I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do restaurant purchases have to be over the $10/$20 amount for them to count for the new AMEX dining credits? I had my dining credit for my aspire post in 3 days for an order that was over $20. I'm still waiting on a McD's order from 3 weeks ago (ordered at there, not thru app or delivery) that was less than $10 to post on my surpass. I didn't get emails that I'd redeemed the offers for either purchase.

Those who applied for CIC/CIU and didn’t get instantly approved - how long did it take you to find out if you were approved (or not), and how did you find out? The Chase status line being out of commission is killing me!!
Woo hoo! My new CIC showed up in my account today! As a DP, I applied 2/23/21. Yesterday (2/25) I got an email from Chase saying they were reviewing my application, and to please be patient. The card showed up in my account today!

My 3 year old fell off her bed. I picked her up, put her in bed and she went right back to sleep.
I can’t fall asleep so instead I’m online checking my Amex offers🙄

Have a new staples offer on Marriott Biz and BBP
Spend $100 get $25

Added it to Marriott card since I am still working on MSR for BBP.

Delicious! Thank you!

Please advise as I'm about to do this....

I've never had a CIC. I have a CIP I'm needing to downgrade. I want to get a signup bonus on the CIC at some point, but with the elevated MSR right now I can't swing it. I can downgrade my CIP to a CIC and still get a SUB later, right? Would I cancel the CIC when I want to get the SUB and reapply? Or would I change that to a CIU and then get the CIC? Another group I'm in is saying you can't get the CIC SUB if you PC to it before having it.

I've never had a CIC. I have a CIP I'm needing to downgrade. I want to get a signup bonus on the CIC at some point, but with the elevated MSR right now I can't swing it. I can downgrade my CIP to a CIC and still get a SUB later, right? Would I cancel the CIC when I want to get the SUB and reapply? Or would I change that to a CIU and then get the CIC? Another group I'm in is saying you can't get the CIC SUB if you PC to it before having it.
You can definitely do what you are planning. I just did the exact same thing - downgraded by CIP to a CIC (maybe a year or so ago? Not sure if that is relevant). And just this week I applied for a new CIC.

You can have multiple CICs and get bonuses for each new one. So it is safe to downgrade now and apply later for a new card and get the SUB.

Do restaurant purchases have to be over the $10/$20 amount for them to count for the new AMEX dining credits? I had my dining credit for my aspire post in 3 days for an order that was over $20. I'm still waiting on a McD's order from 3 weeks ago (ordered at there, not thru app or delivery) that was less than $10 to post on my surpass. I didn't get emails that I'd redeemed the offers for either purchase.

You have to hit the 10 before you get anything. I had 2 purchases to get to the 10 on my surpass and never got an email. The terms say purchases totaled of 10 or more so it won't partially credit.

Will Chase pull a different bureau if the one they usually pull is frozen? I know you can request this with some banks via recon and they'll do it, but I can't recall for Chase.

I knew y'all knew more than then other group!!!
200.gif

I chatted with AmEx to see if I could get the elevated SUB on the gold, but was told no, that once I applied the current offer was 'locked' to my acount. Has anyone ever had luck getting the additional points for an AmEx increased SUB? My application was less than a month ago. Wondering if I should try again tomorrow with a different CSR.

On another note, my SUB posted :yay::yay:!

Hello all! I posted elsewhere and it was recommended to also post here. I really do love credit cards lol. I have a great credit score and pay my balances in full. I'm definitely interested in maximizing points, cash back, etc. I would say we put about $2,000 on credit cards/month.

In the last 24 months,

I have opened the AMEX hilton surpass and Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards.

I also just got approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred!

We are visiting Orlando in November.

The plan is to use my Ultimate Rewards to book a room at Loews Royal Pacific so we can get 2 days worth of express passes.

Then 2 nights at cabana bay. How should I pay for this portion?

We will then spend 3 nights at the doubletree disney springs using my hilton surpass points.
Yes, we are staying at 3 hotels!

I have disney gift cards to pay for the tickets. What is the best way to pay for the universal tickets?

I am also slightly interested in the citi premiere. Someone suggested to open that one too, but I'm worried about too many AFs. How bad is it to open, use rewards, and cancel cards?
I'll drop you a PM invite to our DISchurners reddit group which contains some great info.

If opening, using, and cancelling rewards cards is bad then most of us don't want to be good!! If you hang around here a bit, my guess is you'll start to pickup on some great strategies! Unfortunately you've already grabbed a CSP and a SW card and can't go back in time and do a MDD to double those earnings - so you'll want to be careful as you apply for future cards to make sure you don't lock yourself out of opportunities. But you found us now - and that's a good thing!

Hello all! I posted elsewhere and it was recommended to also post here. I really do love credit cards lol. I have a great credit score and pay my balances in full. I'm definitely interested in maximizing points, cash back, etc. I would say we put about $2,000 on credit cards/month.

In the last 24 months,

I have opened the AMEX hilton surpass and Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards.

I also just got approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred!

We are visiting Orlando in November.

The plan is to use my Ultimate Rewards to book a room at Loews Royal Pacific so we can get 2 days worth of express passes.

Then 2 nights at cabana bay. How should I pay for this portion?

We will then spend 3 nights at the doubletree disney springs using my hilton surpass points.
Yes, we are staying at 3 hotels!

I have disney gift cards to pay for the tickets. What is the best way to pay for the universal tickets?

I am also slightly interested in the citi premiere. Someone suggested to open that one too, but I'm worried about too many AFs. How bad is it to open, use rewards, and cancel cards?

Welcome!

Always keep new cards the full year before you cancel. New personal cards will lower the average age of accounts on your credit report. If you have other old cards, it may not be too much of a ding. Amex has the dreaded pop-up where when you go to apply for a new card, a pop-up says you're not eligible for the offer due to past behavior. It's a bit of a mystery why some people get it and others don't. One speculation is that canceling cards contributes to it. Continuing spend on their cards hopefully keeps it away.

If you have a side gig, consider opening business cards. Most don't report to your personal credit report and won't contribute to your Chase 5/24 count. Chase won't approve you for any of their cards once you have 5 personal cards (from any issuer) within the last 24 months. The Chase Ink cards have high bonuses, though approval is a bit hit or miss these days. Amex business cards are usually easy to get approved for and there's a Hilton biz one if you want more Hilton points.

The Citi Premier will add to your x/24 count and put you at 4/24. You should be able to get Universal tickets and hotels through their portal though. It still has the 1.25 redemption which goes away on April 10.

So I've been slacking on the bank bonuses, but I have to say the online betting promos for Michigan are AMAZING right now, LOL.
So far in the 1 app I've signed up for I have bet $1 and won $100 (transferred that immediately). I then got a promo for $100 in free blackjack play. I kinda thought the money I was winning was still "fake" so my last hand I bet $20. Only to find out I actually could cash out my winnings. So I won $67 with that. So for the $1 play I've made back that $1 and $168 in free money, LOL.

I'm working on another promo right now w/ bet $1 get $100 if ANY golfer makes a birdie this weekend :rotfl2: :rotfl2: The BF is way more financially secure so he's been taking up the match play bonus (bet $1000 get $1000) and the "risk-free" bets. I'm sticking to the super easy no money risk crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter