I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 100% agree. I have to have surgery in January with a large deductible so I will easily hit the spend. Still debating if it’s worth it to put all the spend on 1 card, or divide it between 2 Biz cards. Keeps my brain occupied while working. 😉

I had surgery on 10/7 and also have a large deductible. This is the first time ever that I'm trying to hurry up the hospital to bill me! Lol. It takes a while because they have to submit it to the insurance company first.

It's auto activated when you activate Q4 categories, but still unclear if it is for Flex only or also Freedom.

I think maxing twice is the better deal so you get your base 1% twice.

For quarterlies you get your base 1% + your bonus 4% = 5%.
It's the same with this promo, base 1% + bonus 4% = 5%
But, if you're already getting your 1% base on the quarterly category you do not get it a second time so 1% base + 4% quarterly + 4% bonus = 9%.
For that reason, I'd max a non-quarterly category so you get Quarterly: 1% base + 4% quarterly = 5% AND Promo: 1% base + 4% bonus = 5%

Reading the FAQ Drugstore might be a good one to max. 1% base + 2% drugstore + 4% bonus = 7%
https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom-credit-cards/flexfaq/topspendoffer
Assuming this is for Freedom as well I'll max Paypal/Walmart on my Freedom with regular spend, and also use the Freedom for grocery to just over my PP/WM total to ensure it's my top spend category. And if it's not for Freedom maybe I'll consider PC'ing to Flex. With that in mind, any reason to hang on to the Freedom vs PCing it? And, what happens with quarterlies when you PC? Would I be able to get them again on the Flex?
I agree with this. The comments on DOC seemed to be saying it was better to double up on a category. But that doesn't make sense to me since, as you said, you can only get the 1% base once. I definitely want to see some more detail on this offer.

Thanks @palhockeymomof2 for highlighting these new Southwest Offers!

Earn 50,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Earn an additional 50,000 points after you spend $12,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening.

This is an ALL TIME HIGH offer on personal cards as best I can remember. As always, please consider using a link on DISchurners to reward the community if you don't have access to any other link. For those sharing links, these need to be updated to show the new offer!

And you might want to revisit this recent comment I made if you are trying to think through all of this:

Southwest Companion Pass Update
So we've reached October DISchurner friends... and that means that we are officially in CP season. Yes, it's that time of the year where you can easily time your MSR and SUB to hit in 2022 and score a CP for as much as 23+ months!

I have my Fireside Chat with SouthFayetteFan on the Southwest Companion Pass HERE on DISchurners and I advise anybody interested in the Southwest Companion Pass (SW CP) to give it a full read. I'm going to post a few highlights here:
  • You qualify by either (a) fly 100 qualifying one-way flights or (b) earn 125,000 qualifying points in a calendar year. Once you qualify for the CP, you will have it for the remainder of that calendar year and ALL of the following calendar year. Most of our focus is around the 125k points option as it's easiest to achieve this through Chase credit card SUBs.
  • Not ALL points earned will qualify. Of note, transfers from Ultimate rewards DO NOT qualify. Also, transfers from hotel programs such as Marriott or Choice DO NOT qualify. You cannot earn a CP from transferring points so don’t try it. If you see an article that recommends this it’s either OLD or you should never trust that source again! For more details on what does or does not qualify see this page on the Southwest website.
  • AGAIN: Once you qualify for the CP, you will have it for the remainder of that calendar year and ALL of the following calendar year. Because of this, people attempt to earn the CP as early in the year as possible. You can have your CP for as little as <13 months and as much as 23+ months. Of course 23 is > 13 so most people want that.
  • Remember, you CANNOT have your bonus post in 2020 and have it count towards a 2021 CP – do not mess this up. For most people it’s easiest to just wait and meet the MSR on Jan 1 to avoid any stress around this issue.
  • You'll want to pay special attention to the "Am I Eligible" section if you have earned a SUB on any SW Card in the past 24 months.
There’s basically 3 strategies here which may or may not get you all 125k points - So make sure you do your math based on the current offers available:
1) TWO Southwest Business Cards
2) TWO Southwest Personal Cards which must be done via a MDD
3) ONE Southwest Business Card and ONE Southwest Personal Card

For anybody currently looking at a 2022/2023 CP your best bet to start on that path is the Southwest Performance Business Card and you can begin that now if you want. That offer, available via DISchurners support link, is for 80k SW RR points for $5k spent. Pairing that with a 2nd SW Business card will easily crush the CP requirement!

I am really NOT crazy about the current personal card 40k offers so I'd steer clear there if at all possible. If anybody wants help with their Southwest Companion Pass strategy, I'm available to chat about it! These new offers a LIT!

Good Luck and Happy Companion Pass Season to all of you!

I had surgery on 10/7 and also have a large deductible. This is the first time ever that I'm trying to hurry up the hospital to bill me! Lol. It takes a while because they have to submit it to the insurance company first.
Oh I’m lucky then! LOL! My hospital wants my estimated portion up front, and they reimburse me once insurance pays. Large deductibles are unfortunate, but they do help with those MSRs. Haha!

Oh I’m lucky then! LOL! My hospital wants my estimated portion up front, and they reimburse me once insurance pays. Large deductibles are unfortunate, but they do help with those MSRs. Haha!
My employer funds our HSA which I use to reimburse ourselves and I always pay for our expenses with a points earning card. I LOVE having a high deductible plan for this very reason!

I like some of these added benefits on the cards. EBCI credits, and $500 credit for points transfers. My kids have some orphaned points that I would like to transfer to my account, but hate paying the fees. This could come in handy.

• The Plus and Premier personal and business cards get a new benefit of 2 earlybird check-insper year.
  • All cards besides Plus (personal and business) earn 1,500 tier qualifying points towards A-List status for every $10,000 spent, with no limit on the amount of TQPs you can earn (previously this was limited to 15,000 TQPs per year).
  • All business cards get a $500 fee credit for Rapid Rewards transfers. When you use your card to transfer points to another Rapid Rewards Member, fees associated with the transfer will be reimbursed, up to $500 in statement credits per anniversary year.
  • All cards besides Performance Business now get 25% back on in-flight purchases.

My employer funds our HSA which I use to reimburse ourselves and I always pay for our expenses with a points earning card. I LOVE having a high deductible plan for this very reason!
Same. My husband’s company has an excellent HSA plan, and you’re right, it makes having a high deductible worthwhile. I’ve been planning my credit card strategy for the medical bills since I scheduled the appointment. LOL!

I don't love that massive spend for the SW card however 100k points is nice. Sent support to player 2 for a biz card to start the process for 2022/2023. Will have her send me back one as soon as she can for the personal new offer and that will actually get me there for keeping mine active for next year. That way we will both have it and can make both kids our companions.

Kind of wish I had waited a bit on that CIC now! Was looking to refer DH for a Southwest card since we'll be booking flights in early December for our July 2022 trip. The CIC spend is already a little high for us, and I'm not sure that I want to MS, so I guess I'll just think on it for a little bit. Maybe wait a month and then have him apply so there's less overlap in the minimum spend months?

Does anyone know if these new benefits get retroactively added to existing cards? The early bird check-ins would be nice for our trip, so if I don't get this benefit on my card, that might push me over the edge to get DH his own card before we book flights.

I don't love that massive spend for the SW card however 100k points is nice. Sent support to player 2 for a biz card to start the process for 2022/2023. Will have her send me back one as soon as she can for the personal new offer and that will actually get me there for keeping mine active for next year. That way we will both have it and can make both kids our companions.
That's what DH and I are doing... 2022 will be DH's 4th year of maintaining his CP, I'm going to try to earn it for 22/23. Since the free change window is gone, our flights will cost a lot more points, we'll need all the SW points.

Got home last night from Orlando. Spent part of yesterday afternoon at DS, trying to get some 50th Anniversary Merch. My budget was helped greatly by the fact there wasn't much to be had at World of Disney. Of the 5 things I had on my list I was going to get, only one was actually in stock. Still spent almost $300, but went in planning on hitting my whole MSR in one shot. If anyone comes across any Mickey, Chip or Dale anniversary plushes please keep me in mind. I'll be more than happy to pay shipping. That and a large zip up hoodie that was going to be a Christmas present for my grandmother who was there in '71. I may have to start stalking ebay for that one.

Got home last night from Orlando. Spent part of yesterday afternoon at DS, trying to get some 50th Anniversary Merch. My budget was helped greatly by the fact there wasn't much to be had at World of Disney. Of the 5 things I had on my list I was going to get, only one was actually in stock. Still spent almost $300, but went in planning on hitting my whole MSR in one shot. If anyone comes across any Mickey, Chip or Dale anniversary plushes please keep me in mind. I'll be more than happy to pay shipping. That and a large zip up hoodie that was going to be a Christmas present for my grandmother who was there in '71. I may have to start stalking ebay for that one.
I was there in September when they put everything out..had no idea how crazy everyone would be..bought a golf shirt for my DH and a Christmas ornament…wanted a spirit jersey for myself but those were sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter