I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Jura with automatic grinder. DH's work was throwing it out because it broke, so he took it home and fixed it. We used a Keurig before for many years, always felt bad about the plastic waste. Not sure if I can ever go back. If the Jura ever becomes unfixable (knock on wood!), we may just have to buy one. 😆

I looked at a Jura - very nice - I think it was like $3k :eek: - I went with the Breville setup because it allows me to pretend to be a barista but is still relatively forgiving and whole setup cost me less than $500 with various amazon discounts.

I went through the grinding my beans and buying fresh roasted coffee beans and would love if I had some one to do it for me in the early morning! I also love french press coffee. But, mostly - I just want to slap a pod in and push a button to get a decent cup between 5 and 6 am.

I used to be much more motivated to do a press pot, and I certainly enjoy the coffee!

Yes - been doing a lot more of the french press recently!! All this staying home lark = more time to make coffee!

I looked at a Jura - very nice - I think it was like $3k :eek: - I went with the Breville setup because it allows me to pretend to be a barista but is still relatively forgiving and whole setup cost me less than $500 with various amazon discounts.

Yes - been doing a lot more of the french press recently!! All this staying home lark = more time to make coffee!

We've got a Breville espresso maker that has literally become my best friend during WFH, lol!!!

I have an AA shutdown complaint post but not sure where to make it since that thread on reddit is archived. Can someone direct me to the correct place to voice my Complaint for everyone’s benefit?

This is specific to my situation, but yes basically all of them. I will leave a small amount behind for the occasional Hyatt need but 1.5 cpp is the same as I’d get using them for any travel experience so I’m taking the cash now and can always pay cash later for travel if I need to.
wow...thanks for the info

I have an AA shutdown complaint post but not sure where to make it since that thread on reddit is archived. Can someone direct me to the correct place to voice my Complaint for everyone’s benefit?

The entire thing is shut down and there's no train or anything to save at this point so unless I'm way off base, I don't think there's any reason not to poat about it here. The one huge shut down complaint with the dot has hit the blogs and reddit.

My friend has that one and it's really nice. We opted for the Breville Nespresso one since we all want to drink what we want (DH favors regular until evening then decaf, and I want decaf 99% of the time), otherwise we would have tried the one you got. Funny story but my friend said that buying it didn't save them any money because it increased their coffee and milk consumption a ton. :rotfl:

The entire thing is shut down and there's no train or anything to save at this point so unless I'm way off base, I don't think there's any reason not to poat about it here. The one huge shut down complaint with the dot has hit the blogs and reddit.
If you’re shutdown then nothing to hide. Say whatever you want right here lol.

If you’re not shutdown but worried you could be I would not say anything that could possibly hurt you (ie tie your activities back to your true identity). I wouldn’t say it here; I wouldn’t say it on DISchurners.

If you just want to generally complain then I guess here is the place for that too.

Well then if there’s a rat, I offer them my complaint flavored cheese.

P1 and I had some business credit cards. I don’t have my data with me right now but I think P2 has 3(4?) and I had 2(3?). After the hubbub started I, in panic mode I now admit, tried to cash out points via points.com. My account was locked and deactivated. I decided to wait for my eventual shutdown and accept my fate. But then nothing happened. I was auto transferred when I tried to call in, so I figured shutdown was coming. Still nothing happened. This week I decided to bite the bullet and contact points.com to see if I could get my account reactivated. They say call AA. So I call them and they say my account has been with security for review for months, but that I should hear from them soon.

Darn it! I had hope there. Now I have this! But I still have all these miles in my account - which I can log in to. Shut it down already then!

Well then if there’s a rat, I offer them my complaint flavored cheese.

P1 and I had some business credit cards. I don’t have my data with me right now but I think P2 has 3(4?) and I had 2(3?). After the hubbub started I, in panic mode I now admit, tried to cash out points via points.com. My account was locked and deactivated. I decided to wait for my eventual shutdown and accept my fate. But then nothing happened. I was auto transferred when I tried to call in, so I figured shutdown was coming. Still nothing happened. This week I decided to bite the bullet and contact points.com to see if I could get my account reactivated. They say call AA. So I call them and they say my account has been with security for review for months, but that I should hear from them soon.

Darn it! I had hope there. Now I have this! But I still have all these miles in my account - which I can log in to. Shut it down already then!
So is this true of one acct or both? If your stats are accurate, it’s surprising you’re locked due to a shutdown, 2 or 3 cards was beneath the threshold of people being targeted.

Either way I’d probably just consider them gone in your mind BUT keep calling until you get a final answer. Have you attempted to use them in some other fashion?

Hi everyone! i haven't been here in so long with everything going on. I just logged in to see if anyone
is using the the pay back feature from Chase. I just saw some posts here several are using it. I think i
will also for at least half to 3/4 the amount. I don't see us booking or going anywhere until spring 2021
at earliest.

Last year thanks to the members of this board we got in lot of travel. 10 days walt disney world in Jan. 11 days
in Alaska. Then loved it so much the next month took Mother n law on cruise to Alaska with 5 day
stay in Vancouver. September/Oct went 1 week in Paris and 1 Week in London. My husband thought i was
crazy planning so much but i just had this weird feeling to try to get in as much as possible. i was worried
sitting on points.

Unfortunately the April 2020 Hawaii / Japan trip got covid cancelled. Hyatt ..American and Hawaiian
refunded all points. I'm worried about American devaluing. I booked JAL with those points.

*By the way 2 days after we got back from Europe my teen daughter got really sick. High fever
swollen lymph nodes and coughing. 4 different antibiotics because nothing was working. 2 weeks
later she was better but it was scary. Makes me wonder now.

So is this true of one acct or both? If your stats are accurate, it’s surprising you’re locked due to a shutdown, 2 or 3 cards was beneath the threshold of people being targeted.

I tried magazines months ago and that didn’t work. I didn’t call for both accounts today because of rage, only the higher count one. But the emails I got from points was identical for both so I’m not overly optimistic.

I did get a supervisor this am and was told they have no control, there’s nothing I can do - I can’t even get Security’s number just have to wait for their call. I’m not optimistic about that either since they haven’t called me in these months.

I drink way too much coffee - and have had Keurigs for 9 years. Also got a nespresso 4 years ago, and just last month I graduated to a Breville Barista Bambino Plus and Breville grinder. I buy beans freshly roasted from a local coffee roaster and am having a lot of fun experimenting with different grinds and coffee blends. It has really brought back the joy of drinking coffee and noticing subtle flavor differences depending on the grind.

The nespresso still gets some use, but the Keurig is now largely gathering dust in the the corner, while my non-coffee drinking DW complains about the amount of counter space occupied by coffee machines. :coffee:
Take it a step further and get a roaster. My husband has been roasting our coffee beans for 10+ years. He buys green coffee beans, roasts them nightly and uses a burr grinder to grind fresh in am for coffee.
Best coffee ever. I have a Keurig but we use it mostly for hot water or when one person wants caffeinated and one wants decaf. No comparison between any pod/cup type coffee and fresh roasted.

Last edited:
I went through the grinding my beans and buying fresh roasted coffee beans and would love if I had some one to do it for me in the early morning! I also love french press coffee. But, mostly - I just want to slap a pod in and push a button to get a decent cup between 5 and 6 am.

I used to be much more motivated to do a press pot, and I certainly enjoy the coffee!
We have a Cuisinart coffee maker with built in burr grinder (not sure they sell that model anymore.). Also has a built in timer. DH puts freshly roasted beans and water in at night and we wake up to already made coffee.

Another outlier - no to coffee. Have never liked the taste. Now teas, that is my weakness. Current favorite hot is Tazo Breakfast tea. Luzianne iced tea is what I drink all day long. No fancy machines, just an electric kettle to heat the water.

I actually drink tea all day. Lately it's been Celestial Seasonings herbal ones, but I have quite a nice selection of teas to choose from. I go through maybe 3-5 espresso pods a week (less than DH's daily consumption most days :rotfl: ). I found a taste for iced lattes about 10 years ago, and make those or hot ones at home now, but I actually won't drink plain coffee.

Another outlier - no to coffee. Have never liked the taste. Now teas, that is my weakness. Current favorite hot is Tazo Breakfast tea. Luzianne iced tea is what I drink all day long. No fancy machines, just an electric kettle to heat the water.
I don't drink the stuff either. Dh loves his Nespresso, DD loves her Keurig and I brew iced tea in my instant pot and drink that all day LOL

Question: DH applied for a CSP in early May. We just hit the MSR a couple of weeks ago. At the time of the app, I didn’t think the CSR was right for us because of limited travel. Now they’ve unveiled the pay yourself back at the 1.5 has me wondering...

Would it be a smart move to PC the CSP to a CSR? Is the $300 travel credit still also able to be used for groceries or another category? Can you even PC something so soon after opening the original card?

Question: DH applied for a CSP in early May. We just hit the MSR a couple of weeks ago. At the time of the app, I didn’t think the CSR was right for us because of limited travel. Now they’ve unveiled the pay yourself back at the 1.5 has me wondering...

Would it be a smart move to PC the CSP to a CSR? Is the $300 travel credit still also able to be used for groceries or another category? Can you even PC something so soon after opening the original card?

You have to wait a year before you ca PC the card. Can you apply for the CSR?

You have to wait a year before you ca PC the card. Can you apply for the CSR?
I might. I was denied in early May for a CFU. Denial said too many credit inquires. I didn’t call recon. I‘ve had a good relationship with Chase for more than 20 years. My score is just as high as DH’s. Do you think 60 days is good enough to try again? Or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter