just found it on my Bonvoy Biz, CIC, IHG and Chase Freedom.

YAY! According to my calculations, we are only one $200 GC away from meeting MSR on the latest CIC. It took less than 30 days but I used GCs to pay tuition for most of it.

Now I am turning my attention to selecting our next card. We have 3 players. Are there any especially high SUBs out there I should consider? My go-to will be another Chase cic/ciu if I don't find another card to get instead. We haven't been flying much lately so our travel expenses consist mostly of hotels, car rentals, gas, and dining. I cant find it but I seem to remember a website where you can look up each card's historical SUB so you know whether or not the current SUB is special.
When I couldn't remember the USCCG I'd Google "historical credit card offers" and it's usually one of the first options. Some of the blogs come up for more popular cards too but USCCG has had a page for every card I've wanted to look up.
https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/

Has anyone completed and gotten their AmEx business checking bonus? My counter says 3/3 complete and I know it could be 8-12 weeks, but I'm curious if anyone has gotten them quickly.
AmEx is not as quick on the bank side as the CC side, where the bonus can post before the charge clears. It's usually weeks. Early on it was in the 6-8 week range but I think it's been posting faster lately, around 2-4 weeks for these MR offers.

DW has an AMEX Gold and Plat that will likely be canceled this year. She also has a business checking account. Will the checking account keep her MR alive after the gold and plat are canceled?

Found a DP for you https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...points-with-debit-card-spend/#comment-1545761
As long as the checking account linked up with the existing MR account from those cards, then it should be good to go. (If it didn't link up you'd see a different MR balance from the checking portal I think. It's an unlikely scenario but better to check before than be sad after.)

Chase has its own policies and while you're frustrated, you need to understand what those are before you blame them for having those policies. I agree with others that your AU cards are going against you. Amex doesn't backdate AUs, so whenever you became an AU on the Gold is going to show as a new account as of that day. [Chase and Capital One backdate AUs, so if I ever want to add an AU, I do it after the 24 month mark of account opening.] With Chase, I've had an AU removed from one of my cards but I (not the AU) was the one who had to make the request, then AU followed up with the credit agencies to have it removed. If just saying you're not financially responsible for the card doesn't work for you, what I did is an alternative.

There's no problem getting approved as a sole proprietor, that's always been the way me and P2 have done it for the past five years. Pay attention to your total available credit line with Chase (<50%-60% total HHI) and your velocity. You don't need to have a business checking account with Chase.
Thank you so much! This explains ALOT! I appreciate the information greatly.

Found a DP for you https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...points-with-debit-card-spend/#comment-1545761
As long as the checking account linked up with the existing MR account from those cards, then it should be good to go. (If it didn't link up you'd see a different MR balance from the checking portal I think. It's an unlikely scenario but better to check before than be sad after.)
Thanks both mine and DW's AMEX account shows the same MR balance looking at our cards and checking account. I also saw in that link that the checking account should also keep MR alive if you cancel all other cards. Which would be good since DW has a gold and plat that will be canceled this year. Just to be safe though I'm going to try for the fee free BBP if they increase the bonus.

I want to be sure I am correct about my card count. I think I am 4/24 and will stay that way until June 2023:

June 2021 CSP
June 2021 CSR (PC'd to CFU)
Oct 2021 Am Ex Hilton biz
Jan 2022 CIU
April 2022 CIU
June 2022 Am Ex Gold
Sept 2022 Am Ex Plat
Nov 2022 CIU
As a practical matter, you would not have been approved for that last CIU if you were 5/24, so as long as you didn't apply for any personal cards since Nov '22 you're good. In addition, you could always install the Credit Karma app on your phone and see what banks are seeing as far as personal accounts (helps with banks that have mixed reporting like Capital One).

Question on Chase bank bonus. If 2 player mode, does the direct deposit have to be from that person? My payroll is really easy to switch and DW’s takes more effort. Just want to be sure that a direct deposit from me into her account won’t be an issue.

Not sure which cards you are closing, but a couple of us on here have gotten retention offers on the priority this year. They gave us $150, no spend, so it covers the annual fee and you can hold it to use benefits, get another year of points, etc before closing. Might be worth going through the hassle of a phone call to see if you're one of the lucky ones.
thanks for the reminder,I may try that!

Question on Chase bank bonus. If 2 player mode, does the direct deposit have to be from that person? My payroll is really easy to switch and DW’s takes more effort. Just want to be sure that a direct deposit from me into her account won’t be an issue.
I do this all the time for bank bonuses. a portion of my paycheck into DH’s new account for the bonus. I haven’t experienced any problems.

My account just got a DD from Hubby and the checking portion of the bonus has already paid. You're good.

For those of you with a P3, is it difficult to transfer points between accounts? My 21DD lives at home and I was thinking of using her to generate points (I would make the spend). She has a (low paying) job and excellent credit.

Last edited:
Well after calls to Wyndham, my account was hacked, but I had nothing in it, LOL, I got that fixed. They had changed the secret question to something I obv didn't know. My call to IHG took 2 tries. The first person was adamant it wasn't my account since they changed the phone number and email. But I finally got back into it. When I did the phone number and address of the hacker was there. I googled them and wonder if it's worth having the info at all. I got my points back. They tried for like $500 in giftcards.

I'm waiting to see if mypoints will reissue the $100 from the best buy card I don't want! UGH. But only have online inquiry for them. So I'm waiting.

I went through and changed any account that had the same username/password combo. I'm hoping I'm a tad more safe. We'll see. Wasn't a fun Friday afternoon as I was in a panic to see how many accounts they hacked.

I hate my new card indecision. I'm not sure why I'm dragging my feet on applying for the Delta Biz Plat. It's on my list of cards to get. The offer is decent. Who knows when I'm going to use the miles or need the "free" bags though. I was thinking about the Inks I have. I have 1 CIU, 1 CIP (which was a CIP to CIC to CIP again) and 2 CICs. I know you can have multiple Inks. Just wondering if I close my CIU and apply again at some point (and if I'm denied I can turn the CIP into it, so I still have the 1.5x UR card). Those in the multiple Ink game, how are you juggling them all? I guess right now I wouldn't do an Ink so it doesn't matter. Though it could be the next card I try after Delta.

Random question- my 1:45 pm flight home from Panamá (to MCO via MIA) is 30 min to 1 hr delayed. They’re asking for volunteers in the app. $300-675 (I would pick $675) for a 4pm flight. Would get me home about 2 hours later than scheduled (I had a stupid long layover in MIA) At what point do we think they might raise the offer? Should I wait a bit before picking? I won’t be broken hearted if I lose out but if I take it I’d like to get the most possible.

Also The Lounge Panamá in terminal 1 is underwhelming FYI. No self-serve and it’s a few sad bits of cheese and meats and canned drinks and coffee.

If I take the bump I’ll hit up one of the other lounges further from the gate to compare.

Has anyone here ever used Capital One points to “erase” the cost of renting DVC points through David’s or similar agency? My fiancé and I have a lot of leftover points from honeymoon hacking, and would love to be able to erase our hotel cost if those agencies code as travel!

Tabacon was wonderful. Same excellent service levels as at Andaz. Thermal hot springs were so nice at the end of a day’s sightseeing. We were really surprised how quiet it was at the hot springs after sunset - easy to find a secluded spot and so relaxing.

How was the weather/temps? I am also booked for the Tabacon/Andaz combo, but worry it will be so hot that we wouldn't enjoy the hot springs.

Would love a TR if you have time. Especially interested in any excursions/tours, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter