I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask what your math is? I'm dividing $229.06 by 117 = 1.95777777
then multiply that by 365 = $714.68 -
this is what I was using, I was figuring about $700 for the gold after tax, couldn't remember exactly how much ours were. But yeah, I did not factor in the blackout days.

this is what I was using, I was figuring about $700 for the gold after tax, couldn't remember exactly how much ours were. But yeah, I did not factor in the blackout days.

When I upgraded to the annual pass it was $699 plus tax at 6.5% = $744.43. I upgraded a hopper pass that I paid just under $400 for and paid an additional $276 (approx) with a gift card. It bridged to the $744.43.

I've played with it every which way and I can't make it come out to the exact $ but based on use, I'm happy. Closest is $714.68 plus 31.32 for blackout = $746. Or, it could be $714.68 plus 15 days of use ($29.36) = $744.04

Last edited:
Is there any way to check on my Chase account when those points were awarded? It could have been January when the points were awarded, meaning that the MDD wouldn't work (payments are due at the end of January).
GASP!! Your super detailed spreadsheet should tell you this...

Check your statements.
Also a good idea...
...the exact date should be the closing date of that statement. In the future, this would be a handy thing to have on your spreadsheet. :D
giphy-downsized.gif

Spreadsheet for the win!!!

After being stuck with all of these Qantas points, I am the proud owner of a CS Platinum so I can cash out my MRs for real money. I have almost 500k of useless kangaroo points. Hopefully we will be able to score kangaroo tickets again.
Congrats!!

After being stuck with all of these Qantas points, I am the proud owner of a CS Platinum so I can cash out my MRs for real money. I have almost 500k of useless kangaroo points. Hopefully we will be able to score kangaroo tickets again.

Congratulations!
I hear you on the points. We are now stuck with tons of Flying Blue points and no trips planned. :(

No. I don't think so. When you requested your refund (if I remember correctly) your pass was either expired or almost expired. Didn't you post that you asked for cancellation? It seems that may be what they did? Have you renewed your passes? That would be a whole different ballgame. I think you are ahead of the game for NOT renewing, actually canceling, getting a refund for the days you qualify for and waiting until you feel safe visiting with your baby. Unless that you are planning on going in August, you are ahead right now. Your refund will show sooner or later.
Yeah when we asked to cancel our passes they were going to expire in about 30 days give or take. We did not renew them because when this all started in March we knew we most likely wouldn’t be taking him to the parks for the rest of the year. I honestly don’t know when we’ll feel safe to take him again. We’re hoping for next April for his birthday but that’s a long time from now.

I cancelled my aa citi biz card this morning by chat. CSR said miles expire after 18 months. Is that 18 months from today or 18 months from the last time I used or made miles?

Check your statements.
You can see all your statements online, 7 years worth.
Thanks so much for your help. Points were on my statement that closed on December 14, 2016. Does that mean that I can apply on December 15th? That might be too late, as we are having friends pick up our mail twice per week and courier to Toronto once per month. I will have to give the DD some thought; could I just go for the CSP then upgrade back to the CSR during the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter