• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase is doing 5X UR's on some cards for groceries for 3rd quarter. Seems like it is mostly co-branded cards. I've gotten two emails for cards for me and DH. Does anyone have the link to the site where you can enter each card to see if that card is eligible for the promo? I can't seem to find it by googling it.

I have it open so I can do it fri. If you have a current offer active on the card for this quarter that's what will pull up. And both my dis and hyatt had q2 offers.

https://www.chase.com/mybonus

I referred DH to a CIU and when he applied got the 7-10 day message. Got the letter online and it says it was due to "too many credit cards opened in the last two years associated with you". Is this the 5/24 message? He thought he was 4/24 but....

I haven't done Delta One. But we are going to Paris this year so this was intriguing. Thing is, we're happy with lie-flat seats on Air France business class which are 55K each, so it's still a huge difference. But also don't know what we're missing...
I would go AF Biz over DL One, but that may just be me. I don't see much of a difference between the two products. DL One is the same as Biz class on many other airlines, nothing like La Premiere on AF or some of the other ME and Asian airlines.
I'd appreciate suggestions on a hotel loyalty card/brand to pursue. We have had IHG for 10+ years but I want to expand. It is mostly used for my husband's business stays at IHG although we occasionally stay one night here or there. We've stayed executive level a few times at Hilton and like that perk, but I'm also open to Hyatt.

In the next year I have trips planned to London/U.K., Oklahoma City, Orlando for a convention--last time it was at Rosen Shingle Creek, and then WDW on property for a few days, and Glacier National Park via Seattle. After that we will be officially done with college tuition and plan to travel a lot more.

Just got this email from IHG. These are my three primary categories, but timing is bad as I'm working on a minimum spend for Venture X:

From July 1 to Sept. 30, you can earn 5X total points for every dollar spent on up to $1,500 in combined purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and home improvement stores with your IHG® Rewards Credit Card.*​

Activate your special offer by Sept. 30, 2022.​

Should I aim for Hilton or Hyatt?
edited to add: I already have CSP and Disney Visa
I would go Hyatt if you're sure they are going to be where you want to go. The only downside to Hyatt is a smaller footprint compared to Hilton, which would be my second choice.
Does anyone rent from Dollar or Thrifty and use Sunpass? Their website has some unclear wording but makes it sound like cash or the plate pass is the only option?

"
Plenty of toll roads have now converted to All Electronic Tolling; tolling that no longer offers traffic booths for travelers to stop and pay tolls in person. If your travels lead you through a toll road with no options to stop and pay, PlatePass® All Inclusive Tolling is the perfect solution. Be sure to check with the local tolling authority for all available payment options.

“PLEASE NOTE: If you decline the optional PlatePass All-Inclusive service at the start of the rental period, but still use electronic toll roads and/or bridges during the rental period (including “cashless” or “all electronic” toll roads and bridges, as noted above), you will be liable for and we will charge you: (a) all tolls incurred for such use (at the highest, undiscounted applicable toll rate); (b) a $15.00 administrative fee (FL & Boston Area - $9.99 per occurrence) for each toll incurred (subject to a $90.00 cap for such toll-related administrative fees for the rental period); and (c) all other applicable toll charges or fees, if any.”
I used the Visitor Toll Pass with a Thrifty Rental in January and my IL IPass with a Hertz rental in October. If the toll reader finds a transponder it goes to that first, then it checks the plate number against a list of transponders, then goes to PlatePass. If you have the transponder, and/or have the rental plate on your account it shouldn't ever get back to the rental company.

Chase is doing 5X UR's on some cards for groceries for 3rd quarter. Seems like it is mostly co-branded cards. I've gotten two emails for cards for me and DH. Does anyone have the link to the site where you can enter each card to see if that card is eligible for the promo? I can't seem to find it by googling it.
yes i posted it a few times sorry if its a repeat
https://www.chase.com/mybonus

I got no bonus ill check again in a week I only have the Starbucks 10x right now 😥

Thank you! What to do what to do.... the only option from CLE is to Frankfurt, but we can then hop a flight or train to pretty much anywhere in Europe.
Frankfurt is not really touristy, but it is a hub for everything.

I haven't done Delta One. But we are going to Paris this year so this was intriguing. Thing is, we're happy with lie-flat seats on Air France business class which are 55K each, so it's still a huge difference. But also don't know what we're missing...
We just flew back from CDG last week on AF in biz. They changed planes on us at the last minute and wow, the seats were tired. Also, depending on your palate, the food is either much better or...not. DD and I are not adventurous eaters so foie gras as an appetizer isn't our thing (please, a salad!), and since I don't eat beef nor pork, it was down to duck, salmon or cous cous, food choice wise. Duck also isn't my thing and salmon on a plane seemed risky (I live by the coast and am super picky about fish though). The desserts were amazing, I do have to admit that and boy can the French do bread 😋

The seats weren't as comfortable as Delta's NEW product but old seats are uncomfortable on all planes and the in flight entertainment wasn't nearly as extensive. However, it was much cheaper (this recent DL flash sale notwithstanding) so it was fine for a transatlantic trip. If I had my choice, though, I'd always go with Delta (again, I eat like a 4 year old and don't sleep on planes so watch a LOT of the ife!). A bad biz class seat is almost always better than a good economy seat, in my experience. Enjoy your trip to Paris🥐🍷🧀

We just flew back from CDG last week on AF in biz. They changed planes on us at the last minute and wow, the seats were tired. Also, depending on your palate, the food is either much better or...not. DD and I are not adventurous eaters so foie gras as an appetizer isn't our thing (please, a salad!), and since I don't eat beef nor pork, it was down to duck, salmon or cous cous, food choice wise. Duck also isn't my thing and salmon on a plane seemed risky (I live by the coast and am super picky about fish though). The desserts were amazing, I do have to admit that and boy can the French do bread 😋

The seats weren't as comfortable as Delta's NEW product but old seats are uncomfortable on all planes and the in flight entertainment wasn't nearly as extensive. However, it was much cheaper (this recent DL flash sale notwithstanding) so it was fine for a transatlantic trip. If I had my choice, though, I'd always go with Delta (again, I eat like a 4 year old and don't sleep on planes so watch a LOT of the ife!). A bad biz class seat is almost always better than a good economy seat, in my experience. Enjoy your trip to Paris🥐🍷🧀
If it only it was close in points, but Delta One would be 3 times as much! Indeed, bad biz seat is better than good economy. And thanks

Is it better to ask about retention offers before the AF hit? Is it specific to Amex or Chase? We have 2 CSRs and CSPs that were opened last June, so trying to figure out whether to ask about retention now or wait until the AF hits in the coming days. I know Chase is being stingy but it's worth asking
We got a retention offer via SM of 40,000 MR for $3000 MS after AF hit

Last edited:
Sorry you got denials. I have this card on my radar. Any ideas as to why they didn't approve your applications?
No but if you read the comments on DoC it’s pretty common. I hate their website anyway so I guess it’s for the best.
It may be time for me to just stop chasing bonuses for awhile and earn additional points on the cards I have.

I referred DH to a CIU and when he applied got the 7-10 day message. Got the letter online and it says it was due to "too many credit cards opened in the last two years associated with you". Is this the 5/24 message? He thought he was 4/24 but....
I don’t have first hand experience but I think that’s the wording for 5/24

Does anyone rent from Dollar or Thrifty and use Sunpass? Their website has some unclear wording but makes it sound like cash or the plate pass is the only option?

"
Plenty of toll roads have now converted to All Electronic Tolling; tolling that no longer offers traffic booths for travelers to stop and pay tolls in person. If your travels lead you through a toll road with no options to stop and pay, PlatePass® All Inclusive Tolling is the perfect solution. Be sure to check with the local tolling authority for all available payment options.

“PLEASE NOTE: If you decline the optional PlatePass All-Inclusive service at the start of the rental period, but still use electronic toll roads and/or bridges during the rental period (including “cashless” or “all electronic” toll roads and bridges, as noted above), you will be liable for and we will charge you: (a) all tolls incurred for such use (at the highest, undiscounted applicable toll rate); (b) a $15.00 administrative fee (FL & Boston Area - $9.99 per occurrence) for each toll incurred (subject to a $90.00 cap for such toll-related administrative fees for the rental period); and (c) all other applicable toll charges or fees, if any.”

I have a sunpass for when we go down to Florida. I go into my account and put the rental car license plate number in, put the pass on the dashboard, close the rental car pass thing (so it doesnt register) and they automatically charge my account.

Do you find the AF website clunky to use? I've been searching and it lets me do one, then when I want to edit my search it just spins and I give up.
I use chrome and I run into this exact issue constantly. If you are seriously thinking about booking AF or KLM, I do really like SeatSpy to help for the lowest cost availability. You can try them out for free. They show a whole year's worth of availability, outbound and return, side by side, which is pretty user friendly. But only for nonstop routes, like ORD-CDG, for example. I also find the AF app friendly to use when searching for availability.

Hello, I also have a very limited palate! We are flying AF Biz in August and I am hoping to have time to eat in the lounge before we board and/or hoping for plain salad and bread.

If I accepted an Amex retention offer but did not meet the spend or receive the offer, it is my understanding that I wouldn't have to wait 13 months to receive another offer, as I technically never received an offer. Anyone know for certain?

I ask bc I just saw a pretty sweet dp about an Aspire retention.

1656553143856.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter