I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you found out when your bonus points will post? I've met the MSR and my statement closes on Dec 8 so I'm curious if I need to do anything additional to get the bonus points.
When I messaged them, they confirmed I've met the MSR and that it can take 4-6 weeks to post the points. Perhaps someone else has better DP?.

In my rush to get my bills paid before I went on my cruise last week, I mistakenly sent my Capital One payment to my Quicksilver card, which had a zero balance, instead of my Venture X, which DID have a balance.

Anyone know whether C1 has an SM option (that I've so far been unable to find)? I keep remembering why I dislike C1...

In an odd twist, all 3 SW cards were approved. So now I want to check here before I make any more mistakes since I know all 3 cards should not have been approved. 5/24 is not an issue (but 1/30 for business card should have been an issue, but it was approved via email). Meeting the minimum spend on 3 cards is not an issue. Knowing that, will I really be able to get the 75,000 pts from one personal card, 75,000 points from second personal card (applied for with MDD), and 80,000 points on the business card.... so total of 230,000 points PLUS the companion pass (as long as I wait to meet the min spend on all 3 cards until the new year starts)? Caveat, both personal cards are already automatically added to my Chase account, but the business card is not (even though I got an email saying it is approved), any thoughts about that, is it really approved? Is there a chance they may cancel any of these cards since I now have 3 (which shouldn't be allowed, right?). My thought for the most likely cancellation would be the second personal card (since I shouldn't be allowed to have 2, but I tried MDD when I thought business card was denied).

Any advice is appreciated!
If you didn't already have a business online account then you'll have to wait for the card to arrive to create one for the Biz card. Once that happens you can link it to your personal if you want, as others have outlined. If you already have a biz account and it didn't automatically appear, then you'll have to call to have it added to your existing account. Something about the app must have made it look like a different profile so it didn't auto link.

If you choose to link both accounts you'd log into the biz to see all accounts. They may have changed it with their recent tweaking but previously when you logged in with the personal it would still only show just the personal accounts.

Congrats on being one of the lucky few that slipped in multiple card approvals! It's a rarity but always happy to hear that 1/30, 2/30 remain soft rules.

Have you found out when your bonus points will post? I've met the MSR and my statement closes on Dec 8 so I'm curious if I need to do anything additional to get the bonus points.

When I messaged them, they confirmed I've met the MSR and that it can take 4-6 weeks to post the points. Perhaps someone else has better DP?.

Barclays is weird. When it's working correctly, the points should post a couple days after the statement closes. That's what happened for me. But the statement credit took 3 SMs over several months to get.

Now I see DP that the points are delayed but the statement credit is posting. It's like they fixed one thing and broke the other. :headache:

P2 was approved for a personal SW CC and will need the support bonus from supporting DD and myself to earn a CP. I want to make sure that he does not earn the bonus too early and mess up getting a CP. Is it best to wait until January to support DD so the points do not post in 2022? Thank you.

Depends on when your Dec bill drops If early dec, you can do spending now as next cycle won't close until Jan and post. Use caution on this.

P2 was approved for a personal SW CC and will need the support bonus from supporting DD and myself to earn a CP. I want to make sure that he does not earn the bonus too early and mess up getting a CP. Is it best to wait until January to support DD so the points do not post in 2022? Thank you.
Do you need the other card(s) open now when the bonus is elevated? What is the next closing date of P2s card?

In December 2021, I needed to get my card open while the bonus was elevated and have the support for Hubby not hit until his January statement. As soon as he opened his card, we got his closing date bumped up to early in the month so that his December statement closed 12/2 and then all spending, referral, etc from that point forward would hit for the New Year on 1/2. We were able to successfully refer my card the first week of December as well as put all our December spending on that card and the points hit for January.

That said, you may not have enough time for this. We knew in advance that timing was going to be tight, so he apped in early November and changed his date right away. The elevated bonus for SW ends tomorrow so you may not have enough time to change P2s closing date. I'm assuming the CP is more valuable than the elevated bonus points on the other two cards, so that's what you should prioritize.

Hey, thanks for this! Only took a few mins since we already have an acct, as well. Plus, it seems like the cash management acct provides ATM reimbursement globally, so that is probably I feature I could actually use! The question is, can I be hassled to set up an acct for DH?

The Fidelity ATM card will be a good back-up to my Schwab. I noticed that it said there's a 1% foreign transaction fee, but I see many reports that doesn't apply to ATM withdrawals, only debit card purchases.

Do you need the other card(s) open now when the bonus is elevated? What is the next closing date of P2s card?

In December 2021, I needed to get my card open while the bonus was elevated and have the support for Hubby not hit until his January statement. As soon as he opened his card, we got his closing date bumped up to early in the month so that his December statement closed 12/2 and then all spending, referral, etc from that point forward would hit for the New Year on 1/2. We were able to successfully refer my card the first week of December as well as put all our December spending on that card and the points hit for January.

That said, you may not have enough time for this. We knew in advance that timing was going to be tight, so he apped in early November and changed his date right away. The elevated bonus for SW ends tomorrow so you may not have enough time to change P2s closing date. I'm assuming the CP is more valuable than the elevated bonus points on the other two cards, so that's what you should prioritize.
The closing date is not being displayed in P2's account yet only a payment date of 1/10/23. I am not sure if this means his first statement will close around 1/13/23 or 12/13/22. I opened a Chase Aeroplan CC on 9/30/22 and was surprised that the first closing date was 10/16/22.

No, we do not need to open the other cards while the bonus is elevated. The elevated bonus for DD would be nice but not a requirement. The CP is the priority. I am at 5/24 until January so I have to wait anyhow.

I was not sure if the support points are tied to the cc statement or if they post differently to the account. I think I will just generate the support link and wait to have DD apply. If the link with the elevated offer works when she applies great if not we can generate a new link at that time.

The closing date is not being displayed in P2's account yet only a payment date of 1/10/23. I am not sure if this means his first statement will close around 1/13/23 or 12/13/22. I opened a Chase Aeroplan CC on 9/30/22 and was surprised that the first closing date was 10/16/22.

No, we do not need to open the other cards while the bonus is elevated. The elevated bonus for DD would be nice but not a requirement. The CP is the priority. I am at 5/24 until January so I have to wait anyhow.

I was not sure if the support points are tied to the cc statement or if they post differently to the account. I think I will just generate the support link and wait to have DD apply. If the link with the elevated offer works when she applies great if not we can generate a new link at that time.

That means the statement will close 12/13/22. Once you see the statement close, it'll be safe to do the support. The support points post at statement close.

The support link sometimes stay elevated for a bit after the public offer ends. Your DD would still have a chance at getting the elevated bonus.

That means the statement will close 12/13/22. Once you see the statement close, it'll be safe to do the support. The support points post at statement close.

The support link sometimes stay elevated for a bit after the public offer ends. Your DD would still have a chance at getting the elevated bonus.
I'm not an expert, but, if they call first thing tomorrow and request a closing date of, say, the 3rd, will they then bump closing out to 1/3 and they could support right away? That should work, right?

I'm not an expert, but, if they call first thing tomorrow and request a closing date of, say, the 3rd, will they then bump closing out to 1/3 and they could support right away? That should work, right?

Never tried it, so no first hand knowledge. But I think the change wouldn't take effect until the next statement. Was that how it worked for you?

@Judique - do you apply GC you purchased this year to your 2023 DVC dues now? Or do you wait until the dues post? I have GC for next years dues and not sure if I want to apply them to my 2023 dues before they post.

@Judique - do you apply GC you purchased this year to your 2023 DVC dues now? Or do you wait until the dues post? I have GC for next years dues and not sure if I want to apply them to my 2023 dues before they post.

Last year I applied about half the dues amount before they posted. It came of the top and then when January rolled around I owed a payment.

This year I'm waiting until they are posted and then I will pay down each of my four contracts until I've exhausted what I've collected.

That will give me more time to get the better gift card deals, plus earn a few cards.

Edit: If you have enough cards to pay the whole year, it should be fine to pay at any time. I've never had enough cards to do that. So far I've been able to keep above 10% by collecting as I go along.

Thanks for the information. We will have DD do her application sometime after the statement closes. If the support link with the elevated offer still works great, if not she will just get whatever the current offer is.
Thanks for the suggestion but DH would not be willing or able to call first thing tomorrow. We will just leave things as is and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter