I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did look at their card too, but would ultimately only get one specific airline card given how infrequently we fly. JetBlue seems to have the smokin' deal now and I prefer the assigned seat. Now that I have more insight from you all though, I'll be crunching numbers further! I love all the tips I've gotten over the years here- I'll totally find that gift card thread!

one thing i will say, even when u say you travel infrequently, this hobby enables u to travel more, so ur plans can always change in the future. :]
i dont fly too much but i do travel locally and staying locally staying at random hotels simply because i can. lol

Southwest also flies to Cancun and Las Vegas as well. Have you considered a card from them? the joy of Southwest is being able to earn a Companion Pass where u fly and someone else who goes with you flies for free. can save u quite a bit of money going to WDW and/or Cancun. Id say your other option is to get a CSR(1.5x redemption) and lots of UR points, then redeem them on the portal.

Chase referral bonus will require u to have the card first though.
Gift cards will still earn rewards(with some exceptions on amex). Theres a another post in budget board that specialize in buying Disney Gift Cards at a discount. combine that with us, u be saving!
I like my SWA cards etc...but I think their homebase is Boston-which is GREAT for Jetblue.... I had this offer, got the 60k points and those points got my fam of 4 from Boston-LA Roundtrip in December 2018.... it was a great deal,and JB runs a nonstop out there from Boston.

Man you guys were busy. I made it a goal to barely use my phone in the hospital so even family was antsy and not hearing from us much. I’m gonna keep this kind of short because I’m working off fumes and the baby needs to feed again.

He was born at 9:21 am, weighed 8 lb 1 oz, and was 19 inches long. I think 2 or 3 people got the weight right. It was a very easy delivery and I only pushed for an hour. I did end up taking the epidural but no inducing. He just started cluster feeding today so that hasn’t been fun. I’m VERY sore and he just started having issues latching so we’ve been dealing with that. I’ll try to get on again sometime soon.

I’ll just drop this here... lol
View attachment 491278
Amazing! Congratulations.

Has anyone gone ahead and switched their steaming service charges to an AmEx card that has the newly-announced credit?

The credit is not showing up on the AmEx benefit site, and I'm wondering if it will be a hassle to get the credit. (Also, I realize that some of the new credits start in May and some in June--I think the streaming service is May but someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Has anyone gone ahead and switched their steaming service charges to an AmEx card that has the newly-announced credit?

The credit is not showing up on the AmEx benefit site, and I'm wondering if it will be a hassle to get the credit. (Also, I realize that some of the new credits start in May and some in June--I think the streaming service is May but someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
I switched my YouTube tv billing over this morning. It won’t bill until 5/24 so I should know more by then but I hope it’s not a pain.

Last edited:
Two CC data points:

I applied for a CIP last week. Denied right away (I wasn’t shocked given current DP, but thought it worth a try.) Then I applied for the CSP. Denied right away for that. This one did surprise me. The letter with the reason arrived today. Apparently, I am not eligible for the CSP (or CSR) because I already have a Sapphire product. I knew they didn’t allow, under regular circumstances, a CSR and CSP, but even if you have the old original Sapphire that’s not offered anymore, that counts against you. I’m not sure if this affects anyone here, but just a heads up.

Question: P2 is an authorized user on my ancient Sapphire. Will he be able to apply for a CSR or CSP? Or does being an AU exclude you from a new Sapphire?

I’m considering whether I should close my Sapphire. Thoughts and opinions? It’s not my oldest card, but it’s close to it.
I would PC the Sapphire to CF or CFU. Then you'll keep the age and be able to get a CSP.

I switched my YouTube tv billing over this morning. It won’t bill until 5/24 so I should no more by then but I hope it’s not a pain.

I switch D+ over today as well and it bills on the 7th but I was going to keep it another month so while I hope it works if it doesn't it's just there instead. I'm not going to sign up for something else to use up the rest of May until I see more thought.

More curious about the wireless credit and figuring out how much as to get paid, I'd rather not pay the entire bill if I don't have to.

Switched Netflix to Platinum card yesterday. Should be billed next week.

I switch D+ over today as well and it bills on the 7th but I was going to keep it another month so while I hope it works if it doesn't it's just there instead. I'm not going to sign up for something else to use up the rest of May until I see more thought.

More curious about the wireless credit and figuring out how much as to get paid, I'd rather not pay the entire bill if I don't have to.
I went ahead and made a $25 payment on my Verizon bill. I’ll let you know if/when I see any credit!
I switched our Netflix and will switch my DDs Spotify. That will be just over $20...perfect!

I switched D+ and Netflix yesterday!

Does this new credits count only if you already have the card? I don’t see it on Amex plat landing page.

I didn’t try CIP this time but got instant approval on the CSP. I never had instant approval on a CIP.

I got instant approvals on two SW Biz cards end of last year, my first and only instant approvals. Since then I have opened a personal checking/savings account with them for the bonus so was hoping with the larger relationship it would go easier. It went right to 7-10 Days and the status line confirmed the same. I have a $3,200 spend coming up so need something. LOL! I can push it off a week and wait for the letter then go for a CSP.

Just an FYI... Rumor Mill heating up CSR is unbookable through the beginning of Aug- I tried a couple random days and got nothing available. Nobody reporting cancelled reservations yet.

(Rumor is it would be the NBA site, plenty of discussion about that on the rumor board so don’t want to start it here. Just mention it as an entire WDW hotel disappearing from booking until August is a bit crazy.)

DANGIT!! I just got my Hulu charge notification *facepalm* $40 in streaming credits and I was going to switch stuff over today but I didn’t get around to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter