I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, instant denial for both myself and P2 on the Citi premier. Guess I better start looking for Plan B
Sorry to hear about the denials. I was denied for the Venture X back when it was 100k SUB, and was like “excuse me.” LOL! Denials are discouraging. The Citi Premiere is DH’s card. I looked back at his stats and he was 4/24 & 2/12 when he was approved. FWIW.

Wow, instant denial for both myself and P2 on the Citi premier. Guess I better start looking for Plan B
I was able to get it last year right after they moved the bonus to 80,000 points. I applied my wife a few months later and she was denied. They seem to have gotten very stingy with that card.

Sorry you got denials. I have this card on my radar. Any ideas as to why they didn't approve your applications?

No but if you read the comments on DoC it’s pretty common. I hate their website anyway so I guess it’s for the best.
It may be time for me to just stop chasing bonuses for awhile and earn additional points on the cards I have.

Reports are Citi is particularly inquiry sensitive for the Premier. Might need to have 0 hard pulls in the last 6 months, or possibly 1/6.

@elgerber does that fit your stats for the credit report(s) they pulled?

Chase is doing 5X UR's on some cards for groceries for 3rd quarter. Seems like it is mostly co-branded cards. I've gotten two emails for cards for me and DH. Does anyone have the link to the site where you can enter each card to see if that card is eligible for the promo? I can't seem to find it by googling it.

Thanks for this. Can I ask for further explanation of what this is? How do I get notified of these 5x's UR's?
I'm new to all of the credit card fun that you guys enjoy. I put in my Freedom and got an offer for Starbucks at 5%. I entered in my other two Chase cards and neither were elegible. Thanks in advance!

Hello, I also have a very limited palate! We are flying AF Biz in August and I am hoping to have time to eat in the lounge before we board and/or hoping for plain salad and bread.
Where are you flying out of? I was super disappointed with the CDG lounge with the lack of refreshing their cheese selection-it sat out for about 3 hours (yes, we were there a while :laughing: ) but their desserts were good and they had a green salad and a beet salad which were both fairly fresh and refreshing. The butter on the flight was good (the bread was fine-nothing too special, sadly) as were the desserts and the spicy cous cous was a happy surprise for me (I had low expectations). It's nice to have pre-order meal option so you can gauge how much to eat in the lounge--I learned this the hard way when we flew Qantas First class out of LAX--was soooo stuffed from the lounge I just had fruit and bread for dinner (#2) on the flight. Live and learn and eat😋!

Ugh. Informed delivery not only doesnt have my new hyatt card again but a jury duty summons. And almost 3 years after the last one. I totally am behind it being our duty and stufd but my mom hasn't been called in at least 10 years and I get 2 in 3 years :oops:
Jury duty is so random. I know people with multiple summons and some with none.
Where are you flying out of? I was super disappointed with the CDG lounge with the lack of refreshing their cheese selection-it sat out for about 3 hours (yes, we were there a while :laughing: ) but their desserts were good and they had a green salad and a beet salad which were both fairly fresh and refreshing. The butter on the flight was good (the bread was fine-nothing too special, sadly) as were the desserts and the spicy cous cous was a happy surprise for me (I had low expectations). It's nice to have pre-order meal option so you can gauge how much to eat in the lounge--I learned this the hard way when we flew Qantas First class out of LAX--was soooo stuffed from the lounge I just had fruit and bread for dinner (#2) on the flight. Live and learn and eat😋!
Preordering is a good idea based on our recent experience. Flying back from LHR on AA biz, I had made selections for all 3 of us. Imagine my surprise when the captain came on overhead to announce delays due to catering. He said they did not have enough meals and we would be waiting for them to arrive. 5 minutes later he comes back on to say the catering company cannot deliver all the meals for 3 hours so he is sending crew into the airport to find food. Preordered meals were delivered, the additional food was not. He also said if you thought this was poor service please complain to AA as they don’t listen to the employees complaints. 😳 He was clearly ticked off.

Thanks for this. Can I ask for further explanation of what this is? How do I get notified of these 5x's UR's?
I'm new to all of the credit card fun that you guys enjoy. I put in my Freedom and got an offer for Starbucks at 5%. I entered in my other two Chase cards and neither were elegible. Thanks in advance!

Periodically Chase offers bonus categories on certain cards. These offers seem to be only on their co-branded (Hyatt, Marriott, et.) and somewhat targeted. Sometimes I get an email from Chase letting me know of the offer and the need to activate it and sometimes I need to go into the Chase site to see if a card has any offers. It seems somewhat random to me as I can't find any correlation between cards used vs offers received.

These offers are separate from the 5X UR bonus categories each quarter with the Freedom cards.

Where are you flying out of? I was super disappointed with the CDG lounge with the lack of refreshing their cheese selection-it sat out for about 3 hours (yes, we were there a while :laughing: ) but their desserts were good and they had a green salad and a beet salad which were both fairly fresh and refreshing. The butter on the flight was good (the bread was fine-nothing too special, sadly) as were the desserts and the spicy cous cous was a happy surprise for me (I had low expectations). It's nice to have pre-order meal option so you can gauge how much to eat in the lounge--I learned this the hard way when we flew Qantas First class out of LAX--was soooo stuffed from the lounge I just had fruit and bread for dinner (#2) on the flight. Live and learn and eat😋
I've been to both did you go to the domestic 2 level one? it was WAY better than the international one.

I got an email on my SW card to activate. My husband didn't get the email but then entered his SW card and had the offer, too.

So, the short answer to how you get notified is to watch here and then check all your cards once people say a bonus is out there. You may be lucky and also get an email from Chase, but maybe not. :-)

I got an email on my SW card to activate. My husband didn't get the email but then entered his SW card and had the offer, too.

So, the short answer to how you get notified is to watch here and then check all your cards once people say a bonus is out there. You may be lucky and also get an email from Chase, but maybe not. :-)

Well, for the record, I haven't gotten ONE email from Chase in all of my 10+ years of having Chase about bonuses so keeping my eyes peeled here is what I'm going to have to do. Why do they do that to us? Don't they want us to spend money? :mic:

Regarding the extra bonuses, if they already give 5X for gas on the IHG Premier and the extra bonus is 7X for gas, do they stack? I am guessing they don't but it would be great if they did.

Jury duty is so random. I know people with multiple summons and some with none.

It is. Work will give us 1 week paid but that's it. I need to see what it says on the other side of the postcard but also which court it's at. I'm guessing and hoping it's for the one by my house, close enough I don't get travel $ and not the one dt seattle.

Also still waiting for my Hilton points which I'll be calling about at 903 tonight if they aren't there after the 48 hours. Very ready for july to start tomorrow.

DD got engaged on Saturday- planning a summer 2023 wedding- probably July- so a little over a year to plan. I'm looking for destination ideas for their honeymoon that could be a good redemption for me to use for them. I think ideally they'd like some type of Caribbean/beach vacation and it would be great if it was all inclusive. DD would like to go somewhere besides Mexico just because she'd like to go somewhere she hasn't been before, but not entirely opposed to Mexico. We have lots of Hilton points and opportunites for FNCs, but also have lots of URs we could transfer to Hyatt. We don't have much in Marriott and they seem more difficult to earn for us. I had looked at the Hilton La Romana in DR and also Jamaica Rose Hall (where I know you can use points but not FNC) so would appreciate feedback from anyone who has been to either of those. Also any other suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter