I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a disney visa (it was the premier when i got it but downgraded it last year cause i wasn't using it as i was working on gaining UR points, capitalone points etc.) i just got an email to activate 5% rewards on the Disney visa (doesn't say premier) for every $1 up to $1500 spent til june 30, 2021. so i activated it but dont see any info in my account confirming it? anyone else do this?

NEW Southwest Card Offer available via Support Link!

Southwest Performance Business Card:
- Earn 80,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- With the 25k "gifted" CP pts, this single card would place you just 15k points shy of a CP.

The previous offer still appears to be available on older support links. For reference, that offer is: Earn 70,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months PLUS, earn 30,000 points after you spend $25,000 on purchases within your first 6 months. For those with large amounts of spend, this might still be preferable.

This new one seems like a great offer though! Update your links on DISchurners!

Looking like the increased AF on the plat is more likely from DoC. Also no more guests with you to centurion lounges starting in 2023.

Think so far the lounge thing has people more upset, but it's also a sure thing where the AF is still a rumor though much more likely given the lounge thing did pan out.
The updated benefits are terrible. My next fee will post 12/31/2021... I was thinking about keeping it, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

• $300 equinox credit won’t use, not in my area
  • $240 entertainment credit, $20 monthly usable (magazine/news subscriptions, video streaming services and audio/music streaming services)
  • $200 credit for prepaid hotel bookings might use, but usually have enough points to cover hotel stays. Not a real benefit for me.
  • Annual CLEAR membership will replace TSA Precheck, but Global Entry seems like it’ll stay again - won’t use, we are good for another 2 years.
  • $100 temp Resy credit how does one ever use this benefit, why not just do dining credits?
Talk about a bubble burst! I was just coming here to post about this as well. I was literally just approved for the Amex Plat personal last week. I still haven't even received the card. I already have the Plat Business, and DH has the Plat Schwab, but we get enough benefit from them currently that I thought a second one made sense. But this will be a one and done for me if these rumors hold true. I'll actually be calling to voice my serve disappointment as soon as they confirm the changes. The Equinox credit is a joke. Super disappointed.

i have a disney visa (it was the premier when i got it but downgraded it last year cause i wasn't using it as i was working on gaining UR points, capitalone points etc.) i just got an email to activate 5% rewards on the Disney visa (doesn't say premier) for every $1 up to $1500 spent til june 30, 2021. so i activated it but dont see any info in my account confirming it? anyone else do this?
Yes! I had promos on my SW, Disney and Hyatt cards. All were slightly different, ie 5x on all,5x on gas, grocery, drug store. It will be a nice boost on points.

Closing Discover It, what happens if there's some cash back left? Should I just wait until statement close? It's only $1. I wanted to get P2's closed so he can re-app next year.

I am $40 away from hitting MSR on the CIC I was worried about. Thank you to stimulus money allowing me to pay braces in full. Without that I'd probably be stressing until the end since they wouldn't extend my date. The first card ended up being delayed 3+ weeks and arrived around the same time the second (requested) card arrived.

Last edited:

hat are you reselling? I like to try and hit the $15k on my hilton card for the free night. But since I'm normally using other cards for spends, I rarely spend on it. I used to do MS, but it's near impossible to get VGC here during Staples offers. So I'd love other ways to hit a spend. I know there are lots on Tik Tok making money w/ reselling, Amazon and drop shipping.

Gosh, this thread moves fast! Currently my husband and I mostly resell Goodwill/Facebook marketplace finds and sports cards on Ebay. We usually make around $4,000 - $5,000 in sales (not profit) monthly on Ebay. I recently purchased some Lego sets on sale to list on Ebay and see how that works out since Goodwill purchases don't cost a lot. I just received my business license and am in the process of finding a supplier for some specific toys to get unblocked on Amazon but Amazon is looking a lot more complicated than Ebay. Good luck!

totally off topic, but UGH. this is the third time they have scheduled this now...
We are looking forward to welcoming audiences back for the best of Broadway later this year. Unfortunately, the continued effects of COVID-19 on the touring Broadway industry are making it necessary for us to reschedule Hamilton. The new dates will be April 4 – May 7, 2023.

Okay delta experts, if I go for a Delta Platinum card (probably the business one) but buy basic economy seats, I know my seat selection is at check in but would I get priority boarding? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a delta amex card (I have one charge card slot left currently).

Yes, you will still get priority boarding.

totally off topic, but UGH. this is the third time they have scheduled this now...
We are looking forward to welcoming audiences back for the best of Broadway later this year. Unfortunately, the continued effects of COVID-19 on the touring Broadway industry are making it necessary for us to reschedule Hamilton. The new dates will be April 4 – May 7, 2023.

Boo to it being pushed out but yea that they have new dates. Hamilton is big in our house and my youngest can't wait for Broadway, either touring or NY, to get started back up. I promise it's worth the wait!!!!

Yes, you will still get priority boarding.

Boo to it being pushed out but yea that they have new dates. Hamilton is big in our house and my youngest can't wait for Broadway, either touring or NY, to get started back up. I promise it's worth the wait!!!!
We've already seen it, but the original dates were spring 2020, then Aug 2021, now 2023. So pushed out 3 years total. It's fine, that's the farthest any of our shows have been pushed out.

I'm thinking about doing a segway tour of Naples with the kids. Can use UR points. Anyone done a segway tour and would teens enjoy it?
We’ve never done a “tour”, but we rented Segways about 8 years ago in Ocean City Maryland, and rode them up and down the boardwalk for an hour. It was so much fun to my DH (30 years old) at the time that he purchased his own mini Segway a year later and has been riding it around local parks and our yard ever since 😂. So if that helps you at all... my DH is very much into technology, remote control cars, drones, etc so a Segway was right up his alley. If your teens are anything like him, they’d probably enjoy riding them. Again, not sure what the “tour” part indicates though. We were riding at our leisure wherever we wanted. If a tour limits you, it may not be as fun, or it may be more fun depending on what you get to see!

Ok guys—any recommendations for a password organizer for my parents? My dad (77) isn’t getting paper statements (has several cards) and doesn’t know how to log into his accounts. Just goes off the email saying your balance of $x is due month/day. I want to get it set up so my mom (who is much sharper now) can get into all of their accounts.

We’ve never done a “tour”, but we rented Segways about 8 years ago in Ocean City Maryland, and rode them up and down the boardwalk for an hour. It was so much fun to my DH (30 years old) at the time that he purchased his own mini Segway a year later and has been riding it around local parks and our yard ever since 😂. So if that helps you at all... my DH is very much into technology, remote control cars, drones, etc so a Segway was right up his alley. If your teens are anything like him, they’d probably enjoy riding them. Again, not sure what the “tour” part indicates though. We were riding at our leisure wherever we wanted. If a tour limits you, it may not be as fun, or it may be more fun depending on what you get to see!
We are going at 3:30. I’m really excited.

Ok guys—any recommendations for a password organizer for my parents? My dad (77) isn’t getting paper statements (has several cards) and doesn’t know how to log into his accounts. Just goes off the email saying your balance of $x is due month/day. I want to get it set up so my mom (who is much sharper now) can get into all of their accounts.

I paid for a Password Vault app on my phone because I can't keep track. My parents just used a little notebook they kept by the computer for their passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter