I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick reminder that it is 4 years from when you earned the bonus (not when you opened the card). I couldn’t tell from your wording what you meant by “received it” so just wanted to make they clear 😊
Is there any way to check on my Chase account when those points were awarded? It could have been January when the points were awarded, meaning that the MDD wouldn't work (payments are due at the end of January).

How long are you all waiting to contact Amex if the Small Business credit didn't post? I made sure to check the small business map.

I didn't contact them but I posted earlier that it took 3 weeks for them to post one I found on their map.

And, no mail delivery again today for me. I just texted a neighbor down the street to see if they got anything in the last two days. She will respond sooner or later - neither of us hang on our phones at home unless they actually ring. Checked the post office website and it's business as usual, and the regular hours open. Occasionally I'll see something and have to wait an extra day for it, but not usually 2 extra days.

Disney sent an email with 2 options last week. This is in addition for those of us who requested the 117 day refund - but did not choose to cancel our passes at that time. The first option is the default option.

With your pass having already expired, and with you having requested 'cancel' before the new options were offered, I would 'guess' that your refund ****possibly117 days minus 21 days after your expiry*****will come and that will be it. A month's extension would have been to 7/20 for you, which is already old news as of yesterday.

Please note that I am just guessing. Will be curious what actually happens. You are probably best off this way as you can start a new pass when you feel safe to go to the parks, rather than having a renewal certificate out there which would have been your option if you hadn't chosen to cancel.

As a reminder, you must select and submit your option by August 11, 2020. If you do not make a selection by that date, your annual pass will automatically continue and an additional month (30 days) will be added to your pass expiration date. Please note that once confirmed, selections cannot be changed.
Please review and select your desired option.

• OPTION 1
    I would like to continue my annual pass (default option).
    • An additional month (30 days) will automatically be processed and visible in your My Disney Experience account over the coming weeks.
  • ************************************************************************************
  • OPTION 2
    I would like to cancel my annual pass.
    • In lieu of a one-month extension, your annual pass will be canceled. Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020. You will be refunded for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable). Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. Refunds may take up to an additional month to receive if original form of payment is not available.
Should I be worried that I never received an email?

So, the mail just got delivered!! Who gets mail at 6:30pm???

Anyway it's here and so is my Disney refund: @elgerber - @Haley R @spacerangerqueen @snugglebug @wendow and if anyone else was curious I've lost track.

Refund = $229.06

Details: Original start date - Nov 6, 2019
Old hopper upgraded after using 1 day and upgraded using discounted disney gift card.
Used for 3 trips Nov 2019, Jan 2020, Feb 2020.
Refund requested May 26, 2020 for 117 day closed period only.
Pass extended for 30 days to Dec 6, 2020.

Last edited:
The annual fee to my wife's CSR will probably post in September and we plan to convert the card to a Freedom card, but currently we have a hotel reservation that we booked using her CSR points at the 1.5 multiplier, for Feb 2021. Does anyone know what happens to the reservation after the card is converted ? Is there any chance of losing it ?

You won't lose it, the reservation is essentially paid for (with points).

Is there any way to check on my Chase account when those points were awarded? It could have been January when the points were awarded, meaning that the MDD wouldn't work (payments are due at the end of January).

Chase posts the bonus at the close of statement. So after you find the statement it's on, the exact date should be the closing date of that statement. In the future, this would be a handy thing to have on your spreadsheet. :D

So, the mail just got delivered!! Who gets mail at 6:30pm???

Anyway it's here and so is my Disney refund: @elgerber - @Haley R @spacerangerqueen @snugglebug @wendow and if anyone else was curious I've lost track.

Refund = $229.06

Details: Original start date - Nov 6, 2019
Old hopper upgraded after using 1 day and upgraded using discounted disney gift card.
Used for 3 visits Nov 2019, Jan 2020, Feb 2020.
Refund requested May 26, 2020 for 117 day closed period only.
Pass extended for 30 days to Dec 6, 2020.
That seems about right to me, yes? what kind of AP was it?

The annual fee to my wife's CSR will probably post in September and we plan to convert the card to a Freedom card, but currently we have a hotel reservation that we booked using her CSR points at the 1.5 multiplier, for Feb 2021. Does anyone know what happens to the reservation after the card is converted ? Is there any chance of losing it ?
You wouldn’t lose the reservation, but the CSR travel protection will not apply once you convert to the freedom

Should I be worried that I never received an email?

No. I don't think so. When you requested your refund (if I remember correctly) your pass was either expired or almost expired. Didn't you post that you asked for cancellation? It seems that may be what they did? Have you renewed your passes? That would be a whole different ballgame. I think you are ahead of the game for NOT renewing, actually canceling, getting a refund for the days you qualify for and waiting until you feel safe visiting with your baby. Unless that you are planning on going in August, you are ahead right now. Your refund will show sooner or later.

Check your statements.
I don't keep my statements. Verify charges, pay, then shred.

Chase posts the bonus at the close of statement. So after you find the statement it's on, the exact date should be the closing date of that statement. In the future, this would be a handy thing to have on your spreadsheet. :D
Yes, definitely. Going forward I will keep track of when points post.

I hate to call Chase, but would it make sense to call them and ask innocently? I won't be applying for at last a few months and haven't had a new application since February.

That's what I figured it was, when I did the math. Seems about exactly right.

Can I ask what your math is? I'm dividing $229.06 by 117 = 1.95777777
then multiply that by 365 = $714.68 - or - by 349 (minusing out the 16 blockout days = $683.26 - which is eerily close to what I actually paid for the pass......neither number is the cost of an actual new dvc pass.

I would have paid less factoring in the gift card discount from buying with credit card offers but Disney couldn't track that.

Last edited:
I don't keep my statements. Verify charges, pay, then shred.

Yes, definitely. Going forward I will keep track of when points post.

I hate to call Chase, but would it make sense to call them and ask innocently? I won't be applying for at last a few months and haven't had a new application since February.
Calling chase wouldn’t help, if you look online you should be able to see your old statements

Just adding to the "coding as travel" conversation.

This is from my (lovely, heavy, brand new) CSP (does that work the same as the CSR?)

The top line is my tickets only (2 6 day tickets at the Dapper Days rate)
The bottom line is my one night deposit for the hotel at the Dapper Days rate).

Probably no one here needed that, but I wanted to participate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter