I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay my IRS page also says the 6th! I can then send it right back to them LOL.
I am not eligible for this Amazon offer :-(. I just used the 20% one last week.
Off to take 3 dogs for annual vet visits, after a $350 illness visit last week. Between that and tick/flea/heartworm meds I ordered, CIP spend will be finished in no time LOL. Darn dogs.
$990 before they look at the little ones bad teeth LOL. there goes my overtime check.

When I looked this up for Kroger pick up I found out they don’t allow tips for their pick up shoppers. Not sure about Meijer, but when I order from Kroger, I don’t think the people that bring the order out to the car are the same people that do the shopping. I’ve only had one mistake so far. I ordered cilantro and got Italian parsley. I was annoyed but it wasn’t that big of a deal so I didn’t do anything. I ordered cilantro again for my pickup today. I hope I get it!

Man I miss Kroger products. They used to sell them at Fry's Food when I lived in Arizona and they were my fave store brand ever. Only Wegmans beats them imo.

Speaking of Wegmans, my order is being shopped right now. It seems like they are now limiting more items than just the standard paper products and wipes, 2 per order. It's sad to me that they had to do it, I never order more than that anyway, but people suck. The good news is they still have a lot of availability on items, my shopper has had to make only a few substitutions and only 1 item was refunded. I'm not sure how it works for the grocery stores who do pickup but I know that Instacart the staffing varies based on store. Fairway always has different shoppers vs delivery drivers but everywhere else it seems to be the same person. Normally I tip well but since all of this started I've been tipping a lot more and also leaving thank you comments. My guy today has been amazing as far as communication, not just telling me what isn't in stock but about the milk dates, etc. It really is a godsend for us with my mom being an at risk disabled senior and me trying to limit my time outside because work had me out in the street the last couple of weeks.

If you want a Chase personal card there are reports of people being approved for one the next day or a few days after being denied for a business card

Thanks, I think I'll have DH go for the Sapphire Preferred. I already have a CSR. :(

I'm tempted to get the Amazon card for myself, but that doesn't help with earning points on paying our taxes.....

Has anyone received an apparently ‘free’ upgrade from the JetBlue basic card to their ‘plus’ card?

We received the cards in the mail to activate but not sure if it’ll force us into the $99 fee somehow..

Thanks, I think I'll have DH go for the Sapphire Preferred. I already have a CSR. :(

I'm tempted to get the Amazon card for myself, but that doesn't help with earning points on paying our taxes.....
Oh boo no support links from the CSR....there are from the CSP if you want to PC

When I looked this up for Kroger pick up I found out they don’t allow tips for their pick up shoppers. Not sure about Meijer, but when I order from Kroger, I don’t think the people that bring the order out to the car are the same people that do the shopping. I’ve only had one mistake so far. I ordered cilantro and got Italian parsley. I was annoyed but it wasn’t that big of a deal so I didn’t do anything. I ordered cilantro again for my pickup today. I hope I get it!
I wasn’t sure about tips but I got an email once it was complete from Meijer saying I could add a tip and rating. So they do allow it. The person who did the shopping was the same person who brought out my groceries. She did text me when she started and asked if I needed anything else. I was able to add on the water I had forgotten. I had wanted freezer ziplocks and she picked up regular ones. I’ll still use but not what I wanted.

I'm still having knee issues but it is now my other knee. Going to the dr Monday and hoping a cortisone shot will help. But not having to stand in the store shopping helper out.

Bleh.
I called the Disney Wholesale line and they were not taking calls at the moment (I think closed for the weekend?). Before attempting to contact anyone else I tried my Chase confirmation number again in MDE and it worked! Yay! But, now I need to get the kids added. I called the regular Disney line and they couldn't do it, she had tried to reach to find someone who could. She said to call Expedia as that might be faster than the credit card company. The entire time I was sitting on chat hold with Chase, still on hold there. I guess I wait until Monday and try Disney Wholesale again, if that doesn't work then I'll try Chase. I'm not sure if Expedia will really be helpful or not.

Slowly making progress here, I've got just over a week until FastPass day.

Working my way through MSRs
DH SW (75K for 5K) was completed awhile ago but stmt just closed and last 35K RRs posted to his account. :cool1: He was going for the CP but we're going to hold on that as I don't know how much we'll need it. SW extended my CP through June 2021.
DH BBP - still have $1k. Spend period extended through July
My CIP - $2.2K left. Extended through Sept
DH CIP - $4.9K left. June 30 deadline.

I tried yesterday with Plastiq but I was too late and my attempts on my acct and DH acct both had fees. I was going to knock out my MSRs if the fee was 0

This week I did the grocery pick-up at Meijer for the first time. Went fairly well. Just two things that weren't right. What do you do when that happens - try to return (not sure they are taking returns right now) or send an email for a refund? They were small so just going to let it go but wondered what is the right protocol in the future. Also wasn't sure how much people tip their shopper. Is it like other service where you do 15% of the amount or is it usually a flat amount per trip?

I see someone poated about Meijer but with Kroger they can't accept tips because they are union. I asked the first time they picked up. I haven't had any issues with mine. I get a notification if there's anything they can't fill or if there's any substitutions. It also let's me pick which items I want substitues and which I don't so I can approve or reject before I get there. Though they'll go over it with you there if not. I've liked the process but wouldn't switch to it when they bring the fee back unless I had circumstances that prevented me from having the time or I was sick and needed stuff. I don't mind the shopping.

I have to go in tomorrow so I can buy apples since I haven't figured out how to get it right on thr app since it goes by pounds instead of number of apples. So I'll buy 3 weeks amd then do p/u for 2. Also handy that our fred meyer is and always has been what super target etc are so I can hopefully get the jacket mom wants for walking and can get a hanging basket for mothers day. Prob also why amex has decided to classify thrm the same as target instead of grocery which really is what they say they are. Makes me sad though. I think chase has them as grocery, I need to double check, I know discover does.

Thank you so much @palhockeymomof2 , @kylenne and @GZanta77 for your replies! They are all super helpful as I plan this out!

I was thinking about this all more overnight and the idea of both JetBlue and a Chase card gives me lots of options. My in laws have a time share in Cancun and my SIL lives in Vegas... Both of those are JetBlue destinations that we could easily use points for. And opting for a Chase card too gives more flight options for next September. I have to crunch numbers to make sure we can meet the MSR and think through the AF after the first year, but it seems plausible.

Couple follow up questions...

- The idea of one of us getting the Chase card and then using the "refer a friend bonus" for the other spouse is brilliant. How soon after being approved would I typically be able to refer DH for a bonus?
- Can I purchase gift cards using these cards and still earn rewards? Like, I'm thinking about potentially buying Disney cards for meals and souvenirs to help meet the MSR?

Two CC data points:

I applied for a CIP last week. Denied right away (I wasn’t shocked given current DP, but thought it worth a try.) Then I applied for the CSP. Denied right away for that. This one did surprise me. The letter with the reason arrived today. Apparently, I am not eligible for the CSP (or CSR) because I already have a Sapphire product. I knew they didn’t allow, under regular circumstances, a CSR and CSP, but even if you have the old original Sapphire that’s not offered anymore, that counts against you. I’m not sure if this affects anyone here, but just a heads up.

Question: P2 is an authorized user on my ancient Sapphire. Will he be able to apply for a CSR or CSP? Or does being an AU exclude you from a new Sapphire?

I’m considering whether I should close my Sapphire. Thoughts and opinions? It’s not my oldest card, but it’s close to it.

Thank you so much @palhockeymomof2 , @kylenne and @GZanta77 for your replies! They are all super helpful as I plan this out!

I was thinking about this all more overnight and the idea of both JetBlue and a Chase card gives me lots of options. My in laws have a time share in Cancun and my SIL lives in Vegas... Both of those are JetBlue destinations that we could easily use points for. And opting for a Chase card too gives more flight options for next September. I have to crunch numbers to make sure we can meet the MSR and think through the AF after the first year, but it seems plausible.

- The idea of one of us getting the Chase card and then using the "refer a friend bonus" for the other spouse is brilliant. How soon after being approved would I typically be able to refer DH for a bonus?
- Can I purchase gift cards using these cards and still earn rewards? Like, I'm thinking about potentially buying Disney cards for meals and souvenirs to help meet the MSR?
Once you have your card you can generate a support link immediately and with Chase buying gift cards isn’t an issue at all

Last edited:
Two CC data points:

I applied for a CIP last week. Denied right away (I wasn’t shocked given current DP, but thought it worth a try.) Then I applied for the CSP. Denied right away for that. This one did surprise me. The letter with the reason arrived today. Apparently, I am not eligible for the CSP (or CSR) because I already have a Sapphire product. I knew they didn’t allow, under regular circumstances, a CSR and CSP, but even if you have the old original Sapphire that’s not offered anymore, that counts against you. I’m not sure if this affects anyone here, but just a heads up.

Question: P2 is an authorized user on my ancient Sapphire. Will he be able to apply for a CSR or CSP? Or does being an AU exclude you from a new Sapphire?

I’m considering whether I should close my Sapphire. Thoughts and opinions? It’s not my oldest card, but it’s close to it.

P2 can get his own CSR or CSP....
I’d call Chase and PC the sapphire card to a CF or CFU

Had a bunch of annual fees post today. I had PCed to a CSR in December and the fee just posted. Still $450, but also $75 because I forgot to remove DH as an AU. Hopefully I can call and have him removed. Also need to call and downgrade my Disney card to the no fee so I can wait for another upgrade offer. I currently have a $75 credit on there (well less the annual fee so only $26 right now) from a credit issued by DCL long after our cruise was over and paid for. No plans for any charges on this card until cruises start up again so hoping I can move to CSR or get a check.

Thinking about the JetBlue Plus card. Still have a long ways to go on DHs SW cards though and haven't used the bonus from the JetBlue biz yet. If it's still at 60k when it's time to cancel the biz I'll probably go for it. I have the no fee JetBlue card which I have had in various forms since 2007 and want to keep due to its age, would love an upgrade offer there haha.

As you have mentioned buying gift cards.......I would also ask if you or DH has anything you could call a 'business' - Chase has a no fee business credit card - Chase Ink Cash - that pays 5x points for purchases at office supply stores. It also has a 50,000 point bonus for opening. This can be a great way to buy Disney gift cards, especially if combined with one of the staples offers that Chase has periodically run recently. You would still need a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve, or a Chase Ink Plus to be able to transfer points to airlines.

Honestly, there is a lot to consider if you are moving forward with Chase - but the key is timing. Moving too fast with Chase is dangerous - especially as you do not appear to have any existing Chase cards. I would be inclined to suggest leaving 6 months between each of your first and second Chase applications. i.e. you and DH could get your first cards each in the same month, but then leave 6 months before either of you go for a second card with Chase.

That said, it could be a reasonable plan to apply for the JetBlue card and Chase Sapphire Preferred on the same day. This would give you a flying start assuming you can handle the required spend.

Southwest also flies to Cancun and Las Vegas as well. Have you considered a card from them? the joy of Southwest is being able to earn a Companion Pass where u fly and someone else who goes with you flies for free. can save u quite a bit of money going to WDW and/or Cancun. Id say your other option is to get a CSR(1.5x redemption) and lots of UR points, then redeem them on the portal.

Chase referral bonus will require u to have the card first though.
Gift cards will still earn rewards(with some exceptions on amex). Theres a another post in budget board that specialize in buying Disney Gift Cards at a discount. combine that with us, u be saving!

As you have mentioned buying gift cards.......I would also ask if you or DH has anything you could call a 'business' - Chase has a no fee business credit card - Chase Ink Cash - that pays 5x points for purchases at office supply stores. It also has a 50,000 point bonus for opening.

We don't have any business that we could attempt to use, no, and I'm only looking for entry level deals here. I don't see us opening oodles of cards in the next year. I've seen here that's it's lucrative, but my DH is risk adverse and I'm in the middle and we just don't vacation that often to juggle all the dates and requirements and AFs!

Meeting the MSRs is def my biggest challenge along with evaluating paying AFs against travel we'll actually use. We don't regularly make lots of big purchases and keep a frugal budget, so I'll be in trouble if I really don't think through when we'll be able to meet the spends. Buying supplies for a new deck, paying for summer camp (if it happens!), and Christmas shopping play into my timeline since I don't want to lose my maxed out Amex grocery cash back and that's our biggest, most reliable credit card expense every month. Thank goodness for spreadsheets!

Maybe I'll be a pro by next year and can handle next level offer juggling! :cool:

Southwest also flies to Cancun and Las Vegas as well. Have you considered a card from them?

Theres a another post in budget board that specialize in buying Disney Gift Cards at a discount. combine that with us, u be saving!

I did look at their card too, but would ultimately only get one specific airline card given how infrequently we fly. JetBlue seems to have the smokin' deal now and I prefer the assigned seat. Now that I have more insight from you all though, I'll be crunching numbers further! I love all the tips I've gotten over the years here- I'll totally find that gift card thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter