I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To verify chase reserve is still allowing grocery purchases to qualify for travel credit? I logged onto my
dashboard and it said through june/21.

I'm fairly certain this ended June 30, 2021. The best way to use the CSR travel credit is to book a refundable Southwest flight (either Anytime or Business Select) for greater than $300. The credit should post within 1-2 days of the charge going through. Then, cancel your flight and receive a credit back to your CSR. You can then spend that $300 on anything you want on the card or even transfer it to another card to offset an existing balance.

THAnks! I am the companion and our flight got changed. ( changed to a flight that absolutely will not work for or us) but I didn’t get an email about the change. So I was just curious.
I'm fairly certain this ended June 30, 2021. The best way to use the CSR travel credit is to book a refundable Southwest flight (either Anytime or Business Select) for greater than $300. The credit should post within 1-2 days of the charge going through. Then, cancel your flight and receive a credit back to your CSR. You can then spend that $300 on anything you want on the card or even transfer it to another card to offset an existing balance.
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-reserve-benefits
Benefit extended until 9/30/2021

YOU are ON IT! Lol, but I checked your link and I think it's gotten even better:

........\\\More ways to earn your Annual $300 Travel Credit
There are more ways to earn your annual $300 Travel Credit. Through Dec. 31, 2021, gas station and grocery store purchases will count toward earning your Travel Credit. Footnote7(Opens Overlay) You’ll also earn points on these purchases. And, as always, after your first $300 in travel purchases, you’ll immediately start earning 3x points on travel. Footnote8(Opens Overlay) All with your Sapphire Reserve card.......///////

We have a Boston and a Frenchton (Boston/Frenchie mix) and like a pug, because of their short noses (pushed in facial structure), they don't breathe efficiently and frequently overheat from mild/moderate activity. We've considered a stroller for them, but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Love the pics!

From the web: "Due to their facial structure, brachycephalic dogs do not breathe and pant efficiently. ... BAS causes a dog's breathing to be inefficient, meaning they are unable to cool themselves down properly. This places them at an extreme risk for developing heatstroke or heat exhaustion"
My 2 Bostons LOVE the heat, especially my younger one! He will run around fetching a ball for hours in the 95 degree heat that is now SC, and still be fresher than a watermelon, lol. I'm not even joking! We laugh that we could be exhausted just sitting outside right now for more than an hour, but he'll run around for 3 hours and have a blast in the extreme heat! He is super athletic. People comment all the time how muscular he is. (Maybe he can regulate his body heat better than most, and we do have a big doggie pool that he'll go in frequently.) He'll play for hours outside in summer, come in and still want to play play play. But we attend a Boston Terrier meetup with about 20-30 others, and not many of the other ones enjoy the heat like mine do. Even my older Boston who is approaching 5 will chase his soccer ball for a long time before stopping to rest. We had read previously before owning Bostons that they are low energy and good for apartments. NOT! Mine are sooo high energy.

ETA: Even as I type this, they are on the porch sunbathing, in the 90 degree heat! We have a doggy door so they can come in and out at leisure... they will lay out there for hours in the sun!!

THAnks! I am the companion and our flight got changed. ( changed to a flight that absolutely will not work for or us) but I didn’t get an email about the change. So I was just curious.

Hard to know if the lack of notification is about the contact info, or just a SW miss.In 2020, our Cayman flights were removed from the schedule- no notification from SW. Just this year, my kids flights were magically deleted by SW, no notification.

But, more often than not, I am notified.

You should be able to adjust your flights using their reaccomodation practices to select a different flight that works for you.

My 2 Bostons LOVE the heat, especially my younger one! He will run around fetching a ball for hours in the 95 degree heat that is now SC, and still be fresher than a watermelon, lol. I'm not even joking! We laugh that we could be exhausted just sitting outside right now for more than an hour, but he'll run around for 3 hours and have a blast in the extreme heat! He is super athletic. People comment all the time how muscular he is. (Maybe he can regulate his body heat better than most, and we do have a big doggie pool that he'll go in frequently.) He'll play for hours outside in summer, come in and still want to play play play. But we attend a Boston Terrier meetup with about 20-30 others, and not many of the other ones enjoy the heat like mine do. Even my older Boston who is approaching 5 will chase his soccer ball for a long time before stopping to rest. We had read previously before owning Bostons that they are low energy and good for apartments. NOT! Mine are sooo high energy.

ETA: Even as I type this, they are on the porch sunbathing, in the 90 degree heat! We have a doggy door so they can come in and out at leisure... they will lay out there for hours in the sun!!

Our 2 yo Boston really loves to lay in the sun too! It’s 90 and she’s out there in a sunny spot. She’s SUPER fast too- we call it the zoomies. She’ll do these crazy figure eight runs at high speed. She will gas out the poor Frenchton who will hide under the chairs outside bc she’s so exhausted. Our Boston will play fetch for hours. We have to hide the ball to get her to stop. She also doesn’t like to actually give you the ball, which makes fetch quite interesting.
The 1 yo Frenchton will probably need a stroller or limited walks at some point. She expends so much energy on simple walks and she will collapse over the a/c vent when we get back.
To keep this cc related, I’d actually like them to fly with us (and use some of those airline incidentals), but because of their BAS and temperments, we haven’t yet. I worry they will be too stressed. In situations where the Boston has been scared (balloon, air-compressor 😂) she’s hyper-ventilated. It’s almost like her tiny airway collapses and she can’t get air.7CE12348-15AF-4C97-A5AB-585206C6FE7F.jpeg

Last edited:
Our 2 yo Boston really loves to lay in the sun too! It’s 90 and she’s out there in a sunny spot. She’s SUPER fast too- we call it the zoomies. She’ll do these crazy figure eight runs at high speed. She will gas out the poor Frenchton who will hide under the chairs outside bc she’s so exhausted. Our Boston will play fetch for hours. We have to hide the ball to get her to stop. She also doesn’t like to actually give you the ball, which makes fetch quite interesting.
The 1 yo Frenchton will probably need a stroller or limited walks at some point. She expends so much energy on simple walks and she will collapse over the a/c vent when we get back.
To keep this cc related, I’d actually like them to fly with us (and use some of those airline incidentals), but because of their BAS and temperments, we haven’t yet. I worry they will be too stressed. In situations where the Boston has been scared (balloon, air-compressor 😂) she’s hyper-ventilated. It’s almost like her tiny airway collapses and she can’t get air.
that photo is the best!!!!

To keep this cc related, I’d actually like them to fly with us (and use some of those airline incidentals), but because of their BAS and temperments, we haven’t yet. I worry they will be too stressed. In situations where the Boston has been scared (balloon, air-compressor 😂) she’s hyper-ventilated. It’s almost like her tiny airway collapses and she can’t get air.
Sooo cute!! Yes I do think Frenchies or Frenchie mixes have a much harder time with the breathing/heat. When I lived in New York City, I literally saw a woman walking her Frenchie across the road, and he laid down in the middle of the crosswalk LOL. Poor guy! We have wanted to fly with them too. We went to Ecuador a few years back for several weeks and really wanted to take ours at the time, but the airline we we were flying with banned BAS dogs completely. Not sure if it's cuz it was a longer international flight, or just breed-specific to that airline. I'm sure you heard of the poor Frenchie that died a few years back on a flight 😥

Last edited:
Well it seems that WM is not letting loads happen again. I tried at the MC by the BFs house and struck out. Then tried the regular lanes at the WM by my house. I hopped on FT and Reddit and saw many are having this issue. So I spent my afternoon driving to 4 different FD to load $2k. I have another $1k left to load from my last Staples run.....

But then I saw that OD/OM is $15 back this week on VCG. So of course I had to stop and buy $400 more, LOL. My Amex payment posted, so I'm not maxed on that anymore.....and I just paid down $700 on the CIU to give me some more spending, LOL. I have $1800 left to spent on the CIU before 8/31. I'm at my $5k max, and my next payment posting isn't until 8/21 I think. So I'm going to pay it down enough to hit the MSR. I guess, I can stop and add some VGC to the CIU now too, LOL.

It's a never ending cycle.

Found out we need a roof repair in FL. Time for a new card. I applied for CIU and forgot to unfreeze. SMH. Unfroze and called. Approved with 3K limit.
Can I SM to move available credit around on my business cards? Don't want to risk missing a MSR due to a low limit.
yes

Has anyone applied for a CIP lately? I would assume that with a $15k MSR they would need to give you a higher limit than with the CIU and CIC so you would be able to meet it.

Found out we need a roof repair in FL. Time for a new card. I applied for CIU and forgot to unfreeze. SMH. Unfroze and called. Approved with 3K limit.
Can I SM to move available credit around on my business cards? Don't want to risk missing a MSR due to a low limit.
Yep! And they can expedite also.

DH just got the SW performance Biz card. If he gets me an "employee card" does that count against my 5/24 or am I good since it is a business card? I'm going on a trip without him and it would be nice to be able to use it then to help with the MSR.

Hello! I just found this thread and want to know the best credit cards I should be applying for maximum bonus points. Thanks!

Past 24 months new cards for myself
04/21- Comenity Capital Bank issued Carters Merchandise Card
07/21- Chase Sapphire Preferred

My husband has not opened any new cards in the past 24 months

We currently each have our own Chase Southwest Signature Card, I have the Chase Disney Visa and the Bank of America Alaska Airlines, My husband also has the Chase Visa Signature Amazon Prime Card. All of these cards we have had for many many years and now I am thinking I should close some and re open to get bonus points? We pay off each card each statement.

We love our Southwest Card as we do most our flying on Southwest. I currently do not use my Southwest Card so it would be very easy for me to cancel and in a few months re sign up. My husband uses his Southwest card for daily expenses. I use the Disney Visa daily as I'm trying to accrue Disney Dollars for a Disneyland Trip next summer. The Alaska card is used because when we don't fly Southwest we fly Alaska and with the card we get free luggage.

Please share with me the cards I should cancel and re open and am I missing anything?

We are currently saving for a Royal Caribbean Cruise in February 2022. Cruise is paid for from a canceled cruise credit during COVID. We plan to use Southwest points for the flights.

We also have a family wedding in Hawaii over Memorial Day Weekend. Nothing booked for that yet so will need airline miles and hopefully hotel points through Marriott.

And then as mentioned above a Disneyland trip in July. I currently have about $950 in Disney Dollars form my Disney Visa.

Thank you!!!

DH just got the SW performance Biz card. If he gets me an "employee card" does that count against my 5/24 or am I good since it is a business card? I'm going on a trip without him and it would be nice to be able to use it then to help with the MSR.
Does not count against your 5/24… you are good to help with the MSR.

Last edited:
Hello! I just found this thread and want to know the best credit cards I should be applying for maximum bonus points. Thanks!

Past 24 months new cards for myself
04/21- Comenity Capital Bank issued Carters Merchandise Card
07/21- Chase Sapphire Preferred

My husband has not opened any new cards in the past 24 months

We currently each have our own Chase Southwest Signature Card, I have the Chase Disney Visa and the Bank of America Alaska Airlines, My husband also has the Chase Visa Signature Amazon Prime Card. All of these cards we have had for many many years and now I am thinking I should close some and re open to get bonus points? We pay off each card each statement.

We love our Southwest Card as we do most our flying on Southwest. I currently do not use my Southwest Card so it would be very easy for me to cancel and in a few months re sign up. My husband uses his Southwest card for daily expenses. I use the Disney Visa daily as I'm trying to accrue Disney Dollars for a Disneyland Trip next summer. The Alaska card is used because when we don't fly Southwest we fly Alaska and with the card we get free luggage.

Please share with me the cards I should cancel and re open and am I missing anything?

We are currently saving for a Royal Caribbean Cruise in February 2022. Cruise is paid for from a canceled cruise credit during COVID. We plan to use Southwest points for the flights.

We also have a family wedding in Hawaii over Memorial Day Weekend. Nothing booked for that yet so will need airline miles and hopefully hotel points through Marriott.

And then as mentioned above a Disneyland trip in July. I currently have about $950 in Disney Dollars form my Disney Visa.

Thank you!!!
Your husband should get his own CSP, I’ve managed to pay for all of our Disney trip with Disney gift cards that I’ve bought at grocery stores then used the Pay yourself back feature to erase all the GC purchases. We are going to Disney on Friday and will use DH’s CSR for all dinning and use PYB on those charges.
It isn’t the best time to get a SW card because the SUBs aren’t great (40,000 points). And if you wait until Oct/Nov you can get 2 cards to earn the companion pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter