I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this year Chase had an offer with their SWA card for 100,000 points with a $10K spend. Used those points and some already on the account to get four round trip tickets to WDW this Thanksgiving week. Then I used my BoA premium rewards cards to pat for the taxes and Early Bird option for both trips. BotTom line was it cost me $4.80 for the four tickets, I love playing the game.

Anyone who's been to Costa Rica stayed at Los Altos Resort or Andaz Peninsula Papagayo (Hyatt properties)? Pro or cons? Difficulty booking?
Both seem to have availablity for my dates but of course won't let me actually see because I don't have enough points and I don't want to transfer without being certain.

Anyone who's been to Costa Rica stayed at Los Altos Resort or Andaz Peninsula Papagayo (Hyatt properties)? Pro or cons? Difficulty booking?
Both seem to have availablity for my dates but of course won't let me actually see because I don't have enough points and I don't want to transfer without being certain.

If you do not login to your Hyatt account - you should be able to see points availability.

We've booked the Andaz for next February - split stay with The Tabacon Thermal Resort. Had no problem booking either one.

If you do not login to your Hyatt account - you should be able to see points availability.

We've booked the Andaz for next February - split stay with The Tabacon Thermal Resort. Had no problem booking either one.
I'm thinking split stay for these 2 for Spring break in March. We've been twice but DS does not remember as he was 3 when he went. We loved Manuel Antonio when we were there, so Los Altos looks great.

Haven’t been, but I looked into the Los Altos Resort. I think the points rate is only for double occupancy. Extra person would be $150/night for age >12.

Planning a trip to NYC Aug 5-9 to see the Music Man and hopefully a few other shows with DS 25. Just the two of us. Would love to have separate sleeping areas but hate to get 2 rooms. Any suggestions? We’re there 4 nights. Flying into LGA on SW. we could stay near the airport Friday night and Monday night since we have an evening arrival and early departure.

When not logged in, it says "rates from 20,000 per night" and I can't go further. But when logged in it now shows 66,000 points for 3 nights for one resort (I guess because I'm close at 60k points?) but the other just says "not enough points to book" without telling me the actual points so I know how much to transfer.
Haven’t been, but I looked into the Los Altos Resort. I think the points rate is only for double occupancy. Extra person would be $150/night for age >12.
Thanks I will look into this before booking.

Last edited:
When not logged in, it says "rates from 20,000 per night" and I can't go further. But when logged in it now shows 66,000 points for 3 nights for one resort (I guess because I'm close at 66k points?) but the other just says "not enough points to book" without telling me the actual points so I know how much to transfer.

Thanks I will look into this before booking.
If you want to PM me the info, I am happy to look for you. I have a bunch of points.

If you want to PM me the info, I am happy to look for you. I have a bunch of points.
Thanks. I was able to chat to find out. Plus I asked about additional fees for a 14 yo child per @wanderlust7 and was told none (screenshot that for sure) So I transferred URs and booked! Dang my UR balance is low. 80k points will post Monday but looks like I need another card.

Earlier this year Chase had an offer with their SWA card for 100,000 points with a $10K spend. Used those points and some already on the account to get four round trip tickets to WDW this Thanksgiving week. Then I used my BoA premium rewards cards to pat for the taxes and Early Bird option for both trips. BotTom line was it cost me $4.80 for the four tickets, I love playing the game.
Stories like this inspire me to try "the game" again but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I think if I could ever figure out all the abbreviations on this board that would help, haha!

Stories like this inspire me to try "the game" again but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I think if I could ever figure out all the abbreviations on this board that would help, haha!
ha, it's page 1 of this thread the game is easy to start out with one system like chase or AMEX. Become obsessed and then end up having both for everything. We're here to help! I've given up trying to get my dad to use rewards for all the cruises they do they don't get it and then they always ask how I am affording XYZ I say points and I honestly don't think they believe me lol.

I have one ad on the top of the page I don't block ads they help pay for the site. With the amount of traffic the disboards get I am willing to bet this is a 30k a year hosting charge. Dont mean to sound like a downer but ads help pay for things.
I don't mind a few ads, they pay the bills. I started using Opera a few years ago when the popups were unbearable. I don't use ad blocking software but I don't currently have any ads. 🤷🏼‍♀️
ETA, now I'm getting an ad banner at the bottom which is pretty unobtrusive.

Last edited:
When not logged in, it says "rates from 20,000 per night" and I can't go further. But when logged in it now shows 66,000 points for 3 nights for one resort (I guess because I'm close at 60k points?) but the other just says "not enough points to book" without telling me the actual points so I know how much to transfer.

OK - if I can see availability at the "rates from 20,000 per night" - then I look at the points calendar to determine the nightly cost

OK - if I can see availability at the "rates from 20,000 per night" - then I look at the points calendar to determine the nightly cost
This is the step I missed. 🤦‍♀️ No worries though. Got it booked. So excited even though 270 days away! I'm not one to calculate how much I get out of my points as my goal is 'free' but dang those rooms at Andaz are $1100 per night for our stay, 22k points is quite the deal.

I don't mind a few ads, they pay the bills. I started using Opera a few years ago when the popups were unbearable. I don't use ad blocking software but I don't currently have any ads. 🤷🏼‍♀️
ETA, now I'm getting an ad banner at the bottom which is pretty unobtrusive.
ahh nice yeah i only have the one at the top :)

Thanks. I was able to chat to find out. Plus I asked about additional fees for a 14 yo child per @wanderlust7 and was told none (screenshot that for sure) So I transferred URs and booked! Dang my UR balance is low. 80k points will post Monday but looks like I need another card.

I would email the hotel directly so there are no surprises at check in. There are complaints on TripAdvisor of unexpected charges when booking third party. Los Altos is an SLH and not an actual Hyatt.

I was considering this place until I saw the extra people charges, so I certainly hope I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter