• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! We just stayed there last week and I expressed my disappointment to the front clerk, but she just shrugged. I should have DMd Marriott on Twitter!! Were you there on Saturday night? There were 2 large events and they woke me up at 2:30 am out in the hallway.

No, we checked in on Sunday. It hasn’t been that busy here so it’s been nice. Though somehow the elevators get very busy at certain times and people just crowd in. I can’t tell you the number of times DH has made me go up or down the stairs. We are on the 10th floor. I’m getting my workouts in.

DH wasn’t happy that I complained. He was like I don’t want them to kick us out. Lol. I’m like relax it’s my Twitter and I don’t even have my name on it. They don’t know who I am. I had just told them the hotel. They had messaged back with we will look into it and get back to you. I kept looking for another message. Then the next day DH checked his email and the manager had emailed him directly. Oopsy, I guess they did somehow know it was us. 😂

Last edited:
It is such a bummer. We knew a ton of people, too, but sadly with COVID they got rid of tons of employees (including many longtime ones) and have not rehired many of them. When Blackstone came in they also cleaned house and got rid of a number of the bigwigs. It's super sad, and demoralizing to the employees that are still around. It was a great program when we first started (cocktail parties, etc.), but they've whittled things away every year. They also practically doubled the dues last year right before COVID so it's even more of a gut punch. We love the GW, and it's super disappointing to see what Blackstone is doing.

Wow. I just read some of the TA reviews. Yikes. I don't remember the long lines - is it a Covid thing? Or is it the condos they added on years after they built the hotel? We never had to wait in line for anything (well, maybe 1 minute for a bracelet and towels, but that was it). Glad we got out before they increased the dues. This was our "go-to" place in Hawaii, but we have a few other hotels that hopefully won't be destroyed before we have a chance to go back.

Wow. I just read some of the TA reviews. Yikes. I don't remember the long lines - is it a Covid thing? Or is it the condos they added on years after they built the hotel? We never had to wait in line for anything (well, maybe 1 minute for a bracelet and towels, but that was it). Glad we got out before they increased the dues. This was our "go-to" place in Hawaii, but we have a few other hotels that hopefully won't be destroyed before we have a chance to go back.
Lines seem to be a Covid thing, although they could get long at times even before. They are very understaffed.

Just popping in from Aulani to say the trip has not been completely cursed! Flights were fine, my car was waiting when we got to the Hertz counter, and we got our room request - partial ocean and Luau view. I was afraid we wouldn't be able to recreate the magic of our trip last year, but we are having such a great time. We needed this! I actually looked at extending our stay a few more nights, but there's no availability at Aulani Sat night, and with the COVID borrowing restrictions, we probably wouldn't have had access to enough points anyway.

I can barely tear my kids away from the pools, but we finally got out of the resort bubble today to head to the North Shore - Laniakea beach, Waimea Falls, food trucks, Matsumoto shaved ice. DH is doing a shark dive tomorrow. We were thinking Kualoa Ranch for Thursday, but everything is sold out. We may do the aircraft museum at Pearl Harbor instead, my DS would LOVE that, DD not as much.

Unfortunately the crepe truck with gluten free crepes is nor celiac safe - so much cross contamination. My DD is not typically very sensitive, but the longer she is GF the sicker she gets (this is only the 3rd time). I feel horrible! The GF crepes were a big part of my planning for the day and she was excited. I hope she feels better in the a.m. Luckily Aulani has been great with safety, and the natural grocery store by Target has so many GF options (as does Target), so we've had no other issues so far. It's her first trip since diagnosis, and she has definitely struggled with the restrictions and limited options. It's hard to see her disappointed, but I am thankful that there are at least some safe choices.

Last edited:

For fun, for anyone who did the Marriott Bonvoy cc last year and got the (5) 50,000 point certificates, where did you use them?

We ended up booking 2 rooms for 5 nights each at Walt Disney Swan Reserve over Thanksgiving break. Looks like cash rate and taxes + extra adult charges puts the rate at $633/nt. At one point I saw the rates at more like mid-300s plus taxes. So now I feel pretty good about my redemption rate, but it would’ve been fun to really try to maximize this somewhere exotic.

Anyone else doing something really fun with theirs???
I don't have that card, but I have two nights booked at the Reserve for Jan that I'm looking forward to. One of the nights is 60k points. That's great you could use your certificates.

The Amex Marriott biz SUB is 100,000 points and $150 cash back. Is that a good offer or does it get higher? Looking for a filler card for DH between chase biz cards.

Doctor of Credit is reporting the Southwest magic change window is opened. I have a ton of SW flights scheduled in April, May, June and July. Only my April flights (April 21 and 25) had the no-fee change language. Anyone seeing or hearing anything different? I’m dying for the window to open for my July 13/14 flights back from Hawaii!!

Doctor of Credit is reporting the Southwest magic change window is opened. I have a ton of SW flights scheduled in April, May, June and July. Only my April flights (April 21 and 25) had the no-fee change language. Anyone seeing or hearing anything different? I’m dying for the window to open for my July 13/14 flights back from Hawaii!!
I had May 9/13 flights that were eligible, also May 28/31 flights.

My flights for this weekend and next weekend have the red banner, but my flight for the next weekend (4/29-5/2) doesn’t.

Wonder if it depends on location...just checked 5/27 MCO- ISP and 6/1 ISP-MCO they weren’t eligible
I have a flight ATL>MCO this weekend that is eligible and the one two weeks from now that’s ATL>MCO as well is not eligible.
It might have to do with the fact that the Max8 is scheduled for our flight?
Neither of my eligible flights are scheduled for a Max8.

Can’t figure this one out!

When you PC a card (Chase), does the new card keep the same number? I have several things pending or recurring charges setup on my CIP, and wondering if I'll need to change to new digits if PCing to CIC.

When you PC a card (Chase), does the new card keep the same number? I have several things pending or recurring charges setup on my CIP, and wondering if I'll need to change to new digits if PCing to CIC.
You'll get an updated card with the same card number, new expiration date and CVV, but your old card will continue to work until the expiration date.

For fun, for anyone who did the Marriott Bonvoy cc last year and got the (5) 50,000 point certificates, where did you use them?

We ended up booking 2 rooms for 5 nights each at Walt Disney Swan Reserve over Thanksgiving break. Looks like cash rate and taxes + extra adult charges puts the rate at $633/nt. At one point I saw the rates at more like mid-300s plus taxes. So now I feel pretty good about my redemption rate, but it would’ve been fun to really try to maximize this somewhere exotic.

Anyone else doing something really fun with theirs???
I also booked 5 nights at Swan Reserve, ending on Oct 1. I forgot about the big anniversary going on then, expect crazy town.

Planning a 2 night stay at Aulani to finish up our Hawaii trip in July 2022, I would like to rent DVC points. The11 month window would open up in August, I would love to buy VGCs at the grocery store to pay. Can I use VGCs through PayPal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter